PDA

View Full Version : Knog Frog lights availability

February 15th 05, 02:11 AM
Are these vaporware or real?

There is a new article on cyclingnews discussing it and it was
announced as early as last year.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-11-19-outdoor-gift-guide_x.htm

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
February 15th 05, 10:48 PM
stevenwoo wrote:

> Are these vaporware or real?
>
> There is a new article on cyclingnews discussing it and it was
> announced as early as last year.
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-11-19-outdoor-gift-guide_x.htm

They're real and currently available in Australia, but not in the US as
far as I can tell.

Remove No Spam to Reply
February 17th 05, 02:33 AM
After your posting, I did a little research.

They are available, but as yet no US distributor has picked them up.

The minimums from the manufacturer seem to be at fault.

Whereas I think they are "fun" they don't seem to be true bicycle equipment.

Offerings from Walmart and others are very similar, but geared toward
children.

Having been in the business for over 20 years, I don't see a US distributor
carrying them.

Look for them in Walmart. Again, I think the lights are cool, just not
marketable in the quantitites required for a single shop to buy.

Allan
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Are these vaporware or real?
>
> There is a new article on cyclingnews discussing it and it was
> announced as early as last year.
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-11-19-outdoor-gift-guide_x.htm

Remove No Spam to Reply
February 17th 05, 06:03 PM
Persons Majestic. A US distributor is now carrying the lights.

They have a US website (does it matter) (URL www.knogusa.com) where you can
order the lights individually.

You are probably familiar with Persons bike workstand. See it on their
website www.permaco.com

Allan
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Are these vaporware or real?
>
> There is a new article on cyclingnews discussing it and it was
> announced as early as last year.
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-11-19-outdoor-gift-guide_x.htm

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home