PDA

View Full Version : Re: For all those Alpine Classic riders

flyingdutch
January 14th 05, 09:04 AM
essendon93 Wrote:
> Thats sensational dutchy. As a first timer this is handy. One thin
> I'm debating is if 2 bottles will be enough? or should I bring my 1.5
> camelbak as well.
>
> Hoping to go under 10 hrs, but after my effort in the Dandys last Sat
> I think survival is the better option :rolleyes: ....Gees I hope it
> not hot!

I took 2 the first time i did it but found the second time (last yea
9:18hrs) i got by fine on one. There is heaps of places/springs/creek
between Bright and Falls. The one on the east side of Tawonga is no
quite big enough to jump in (believe me. i tried :D ). The biggest ga
is from Porepunkah up to the spring up Buffalo, altho they often put
tanker on a flatbed truck about 3/4 of the way up.
If youre going to be around 10 hours (persona experience speaking here
:rolleyes: ) the temptation to stop after 130km when you get back t
Bright is strong as you'll be riding in the middle of the day at tha
stage and if its hot, its hard yards. Buffalo is very open like th
return up Tawonga (ie not shady like Falls). Hope you enjoy it!
report will be mandatory..

--
flyingdutch

Google