PDA

View Full Version : Article on Velocity in todays Hun

cfsmtb
September 13th 04, 03:18 AM
Duo ride trade cycle
http://tinyurl.com/44vb2
FOR a bloke who makes bike parts, it's surprising that Grant Smit
rides home 28km on a hybrid road-mountain cycle he reckons lacks
professional's fancy accessories.

"Those guys that have all the good gear, I reckon they're cheating,
the businessman joked.

BTW, read in The Age yesterday about the bike heist in South Melbourn
of Konas, was the LBS Bike Now

--
cfsmtb

flyingdutch
September 13th 04, 03:52 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Duo ride trade cycle
> http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10749375%255E462,00.htm
>
> FOR a bloke who makes bike parts, it's surprising that Grant Smit
> rides home 28km on a hybrid road-mountain cycle he reckons lacks
> professional's fancy accessories.
>
> "Those guys that have all the good gear, I reckon they're cheating,
> the businessman joked.
>

> BTW, read in The Age yesterday about the bike heist in South Melbourn
> of Konas, was the LBS Bike Now?
cnr of park n kings way. address is right for
bno

--
flyingdutc

aeek
September 13th 04, 07:10 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Duo ride trade cycle
> http://tinyurl.com/44vb2
> FOR a bloke who makes bike parts, it's surprising that Grant Smit
> rides home 28km on a hybrid road-mountain cycle he reckons lacks
> professional's fancy accessories.
>
> "Those guys that have all the good gear, I reckon they're cheating,
> the businessman joked.

Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Gian
"that looks a bit like a Bike-E

--
aeek

aeek
September 13th 04, 11:09 AM
aeek Wrote:
> Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Gian
> "that looks a bit like a Bike-E"

now I can view Giant's site I think Peter Brock was riding a Reviv
2004.
Think he was dinking Anna Mears, but I'm lowsy with faces, even wit
the group photo just above.

the photo is not in the online story.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10747007%255E11088,00.htm

--
aeek

Tom Nicholson
September 13th 04, 02:52 PM
aeek > wrote in message

(snip)

> Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Giant
> "that looks a bit like a Bike-E"

Aeek, please don't insult the humble BikeE by lumping it in with that
thingy from Giant...

Poor much derrided BikeE was (and still is) a classic - the father of
the production recumbent of the 90's. Its certainly the reason why a
whole lot of the US got to riding recumbents, and also the reason for
a few others in the Rest Of the World..

BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??

Tom

aeek
September 13th 04, 03:29 PM
Tom Nicholson Wrote:

> BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??

how would you pronounce Ae? The long form
Aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee....
works quite well when I die constantly in a MPFPS.

--
aeek

Tom Nicholson
September 14th 04, 09:46 AM
aeek > wrote in message >...
> Tom Nicholson Wrote:
> >
> > BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??
> >

> how would you pronounce Ae? The long form
> Aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee....
> works quite well when I die constantly in a MPFPS.

Yup thats just about what I thought...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home