PDA

View Full Version : OnOne + Rohloff...

hippy
September 2nd 04, 07:09 AM
Get Dutchy some tissues!!! :-P
http://www.cheekymonkey.com.au/transport%20home.htm
(scroll to bottom for another internal-geared-hub-thing OnOne)

Who's keen on the pink Surly?

hippy

suzyj
September 2nd 04, 07:16 AM
I'm confused. First ya go singlespeed, to do away with all those yuck
gears and stuff, then ya add gears, and horrid inefficient hub gears
at that!

Love the pink. Hey, I've got a frame to paint. Anyone got any coo
hello kitty graphics?

Regards,

Suz

--
suzyj

hippy
September 2nd 04, 07:26 AM
"suzyj"

> I'm confused. First ya go singlespeed, to do away with all those yucky
> gears and stuff, then ya add gears, and horrid inefficient hub gears,
> at that!

Not for me.. Dutchy seems to like hub gears. Must be
something to do with all his baseball knee recos? :-P

> Love the pink. Hey, I've got a frame to paint. Anyone got any cool
> hello kitty graphics?

Do you want decals or artwork to copy?

http://images.google.com/images?q=hello%20kitty&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

hippy

Parbs
September 2nd 04, 07:42 AM
"hippy" wrote in message ...
> Get Dutchy some tissues!!! :-P
> http://www.cheekymonkey.com.au/transport%20home.htm
> (scroll to bottom for another internal-geared-hub-thing OnOne)
>
> Who's keen on the pink Surly?
>
> hippy

I'm not confident in enough in my ability (masculinity?) to be able to ride a pink Surly - I'll stick to black.

Parbs

flyingdutch
September 2nd 04, 11:40 AM
hippy Wrote:

> Not for me.. Dutchy seems to like hub gears. Must be
> something to do with all his baseball knee recos? :-P
> [color=blue]
> hippy

the hub gear thing was all part of my journey of enlightenment toward
the state of nirvana with 'one gear, one god' !

Might still go there one day but after spending 15 minutes in shed o
arrival home tuning the 'Blue', i looked over at my mtb and realise
commuting on that would be a compromise now. the pure enjoyment I
suckin outta 'Blue' makes me smile just thinkin of it. And afte
reading that BycOz Mag article on how innefficient hub gears are i
having doubting thawts. Maybe on that recumbant i get one day...
Damn i lerv that thar 48x18 :rolleyes:
and blue. have i mentioned how much i have discovered the colour Blue?
now can someone COME AND TEACH ME HOW TO SPIN BETTER?
I have reached a point where i cant improve it any more by mysel

--
flyingdutch

hippy
September 2nd 04, 01:50 PM
"flyingdutch"

> hippy Wrote:
> > Not for me.. Dutchy seems to like hub gears. Must be
> > something to do with all his baseball knee recos? :-P
>
> the hub gear thing was all part of my journey of enlightenment towards
> the state of nirvana with 'one gear, one god' !

Cool... that didn't take long at all ;-)

> having doubting thawts. Maybe on that recumbant i get one day...

Tom Nicholson posted this.. it's BLACK:
http://www.m5-ligfietsen.com/images/models/sp_2626_rechts.jpg?PHPSESSID=f433
4ac10c86ad26474b8139292108cb

> Damn i lerv that thar 48x18 :rolleyes:

Out of all my bikes, my fave is still that crusty GT SS mtb.

> and blue. have i mentioned how much i have discovered the colour Blue?

Blue and Orange (red for fast bikes, black for evil bikes).

> now can someone COME AND TEACH ME HOW TO SPIN BETTER?

Well.. I know these crossroads.. go there at midnight on the last
day of the month and wait for a man... ;-)

> I have reached a point where i cant improve it any more by myself

No, you have simply plateau'd (how the hell is that spelled?). You
hit a flat spot and will need to do something different before
moving on.
What bothers you about your spin? What are you 'measuring' your
performance on? Time on the bike will obviously help but it sounds
like you could try something different.. lower your gear, raise your
gear, try 1-foot pedaling, ride a geared bike for a while and see
how smooth you can spin on that - less 'pressure' with a freewheel
will let you relax a bit. Forget about spinning for a while and think
about some other aspect of the ride.

hippy

DRS
September 2nd 04, 03:39 PM
"hippy" > wrote in message

> "flyingdutch"

[...]

>> and blue. have i mentioned how much i have discovered the colour
>> Blue?
>
> Blue and Orange (red for fast bikes, black for evil bikes).

Does that mean my silver bike is holy?

--

A: Top-posters.

flyingdutch
September 2nd 04, 09:49 PM
hippy Wrote:
> What bothers you about your spin? What are you 'measuring' your
> performance on? Time on the bike will obviously help but it sounds
> like you could try something different.. lower your gear, raise your
> gear, try 1-foot pedaling, ride a geared bike for a while and see
> how smooth you can spin on that - less 'pressure' with a freewheel
> will let you relax a bit. Forget about spinning for a while and think
> about some other aspect of the ride.
>
> hippy

Im smoother than when i started but when going down hill and the speed
picks up i reach a point where i cant go faster without getting
'jerky'.
Is there anything different about riding fixed that i could be missing
(other than all the bits off 63x.com re 1-legged, quadrants, etc) like
position that may be different?
I have tried to get as close to my roady position as possible but maybe
on a fixed it should be different? Or should foot angle be a certain
variable?

--
flyingdutch

hippy
September 2nd 04, 11:30 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Im smoother than when i started but when going down hill and the spee
> picks up i reach a point where i cant go faster without gettin
> 'jerky'.
> Is there anything different about riding fixed that i could be missin
> (other than all the bits off 63x.com re 1-legged, quadrants, etc) lik
> position that may be different?
> I have tried to get as close to my roady position as possible but mayb
> on a fixed it should be different? Or should foot angle be a certai
> variable?

Try lowering your seat a smidge.. gives you a bit more room to move. I

sounds like you are thinking about it too much. Just use your brakes t
slow
yourself down to a manageable cadence. You haven't been riding it lon
so
don't expect to be able to spin like Gary Neiwand so soon!

hipp

--
hippy

hippy
September 2nd 04, 11:33 PM
>DRS
>>"hippy" wrote in message
>> Blue and Orange (red for fast bikes, black for evil bikes).
>
>Does that mean my silver bike is holy?[/color]

I hope not.. it could fall apart when you least expect it! :P

hippy

--
hippy

ritcho
September 3rd 04, 12:21 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> the hub gear thing was all part of my journey of enlightenment toward
> the state of nirvana with 'one gear, one god' !
>
> Might still go there one day but after spending 15 minutes in shed o
> arrival home tuning the 'Blue', i looked over at my mtb and realise
> commuting on that would be a compromise now. the pure enjoyment I
> suckin outta 'Blue' makes me smile just thinkin of it. And afte
> reading that BycOz Mag article on how innefficient hub gears are i
> having doubting thawts. Maybe on that recumbant i get one day...
> Damn i lerv that thar 48x18 :rolleyes:
> and blue. have i mentioned how much i have discovered the colour Blue?
> now can someone COME AND TEACH ME HOW TO SPIN BETTER?
> I have reached a point where i cant improve it any more by myself

Spin better? The only thing I can think of is to ride more and i
should improve. Alternatively, leave the tired old 48/18 and elope wit
a younger, fitter 48/16!

Ritc

--
ritcho

Huw
September 3rd 04, 01:32 AM
> And after
> reading that BycOz Mag article on how innefficient hub gears are im
> having doubting thawts. Maybe on that recumbant i get one day...
> Damn i lerv that thar 48x18 :rolleyes:

That article left me with the impression that modern hub gears were slightly less efficient than derailleur, but not a lot.

suzyj
September 3rd 04, 02:03 AM
Flyingdutch wrote:

> Damn i lerv that thar 48x18 :rolleyes:

<big grin> Yer clearly hooked.

> now can someone COME AND TEACH ME HOW TO SPIN BETTER?
> I have reached a point where i cant improve it any more by myself

The secret is the 165mm crank. I've heard they're good for about
another 20rpm...

Regards,

Suzy (who uses proper manly 170's)

--
suzyj

flyingdutch
September 3rd 04, 02:13 AM
suzyj Wrote:
> Flyingdutch wrote:
>
> > Damn i lerv that thar 48x18 :rolleyes:
>
> <big grin> Yer clearly hooked.
>
> > now can someone COME AND TEACH ME HOW TO SPIN BETTER?
> > I have reached a point where i cant improve it any more by myself
>
> The secret is the 165mm crank. I've heard they're good for about
> another 20rpm...
>
> Regards,
>
> Suzy (who uses proper manly 170's)

got 165mm cranks already, SuzyJ.

--
flyingdutch

suzyj
September 3rd 04, 02:15 AM
flyingdutch wrote:

> got 165mm cranks already, SuzyJ.

Well then there's clearly no hope for ya :)

Regards,

Suzy (envisioning Dutchy nicking some poor brat's kiddie bike for th
cranks...

--
suzyj

flyingdutch
September 6th 04, 01:07 AM
>>>Try lowering your seat a smidge.. gives you a bit more room to move.

You rock! worked a treat :D

>>>It sounds like you are thinking about it too much.

Moi? I've been accused of some dirty things in my time, but thinking
aint high on the list ;)

>>>Just use your brakes to slow yourself down to a manageable cadence.

Boooorrriiinggggg!!!

>>You haven't been riding it long so don't expect to be able to spin
like Gary
>>Neiwand so soon!

hEHE. NOT PEDALLING ON BR11 felt kinda wierd!

--
flyingdutch

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home