PDA

View Full Version : im after a little advice about my bike riding....

oely
August 25th 04, 01:36 AM
Thank you for the tips, ive made a few adjustments and am feeling a bi
more comfortable in my riding. Im gonna get fitted properly though, a
i really want to start doing some longer rides soon and i dont want t
be too vague about my riding position. Theres something about the spli
stem on the OCR i just dont like. I cant really put it into words it
just the ´feel´ of it. What would be an ideal stem? Without spendin
loads of money here. Just something that is better basically withou
costing a fortune. Its getting alot cooler here now and the wind reall
has a bite to it. This country maybe flat but the constant strong win
can more than make up for it. Ive felt more comfortable going up som
Col´s than in the cold windy parts of this place. So looks like im u
for some new winter clothing as well

--
oely

Michael Warner
August 25th 04, 03:51 PM
oely > wrote in message >...

> Theres something about the split
> stem on the OCR i just dont like. I cant really put it into words its
> just the ´feel´ of it.

I have the same one on my OCR3, and I'd have replaced it with
a standard stem, but it's been relegated to utility use. It
feels fine to me (no wobble or flex), but it's heavy and needs
frequent greasing to stay quiet.

> What would be an ideal stem?

My LBS offered me a lighter replacement (same length) for $20.
Just make sure its angle is such that you can easily get the
handlebar height you want - figure that out with the adjustable
stem first.

Shane Stanley
August 25th 04, 11:03 PM
In article >,
(Michael Warner) wrote:

> oely > wrote in message
>
> > Theres something about the split
> > stem on the OCR i just dont like. I cant really put it into words its
> > just the ´feel´ of it.
>
> I have the same one on my OCR3, and I'd have replaced it with
> a standard stem, but it's been relegated to utility use. It
> feels fine to me (no wobble or flex)

I saw a picture in Ride maybe 18 months ago. It was one of the Once
riders in a time trial at one of the tours, and he was using one of
those stems.

--
Shane Stanley

Michael Warner
August 26th 04, 02:31 PM
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:03:15 GMT, Shane Stanley wrote:

> I saw a picture in Ride maybe 18 months ago. It was one of the Once
> riders in a time trial at one of the tours, and he was using one of
> those stems.

Obviously to psych out the opposition.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo