PDA

View Full Version : "pass the 'beaters"

flyingdutch
August 25th 04, 11:31 AM
Got me sum luverly eggbeater pedals today.
Spent a couple of minutes farting about trying to engage as ther
apparently had to be a bit of foreplay to earn their respect :D :D
:D , but once i got in and and out a few times they were/are
cracker!

Quite easy to get in and way easy to get out of. Very solid to pedal o
(much to my surprise durig the test ride) and stomping gave a ver
reassuring feeling. You can flip the cleat to give you more/less floa
and i decided to have it on the more liberal setting to start with.
Even tho they have quite a bit of movement laterally you still fee
more 'solidly anchored'. hard to explain, but there you have it. As it
on the fixed (must come up with a name for it) there is a psychologica
(if nothing else) feeling of greater clearance too. Cleats are easie
(no noise/scratching) to walk on too. you can walk on spds pretty eas
but running is a bit iffy.
Anyway. love em. the fixie is about as minimal as its gonna get (
shall keep the 'chicken sticker on. those brakes are ther to stay, m
thinks

--
flyingdutch

essendon93
August 25th 04, 12:13 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Got me sum luverly eggbeater pedals today
> Spent a couple of minutes farting about trying to engage as ther
> apparently had to be a bit of foreplay to earn their respect :D :D :D
> but once i got in and and out a few times they were/are a cracker
>
> Quite easy to get in and way easy to get out of. Very solid to pedal o
> (much to my surprise durig the test ride) and stomping gave a ver
> reassuring feeling. You can flip the cleat to give you more/less floa
> and i decided to have it on the more liberal setting to start with
> Even tho they have quite a bit of movement laterally you still fee
> more 'solidly anchored'. hard to explain, but there you have it. As it
> on the fixed (must come up with a name for it) there is a psychologica
> (if nothing else) feeling of greater clearance too. Cleats are easie
> (no noise/scratching) to walk on too. you can walk on spds pretty eas
> but running is a bit iffy
> Anyway. love em. the fixie is about as minimal as its gonna get (
> shall keep the 'chicken sticker on. those brakes are ther to stay, m
> thinks)
What do eggbeaters actually look like?Do you have a picture or site t
go to. Sorry for my ignorance. I'm looking at getting SPD-SL pedal

--
essendon93

DRS
August 25th 04, 12:18 PM
"essendon93" > wrote
in message

[...]

> What do eggbeaters actually look like?Do you have a picture or site to
> go to. Sorry for my ignorance. I'm looking at getting SPD-SL pedals

Sheesh. Google is your friend.

http://www.crankbrothers.com/products/pedals_s_eggbeater.php

--

A: Top-posters.

Steve
August 25th 04, 03:49 PM
http://images.google.com/
& just type in the make/model etc.

Steve @ IDEAL

essendon93
August 26th 04, 12:08 AM
Steve Wrote:
> http://images.google.com/
> & just type in the make/model etc.
>
> Steve @ IDEAL
Thanks guys, first time I've seen them

--
essendon93

byron27
August 26th 04, 02:15 AM
essendon93 Wrote:
> Thanks guys, first time I've seen them
Mate, i love your name..
what a year for the donners!!!
Over the old enemy, the bluebloods from princess park no less
could be all over this weekend with doggies baying for bloo
though.....

dutch, nice move, i always thought eggbeater would look well schmick o
my fixie and you have given me justification to buy some new pedal
(might give the lady friend some time to allow the C-40 purchase t
sink in though....). Where did you get them from?, how much?

--
byron2

Poiter
August 26th 04, 03:24 AM
byron27 Wrote:
> Where did you get them from?, how much??

Phantom.com.au have them for $129

Pete

--
Poiter

essendon93
August 26th 04, 09:30 AM

--
essendon93

byron27
August 26th 04, 09:36 AM

--
byron2

byron27
August 26th 04, 09:40 AM
I have just been told that it is on at 3pm, delayed

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

--
byron27

essendon93
August 26th 04, 09:58 AM
byron27 Wrote:
> I have just been told that it is on at 3pm, delayed
>
> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Good stuff! Wellman hasn't been confirmed yet, but Lloydy today said
players would retir

--
essendon93

Google