PDA

View Full Version : First Imperial Century

Ian
July 9th 05, 06:11 PM
Just back in from my first 100+mile ride - a great ride down the A701
from Edinburgh to Moffat (and back) - 103.55 miles at an average of
16.3mph. I'm fairly chuffed to be honest - I had expected an average of
about 15mph.

The A701 is a great road - not much traffic, and though it climbs up to
over 400m it does it fairly steadily from both sides - and Moffat has
some nice parks where you can catch 20winks after a mid ride snack ;-)

Ian

Simon Brooke
July 9th 05, 11:26 PM
in message >, Ian
') wrote:

> Just back in from my first 100+mile ride - a great ride down the A701
> from Edinburgh to Moffat (and back) - 103.55 miles at an average of
> 16.3mph. I'm fairly chuffed to be honest - I had expected an average
> of about 15mph.

Over the Beeftub, yet! That is /not/ a bad speed for that road.

> The A701 is a great road - not much traffic, and though it climbs up to
> over 400m it does it fairly steadily from both sides - and Moffat has
> some nice parks where you can catch 20winks after a mid ride snack ;-)

I love the A701. And down the Beeftub into Moffat is a blast. But by the
same token, from Moffat back up the Beeftub is a bit grueling.

;; Perl ... is the Brittney Spears of programming - easily accessible
;; but, in the final analysis, empty of any significant thought
;; Frank Adrian on Slashdot, 21st July 2003

Simon Mason
July 10th 05, 11:48 AM
"Ian" > wrote in message
> Just back in from my first 100+mile ride - a great ride down the A701 from
> Edinburgh to Moffat (and back) - 103.55 miles at an average of 16.3mph.
> I'm fairly chuffed to be honest - I had expected an average of about
> 15mph.

Great average speed Ian - well done :-)

--
Simon Mason