PDA

View Full Version : FS: Trek 27.2mm Seatpost

Doug
February 14th 05, 04:56 AM
Trek custom alloy micro-adjust seatpost
27.2mm diameter.
22.5cm long; 15cm to min insertion line.
US$ 20, shipped, CONUS
Item is used, but in good shape.
Check or MO
Picture available.

Questions to: 200miler [at] cyclingforum [dot] com

Doug Goodwin

"Where do these people come from? Is there an agency out there that reads
the Net and says 'Oops, not enough morons on this newsgroup' and then
assigns some slack-jawed inbred grit-eatin' stooge to gum up the works?"
-- Jim Cowling

Frank
February 14th 05, 05:28 AM
"Doug" > wrote in message
> Trek custom alloy micro-adjust seatpost
> 27.2mm diameter.
> 22.5cm long; 15cm to min insertion line.
> US$ 20, shipped, CONUS
> Item is used, but in good shape.
> Check or MO
> Picture available.
>
> Questions to: 200miler [at] cyclingforum [dot] com
> Doug Goodwin

POSTING #200 AS PREDICTED!!!!!! A RECORD THAT WILL NEVER BE BROKEN...THAT
IS, UNTIL DOUG POSTS THIS AD FOR THE 201ST TIME NEXT SUNDAY EVENING,
FEBRUARY 20TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST AS THE SUN WILL RISE IN THE EAST EVERY MORNING, EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT DOUG
WILL TROT OUT THIS TIRED OLD USED TREK SEATPOST FOR SALE FOR $20 AND LIST IT
FOR SALE IN RBM.

HE HAS RECEIVED OFFERS TO SELL IT, BUT HE BELIEVES IT IS WORTH MORE THAN THE
OFFER OF $17.50. PROBLEM IS, AFTER 200 FOR SALE POSTINGS HERE IN RBM NOBODY
ELSE BELIEVES AS HE DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOUG, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TAKE THE $17.50 AND BE DONE WITH
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George Ball
February 14th 05, 01:04 PM
OK Doug, you never responded to my offer to buy it for $17.50. So, now,
here it is, I'll pay the full $20. Tell me where to send the check.

That is if you really have it still, which I doubt.

I'm posting this to the newsgroup and also to your supposedly private email
address

Oh wait, and send me the picture of it also, next to a recent newspaper
please with the date clear on the newspaper.

"Doug" > wrote in message
> Trek custom alloy micro-adjust seatpost
> 27.2mm diameter.
> 22.5cm long; 15cm to min insertion line.
> US$ 20, shipped, CONUS
> Item is used, but in good shape.
> Check or MO
> Picture available.
>
> Questions to: 200miler [at] cyclingforum [dot] com
>
> Doug Goodwin
>
> "Where do these people come from? Is there an agency out there that reads
> the Net and says 'Oops, not enough morons on this newsgroup' and then
> assigns some slack-jawed inbred grit-eatin' stooge to gum up the works?"
> -- Jim Cowling

Doug
February 15th 05, 04:14 AM
"George Ball" > wrote in
:

> OK Doug, you never responded to my offer to buy it for $17.50. So,
> now, here it is, I'll pay the full $20. Tell me where to send the
> check.
>
> That is if you really have it still, which I doubt.
>
> I'm posting this to the newsgroup and also to your supposedly private
> email address
>
> Oh wait, and send me the picture of it also, next to a recent
> newspaper please with the date clear on the newspaper.

~~~SNIP~~~~

Oh, I see what the problem is. You e-mailed me from your rr.com addy of
, and you posted this from your Yahoo addy,
. Your rr.com addy was put in the same list as the addy [
] for the Oklahoma Anal Orifice who started the
troll, and it gets forwarded to Dave Null.

Since you jumped into the troll only lately, I had assumed that you were a
good buddy of his, and that your comments were a "pile-on" troll. Since
most long time users of usenet have developed a more skeptical view of
what's posted, I assumed you were not just a gullible poster, and had not
been sucked in by the BULLS**T generated by the delusional Orifice. Ergo,
the block on your e-mail address. My hardkill in the froup, first ever in
rbm, of the Orifice, et al., had included your rr.com addy; I hadn't
noticed the yahoo one 'til just now.

With that said, I still have it in my possession, but you can forget about
ever buying it. Since you jumped into Orifice's troll, you are as tainted
as he is, and I'd trash heap it before selling it to you and your
"combine".

Frank
February 15th 05, 04:43 AM
"Doug" > wrote in message >
> Oh, I see what the problem is. You e-mailed me from your rr.com addy of
> , and you posted this from your Yahoo addy,
> . Your rr.com addy was put in the same list as the addy [
> ] for the Oklahoma Anal Orifice who started the
> troll, and it gets forwarded to Dave Null.
>
> Since you jumped into the troll only lately, I had assumed that you were a
> good buddy of his, and that your comments were a "pile-on" troll. Since
> most long time users of usenet have developed a more skeptical view of
> what's posted, I assumed you were not just a gullible poster, and had not
> been sucked in by the BULLS**T generated by the delusional Orifice. Ergo,
> the block on your e-mail address. My hardkill in the froup, first ever in
> rbm, of the Orifice, et al., had included your rr.com addy; I hadn't
> noticed the yahoo one 'til just now.
>
> With that said, I still have it in my possession, but you can forget about
> ever buying it. Since you jumped into Orifice's troll, you are as tainted
> as he is, and I'd trash heap it before selling it to you and your
> "combine".
================
Doug,

Please immediately put in the earplugs and close the blinds tight! I think
the black helicopters are circling your trailer now...

"For sale old used Trek seatpost" RBM for sale ad #201 coming to your
computer Sunday evening, February 20th!!!!!

George Ball
February 15th 05, 01:10 PM
Just what I thought Doug, you have no interest whatsoever in selling the
seatpost; now your only goal is to **** everyone off. Hope you enjoy the
seatpost more than you would have enjoyed the $20.

"Doug" > wrote in message
> "George Ball" > wrote in
> :
>
>> OK Doug, you never responded to my offer to buy it for $17.50. So,
>> now, here it is, I'll pay the full $20. Tell me where to send the
>> check.
>>
>> That is if you really have it still, which I doubt.
>>
>> I'm posting this to the newsgroup and also to your supposedly private
>> email address
>>
>> Oh wait, and send me the picture of it also, next to a recent
>> newspaper please with the date clear on the newspaper.

bikeguy11968
February 15th 05, 01:31 PM
I must ask the question. If indeed there is no interest in selling the
product, isn't that unwanted spam? Can't the moderators then ban you
for not actually providing the service described in this post?

For the record, I have devoted the last 11 years of my life to fully
restoring my Trek 830mtb. I'll pay any price for the post. ANY PRICE!

David Kerber
February 15th 05, 01:48 PM
In article om>,
says...
> I must ask the question. If indeed there is no interest in selling the
> product, isn't that unwanted spam? Can't the moderators then ban you
> for not actually providing the service described in this post?

There aren't any moderators for this NG, but the point is that he wants
to sell the post, but not to the guys who have been harrassing him about
it. Seems like he's kind of cutting off his nose to spite his face, but
some people are like that.

> For the record, I have devoted the last 11 years of my life to fully
> restoring my Trek 830mtb. I'll pay any price for the post. ANY PRICE!

If you really want the post, rather than just wanting to prove a point,
I'll bet he'll sell it to you, though it may cost more than the original
asking price. Actually, I just noticed that you only had one post in
this endless, pointless thread, so maybe I'm wrong about needing to pay
more than the original asking price.

newsgroups if possible).

Doug
February 16th 05, 03:20 AM
"bikeguy11968" > wrote in
ups.com:

> I must ask the question. If indeed there is no interest in selling the
> product, isn't that unwanted spam? Can't the moderators then ban you
> for not actually providing the service described in this post?
>
> For the record, I have devoted the last 11 years of my life to fully
> restoring my Trek 830mtb. I'll pay any price for the post. ANY PRICE!

I'm not sure who or what you're responding to, but firstly, this is an
unmoderated group, anything goes, even a rabid troll! Secondly, yes, the
item *IS* for sale. And lastly, no, posting an item, and choosing not to
sell to any particular individual[s] is not spam. It is a matter of
seller's prerogative.

If you are truly interested in purchasing the seatpost, contact me at
200miler [at] cyclingforum dot] com, and I'll be glad to discuss the
transaction with you, albeit without the background noise of the newsgroup.

--
Doug Goodwin

Phil, Squid-in-Training
February 18th 05, 03:05 AM
"Doug" > wrote in message
> "bikeguy11968" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>
>> I must ask the question. If indeed there is no interest in selling the
>> product, isn't that unwanted spam? Can't the moderators then ban you
>> for not actually providing the service described in this post?
>>
>> For the record, I have devoted the last 11 years of my life to fully
>> restoring my Trek 830mtb. I'll pay any price for the post. ANY PRICE!
>>

> I'm not sure who or what you're responding to, but firstly, this is an
> unmoderated group, anything goes, even a rabid troll! Secondly, yes, the
> item *IS* for sale. And lastly, no, posting an item, and choosing not to
> sell to any particular individual[s] is not spam. It is a matter of
> seller's prerogative.
>
> If you are truly interested in purchasing the seatpost, contact me at
> 200miler [at] cyclingforum dot] com, and I'll be glad to discuss the
> transaction with you, albeit without the background noise of the
> newsgroup.

Uh, how much does it weigh? IF it's <160 grams if cut at 250mm, I'll take
it.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Doug
February 19th 05, 12:01 AM
"Phil, Squid-in-Training" > wrote
in :

~~SNIPPAGE~~~

> Uh, how much does it weigh? IF it's <160 grams if cut at 250mm, I'll
> take it.

It weighs in at just under 220gr and is 225mm long; 150mm to the minimum
insertion line.

--
Doug Goodwin

Google