PDA

View Full Version : Campag flat bar shifters

ProfTournesol
September 7th 04, 06:22 AM
Shane Stanley Wrote:
> Flyingdutch > wrote:
>
> > oh, er... I see! when you say 'plastic' you mean Cfibre
>
> suzyj calls a spade a spade.
>
> --
> Shane Stanley

ahhhh.......now for the Campag spade:-

--
ProfTournesol

flyingdutch
September 7th 04, 07:17 AM
ProfTournesol Wrote:
> ahhhh.......now for the Campag spade:-)

without extraneous cabling, plastic bits inside and will di
forrreeeevvvaaaarrr

--
flyingdutch

hippy
September 7th 04, 07:42 AM
"flyingdutch"

> ProfTournesol Wrote:
> > ahhhh.......now for the Campag spade:-)
>
> without extraneous cabling, plastic bits inside and will dig
> forrreeeevvvaaaarrr!

Unfortunately can't be taken off-road :-P

hippy

Shane Stanley
September 7th 04, 07:45 AM
In article >,
"hippy" > wrote:

> "flyingdutch"
> >
> > ProfTournesol Wrote:
> > > ahhhh.......now for the Campag spade:-)
> >
> > without extraneous cabling, plastic bits inside and will dig
> > forrreeeevvvaaaarrr!
>
> Unfortunately can't be taken off-road :-P

But they'll look so chic parked outside the coffee stop...

--
Shane Stanley

flyingdutch
September 7th 04, 07:58 AM
Shane Stanley Wrote:
> In article >,
> "hippy" > wrote:

> > > without extraneous cabling, plastic bits inside and will dig
> > > forrreeeevvvaaaarrr!
> >
> > Unfortunately can't be taken off-road :-P
>

> But they'll look so chic parked outside the coffee stop...
>
> --
> Shane Stanley

Hah! that's the one defining thing between people who buy shimaNO an
Campag. The latter arent cafe cruisers. many of the former are..

--
flyingdutch

hippy
September 7th 04, 08:12 AM
"flyingdutch"

> Shane Stanley Wrote:
> > But they'll look so chic parked outside the coffee stop...
>
> Hah! that's the one defining thing between people who buy shimaNO and
> Campag. The latter arent cafe cruisers. many of the former are...

I think you've got that backwards..

hippy
SunTour forever!!

Shane Stanley
September 7th 04, 08:56 AM
In article >,
flyingdutch > wrote:

> Hah! that's the one defining thing between people who buy shimaNO and
> Campag. The latter arent cafe cruisers.

Of course -- I keep forgetting about those multi-hundred-dollar
corkscrews for opening the chardonnay...

;-)

--
Shane Stanley

flyingdutch
September 7th 04, 11:12 AM
hippy Wrote:

> I think you've got that backwards..

surely you jest?!?!?

and isnt chardonnay good carbo-loading? ;)

F-'why-are-they-tweaking-the-flavour-of-VB?'-

--
flyingdutch

hippy
September 7th 04, 01:57 PM
"flyingdutch"
> and isnt chardonnay good carbo-loading? ;)

I dunno.. it'd only be used for cleaning drains at my place.. :P

I thought Campag was for the eurosnobs with $5k+ bikes
to pose with and ****mano was for the battlers who actually
pedal?
That's why Campag stopped making mtb gear... their
marketing department couldn't stand to see the pretty finish
of their groupos smeared with dirt!!
(damn.. that was a good one! I should keep this anti-campag
lark up.. ;-) )

> F-'why-are-they-tweaking-the-flavour-of-VB?'-D

Flavour? I only know 2 for VB:
1. Stubbie - resembles beer, passable if 'free'
2. Can - I'd rather lick the "chain snot" from my jockey wheels*

hippy
*disclaimer: example may not actually be carried out ;-)

flyingdutch
September 7th 04, 03:39 PM
>>>... and ****mano was for the battlers who actually pedal?

They pedal cos they dont have beautiful freewheelin 'musc' built-in
rolleyes:

>>> That's why Campag stopped making mtb gear... their
marketing department couldn't stand to see the pretty finish
of their groupos smeared with dirt!!

Only the italians could make a decision like this!
PS does anyone know the 'real' reason?

>>>(damn.. that was a good one! I should keep this
>>> anti-campag lark up.. ;-)

Hey, youre the guy with record hubs leanin up against the wall! : ;)

>>>I'd rather lick the "chain snot" from my jockey wheels*

Oh my lord!!! Didnt someone tell you? Campag running gear doesnt get
dirty. honest. PS the VB ref was due to an article I read a few days
ago stating the boffins at Fosters Brewing are reacting to falling
market share and are going to fiddle with the taste (model it on
guinneuss, i say!!!).
Just reminded me of the 80's Coca-Cola fiasco, is all...
(who's first major Ad campaign was the introduction of Corona into Oz
by...
Fosters!)

--
flyingdutch

hippy
September 8th 04, 03:33 PM
"flyingdutch"
>>>hippy said
> marketing department couldn't stand to see the pretty finish
> of their groupos smeared with dirt!!
>
> Only the italians could make a decision like this!
> PS does anyone know the 'real' reason?

"In 1991, Campagnolo still offered a full line of MTB components
(later dropped in the face of competition and better parts from Shimano)"
from: http://www.campyonly.com/catalogs/1991.html

See that? campyonly.com says "better parts from Shimano"..
Tee Hee :-P

> Hey, youre the guy with record hubs leanin up against the wall! : ;)

Yeah but I never inhaled! I mean, I never used them... ;-)

> Oh my lord!!! Didnt someone tell you? Campag running gear doesnt get
> dirty. honest. PS the VB ref was due to an article I read a few days
> ago stating the boffins at Fosters Brewing are reacting to falling
> market share and are going to fiddle with the taste (model it on
> guinneuss, i say!!!).
> Just reminded me of the 80's Coca-Cola fiasco, is all...
> (who's first major Ad campaign was the introduction of Corona into Oz
> by... Fosters!)

Oh.. I think I missed something in there.. never mind.

hippy

flyingdutch
September 8th 04, 09:30 PM
hippy Wrote:

> "In 1991, Campagnolo still offered a full line of MTB components
> (later dropped in the face of competition and better parts fro
> Shimano)"
> from: http://www.campyonly.com/catalogs/1991.html
>
> See that? campyonly.com says "better parts from Shimano"..
> Tee Hee :-P
>
> hippy

no argument there! but then again that 'dirty' riding isnt for th
'cognisetti'
(hey - that's a candidate for the bikeaholic-word-thing

--
flyingdutch

flyingdutch
September 8th 04, 09:45 PM
hippy Wrote:

> "In 1991, Campagnolo still offered a full line of MTB components
> (later dropped in the face of competition and better parts fro
> Shimano)"
> from: http://www.campyonly.com/catalogs/1991.html
>
> See that? campyonly.com says "better parts from Shimano"..
> Tee Hee :-P
>
> hippy

no argument there! but then again that 'dirty' riding isnt for th
'cognisetti'
(hey - that's a candidate for the bikeaholic-word-thing

--
flyingdutch

Fire Capt 33805
September 9th 04, 06:30 AM
flyingdutch > wrote in message >...
> hippy Wrote:
> >
> > "In 1991, Campagnolo still offered a full line of MTB components
> > (later dropped in the face of competition and better parts from
> > Shimano)"
> > from: http://www.campyonly.com/catalogs/1991.html
> >
> > See that? campyonly.com says "better parts from Shimano"..
> > Tee Hee :-P
> >
> > hippy
>
> no argument there! but then again that 'dirty' riding isnt for the
> 'cognisetti'
> (hey - that's a candidate for the bikeaholic-word-thing)

Fire Capt 33805

very good

mfhor
September 9th 04, 11:52 AM
Fire Capt 33805 Wrote:
> flyingdutch > wrote i
> message >..
> > hippy Wrote
> >
> > > "In 1991, Campagnolo still offered a full line of MTB component
> > > (later dropped in the face of competition and better parts fro
> > > Shimano)
> > > from: http://www.campyonly.com/catalogs/1991.htm
> >
> > > See that? campyonly.com says "better parts from Shimano".
> > > Tee Hee :-
> >
> > > hipp
>
> > no argument there! but then again that 'dirty' riding isnt for th
> > 'cognisetti
> > (hey - that's a candidate for the bikeaholic-word-thing
>
> Fire Capt 3380
>
> very good
Have you ever SEEN or attempted to RIDE the old Campag MTB stuff? I
looks like it was designed by a monkey who had the Reader's Diges
Condensed version of the specification sitting in front of him while h
attempted to throw ink at the drawingboard. Heavy, ugly, clunky, and no
at all effective. Yuk. Give me 8 spd XT or XTR any day - what
beautiful groupset. Pity it's all sloppy, worn out and pitted now.

M "Form follows function"

--
mfhor

Aussuffer