PDA

View Full Version : Need a break in the weather!

Chris
July 6th 05, 10:03 PM
We're running out of places to hang sodden waterproofs, bags, cycling
shoes, buffs and Sealskinz socks!

It seems to have been raining continuously for days now, here in
(previously) sunny Norfolk.

Still on target for the 1000km month as the end of the first week looms;
I'm hoping for a sunny interval this weekend so I can get out for a long
ride.

--
Chris

Simon Brooke
July 6th 05, 11:49 PM
in message >, Chris
') wrote:

> We're running out of places to hang sodden waterproofs, bags, cycling
> shoes, buffs and Sealskinz socks!
>
> It seems to have been raining continuously for days now, here in
> (previously) sunny Norfolk.

Whereas here in normally wet Galloway, the waterproofs haven't been off
their hooks in weeks.

;; IE 3 is dead, but Netscape 4 still shambles about the earth,
;; wreaking a horrific vengeance upon the living
;; anonymous

Adam Lea
July 7th 05, 12:24 AM
"Chris" > wrote in message
> We're running out of places to hang sodden waterproofs, bags, cycling
> shoes, buffs and Sealskinz socks!
>
> It seems to have been raining continuously for days now, here in
> (previously) sunny Norfolk.
>
> Still on target for the 1000km month as the end of the first week looms;
> I'm hoping for a sunny interval this weekend so I can get out for a long
> ride.
>
> --
> Chris

There is a dry spell arriving this weekend. Should last for a few days at
least.

Adam

Jeremy Collins
July 7th 05, 09:40 AM
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:03:36 +0100, Chris > wrote:

> We're running out of places to hang sodden waterproofs, bags, cycling
> shoes, buffs and Sealskinz socks!
>
> It seems to have been raining continuously for days now, here in
> (previously) sunny Norfolk.

Damn right. I'm getting married tomorrow, and next week taking SWMBO
cycling for 5 days. I could *really* use a spell of summer weather
about now... !

--
jc

Simon Brooke
July 7th 05, 10:32 AM
in message <op.stjbnyq34al0tm@office>, Jeremy Collins
') wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:03:36 +0100, Chris >
> wrote:
>
>> We're running out of places to hang sodden waterproofs, bags, cycling
>> shoes, buffs and Sealskinz socks!
>>
>> It seems to have been raining continuously for days now, here in
>> (previously) sunny Norfolk.
>
> Damn right. I'm getting married tomorrow, and next week taking SWMBO
> cycling for 5 days. I could *really* use a spell of summer weather
> about now... !

Five day forecast:
<URL:http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1668>

;; killing [afghan|iraqi] civilians is not 'justice'

Jeremy Collins
July 7th 05, 01:08 PM
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:32:43 +0100, Simon Brooke >
wrote:

> in message <op.stjbnyq34al0tm@office>, Jeremy Collins
> ') wrote:
>

>> Damn right. I'm getting married tomorrow, and next week taking SWMBO
>> cycling for 5 days. I could *really* use a spell of summer weather
>> about now... !
>
> Five day forecast:
> <URL:http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1668>

Yes, that thing is notoriously inaccurate round these parts
( http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3408 )
It often gets the weather for *right now* wrong! But as it's
predicting sunshine I think I'll choose to believe it...

--
jc

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home