PDA

View Full Version : Seditious thoughts

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 9th 05, 11:36 AM
My mind has wandered onto the possibility of selling the Stinger and
using the money to buy a KMX or two...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Alan Braggins
July 9th 05, 06:55 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>My mind has wandered onto the possibility of selling the Stinger and
>using the money to buy a KMX or two...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7167410386
KMX X, 1 day left, no bids so far, 700 pound starting bid.

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 9th 05, 07:16 PM
At 09 Jul 2005 18:55:19 +0100 (BST), message
> was posted by
(Alan Braggins), including some, all or
none of the following:

>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7167410386
>KMX X, 1 day left, no bids so far, 700 pound starting bid.

Only £300 more than the last X-class I was offered direct from the
factory :-D

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Jon Senior
July 9th 05, 07:30 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> Only £300 more than the last X-class I was offered direct from the
> factory :-D

That wouldn't be your Stinger that just appeared?

Jon

Call me Bob
July 9th 05, 07:35 PM
On 09 Jul 2005 18:55:19 +0100 (BST), (Alan
Braggins) wrote:

>>My mind has wandered onto the possibility of selling the Stinger and
>>using the money to buy a KMX or two...
>
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7167410386
>KMX X, 1 day left, no bids so far, 700 pound starting bid.

Seems expensive, aren't they only that sort of money new?

A Stinger has been listed today, might be interesting to watch what
sort of money that makes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7168656861

"Bob"
--

"I will refuse to register for an ID card and will donate £10
to a legal defence fund but only if 10,000 other people will

Join the Pledge !!

http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

http://www.pledgebank.com/faq

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 9th 05, 07:45 PM
At Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:30:59 +0100, message
> was posted by Jon Senior
<jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk>, including some, all or none of
the following:

>That wouldn't be your Stinger that just appeared?

No, still at the idle speculation stage.

My ebay ID is Stinger_Rider

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Steven
July 9th 05, 07:52 PM
On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:35:01 GMT, Call me Bob
> wrote:

>On 09 Jul 2005 18:55:19 +0100 (BST), (Alan
>Braggins) wrote:
>
>>>My mind has wandered onto the possibility of selling the Stinger and
>>>using the money to buy a KMX or two...
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7167410386
>>KMX X, 1 day left, no bids so far, 700 pound starting bid.
>
>Seems expensive, aren't they only that sort of money new?
>
>A Stinger has been listed today, might be interesting to watch what
>sort of money that makes.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7168656861

Now, does that look cool, or does that look cool?

Only thing is, isn't there a danger of falling asleep at the lights after a long
ride?

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 9th 05, 08:44 PM
At Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:52:59 GMT, message
> was posted by
(Steven), including some, all or none of the
following:

>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7168656861
>Now, does that look cool, or does that look cool?

Less so when you put me on top of one:

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/bike_optima_stinger

>Only thing is, isn't there a danger of falling asleep at the lights after a long
>ride?

Nah - unless you fit the optional headrest :-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Buck
July 9th 05, 11:30 PM
On 07/09/2005 11:36:16 "Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote:

> My mind has wandered onto the possibility of selling the Stinger and using
> the money to buy a KMX or two...

I like the idea of the KMX, I even toyed with selling them for a while,
my daughter aged 9, suggested they were a bit heavy and funny design,
she was of course comparing them to the Catrikes, which is very unfair
with the price difference, but I can see the point on weight. I hope the
makers do very well with them.

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

LSMike
July 10th 05, 05:12 AM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message
> At Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:30:59 +0100, message
> > was posted by Jon Senior
> <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk>, including some, all or none of
> the following:
>
>>That wouldn't be your Stinger that just appeared?
>
> No, still at the idle speculation stage.
>
> My ebay ID is Stinger_Rider

Not for long it would seem. :)

Clive George
July 10th 05, 03:43 PM
"Call me Bob" > wrote in message

> A Stinger has been listed today, might be interesting to watch what
> sort of money that makes.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7168656861

What's the plot with stinger frames? I know Guy got through two - was there
a design flaw?

cheers,
clive

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 10th 05, 04:25 PM
At Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:43:09 +0100, message
> was posted by
"Clive George" >, including some, all or none
of the following:

>What's the plot with stinger frames? I know Guy got through two - was there
>a design flaw?

Yes. They've upped the grade of aluminium, improved the heat
treatment, increased the diameter of the steerer tube and beefed up
the interface with fillets. It looks very different.

FWIW, the eBay one listed is the old pattern frame without these mods.
But: of the four breakages Optima had, two were mine. It's those legs
on which Myra complimented me way back when ;-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Buck
July 10th 05, 05:03 PM
On 07/10/2005 15:43:09 "Clive George" > wrote:

> "Call me Bob" > wrote in message

>> A Stinger has been listed today, might be interesting to watch what sort
>> of money that makes.

>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemq68656861

> What's the plot with stinger frames? I know Guy got through two - was
> there a design flaw?

> cheers, clive

I thought only one broke?

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 10th 05, 08:34 PM
At Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:03:35 GMT, message
> was posted by Buck
>, including some, all or none of the
following:

>I thought only one broke?

Three, one of them twice. Four really, since they were (obviously)
separate frames.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Buck
July 10th 05, 08:56 PM
On 07/10/2005 20:34:47 "Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote:

> At Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:03:35 GMT, message
> > was posted by Buck
> >, including some, all or none of the
> following:

>> I thought only one broke?

> Three, one of them twice. Four really, since they were (obviously)
> separate frames.

Oops, did they all brake at the point of the steering tube?

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

daren
July 11th 05, 10:19 AM
We already have the KMX fund for the boys. I think at full price they
are still a little steep. At UKP 250 they would fly out of the shops.
We had to surgically separate one son from the controls when he tried
it.

I'd take a Catrike/ICE for an adult, but the KMX K class looks
unbeat/break-able for the boys

regards

Daren
--
remove outer garment for reply

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 11th 05, 11:42 AM
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:56:36 GMT, Buck
> wrote:

>>> I thought only one broke?
>> Three, one of them twice. Four really, since they were (obviously)
>> separate frames.
>Oops, did they all brake at the point of the steering tube?

Yes, three in front, one (not mine) behind.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

Buck
July 11th 05, 12:43 PM
On 07/11/2005 10:19:39 "daren" > wrote:

> We already have the KMX fund for the boys. I think at full price they are
> still a little steep. At UKP 250 they would fly out of the shops. We had
> to surgically separate one son from the controls when he tried it.

> I'd take a Catrike/ICE for an adult, but the KMX K class looks
> unbeat/break-able for the boys

> regards

I agree, it's right in between go-kart and bmx.

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Buck
July 11th 05, 12:48 PM
On 07/11/2005 11:42:26 "Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote:

>>> Three, one of them twice. Four really, since they were (obviously)
>>> separate frames.

>> Oops, did they all brake at the point of the steering tube?

> Yes, three in front, one (not mine) behind.

> Guy

Must be those deep sea diving boots you wear while cycling.

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Danny Colyer
July 11th 05, 06:54 PM
daren wrote:
> We already have the KMX fund for the boys. I think at full price they
> are still a little steep. At UKP 250 they would fly out of the shops.
> We had to surgically separate one son from the controls when he tried
> it.

I had that problem with my 15 month old son. I hate to think of the
trouble I'd have had if he'd actually been able to *ride* the trike,
rather than just sitting on it.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home