PDA

View Full Version : recommendations on bicycle computers

Alan Erskine
September 12th 04, 04:15 AM
Hi,

I am after some recommendations on bicycle computers as I need to replace my
current one. It hasn't been the same since I was cleaned up by a car last
year and has now finally given up the ghost.

I am after one with cadence - ideally on that always shows your speed along
with a secondary piece of information (be it cadence, time, distance etc).
My currnet (now dead) Sigma one did just this.

Any advice or recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks,

flyingdutch
September 12th 04, 05:16 AM
Alan Erskine Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am after some recommendations on bicycle computers as I need t
> replace m
> current one. It hasn't been the same since I was cleaned up by a ca
> las
> year and has now finally given up the ghost
>

> I am after one with cadence - ideally on that always shows your spee
> alon
> with a secondary piece of information (be it cadence, time, distanc
> etc)
> My currnet (now dead) Sigma one did just this
>
> Any advice or recommendations will be appreciated
>
> Thanks,
so, are you the real 'Alan Erskine', or an impersonator? :)

cant be too careful, you know... ;

--
flyingdutc

Alan Erskine
September 12th 04, 06:11 AM
"flyingdutch" > wrote in
message ...

> Alan Erskine Wrote:

> so, are you the real 'Alan Erskine', or an impersonator? :)
>
> cant be too careful, you know... ;)

Impersonator - I only post via bigpond; check the headers.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

hippy
September 12th 04, 06:52 AM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote
> "flyingdutch" > wrote in
> > Alan Erskine Wrote:
>
> > so, are you the real 'Alan Erskine', or an impersonator? :)
> >
> > cant be too careful, you know... ;)
>
> Impersonator - I only post via bigpond; check the headers.
> --
> Alan Erskine
> We can get people to the Moon in five years,
> not the fifteen GWB proposes.
> Give NASA a real challenge

and your signature which el trollo failed to copy..

Bored trolldude: I would just find the current replacement
model for your Sigma. Should be around $70 for the
cadence model.

hth
hippy ;-)

paul
September 12th 04, 10:18 AM
2 weeks ago I got a Bc1600 for 29$(inc cadance) and inc postage from
bikepro.com

Paul

"hippy" > wrote in message
> "Alan Erskine" > wrote
> > "flyingdutch" > wrote
in
> > > Alan Erskine Wrote:
> >
> > > so, are you the real 'Alan Erskine', or an impersonator? :)
> > >
> > > cant be too careful, you know... ;)
> >
> > Impersonator - I only post via bigpond; check the headers.
> > --
> > Alan Erskine
> > We can get people to the Moon in five years,
> > not the fifteen GWB proposes.
> > Give NASA a real challenge
> >

> and your signature which el trollo failed to copy..
>
> Bored trolldude: I would just find the current replacement
> model for your Sigma. Should be around $70 for the
> cadence model.
>
> hth
> hippy ;-)

DRS
September 12th 04, 11:02 AM
"hippy" > wrote in message

[...]

> Bored trolldude: I would just find the current replacement
> model for your Sigma. Should be around $70 for the
> cadence model.

MBC Prahran have them on special for $49.

http://www.bikes.com.au/html/s13_shopping/view_product.asp?cid=180&id=944&selTXT=

--

A: Top-posters.

johnt
September 12th 04, 03:39 PM
Hi there,
Do you know if this model displays in Km/h instead of in Miles (as shown in
the diagram).
Thanks,
John
"DRS" > wrote in message
> "hippy" > wrote in message
>

> [...]
>
>> Bored trolldude: I would just find the current replacement
>> model for your Sigma. Should be around $70 for the
>> cadence model.
>
> MBC Prahran have them on special for $49.
>
> http://www.bikes.com.au/html/s13_shopping/view_product.asp?cid=180&id=944&selTXT=
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

AlisaHomes94583
September 12th 04, 03:44 PM
>Should be around $70 for the

AlisaHomes94583