PDA

View Full Version : Nite Hawk Emitter

Gurrie
January 19th 05, 11:02 AM
Anyone have any first hand experience with this light?

http://www.nite-hawk.com/bikeemitter.html

Know of any Australian Retailers stocking it? I have contacted the company
and there is no Australian Distributor, so anyone stocking them would be
doing it directly I guess. I'd like to see them first before purchasing.

Thanks,

Craig

TimC
January 19th 05, 11:25 AM
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 at 11:02 GMT, Gurrie (aka Bruce)
> Anyone have any first hand experience with this light?
>
> http://www.nite-hawk.com/bikeemitter.html
>
> Know of any Australian Retailers stocking it? I have contacted the company
> and there is no Australian Distributor, so anyone stocking them would be
> doing it directly I guess. I'd like to see them first before purchasing.

10W halogen equivalence, from AA batteries (presumably 4, from the
writeup), that last for 5 hours?

That's 5*2.2=10 Watt hours availble from the battery, so the light
must be a 2 watter. That's not too bad. Presumably more efficient than
a luxeon?

A Chemist who falls in acid is absorbed in work.

Marty Wallace
January 19th 05, 12:17 PM
"TimC" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 at 11:02 GMT, Gurrie (aka Bruce)
> > Anyone have any first hand experience with this light?
> >
> > http://www.nite-hawk.com/bikeemitter.html
> >
> > Know of any Australian Retailers stocking it? I have contacted the
company
> > and there is no Australian Distributor, so anyone stocking them would be
> > doing it directly I guess. I'd like to see them first before
purchasing.

> 10W halogen equivalence, from AA batteries (presumably 4, from the
> writeup), that last for 5 hours?
>
> That's 5*2.2=10 Watt hours availble from the battery, so the light
> must be a 2 watter. That's not too bad. Presumably more efficient than
> a luxeon?
>
> --
> TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
> A Chemist who falls in acid is absorbed in work.

It IS a luxeon, just in a fancy case. It'd be better if they just told us
which one it was instead of givving all sorts of vague hour numbers and
comparisons. I've got half a dozen of those Total Internal Reflection lenses
in a box in my cupboard.

Marty

Andrew Price
January 23rd 05, 04:27 AM
Gurrie asked -

> Anyone have any first hand experience with this light?
>
> http://www.nite-hawk.com/bikeemitter.html

I have one and like it - not as bright as a halogen with a big battery but a
LOT less hassle.

Batteries are generic and last a long time. Can swing under or over the
bars. Easy to clip off when not needed.

When I need the light most of the time the street lights are on so its
infill light and a really good attention getter - cars will notice you.

Ordered it over the net from nitehawk and they were very efficient and
helpful.

best, Andrew

Gurrie
January 29th 05, 06:16 AM
Andrew,

Any chance you coould post some beam pics, perhaps even compared to a
halogen.

Much appreciated.

Craig

"Andrew Price" > wrote in message

> Gurrie asked -
>
>> Anyone have any first hand experience with this light?
>>
>> http://www.nite-hawk.com/bikeemitter.html
>>
> I have one and like it - not as bright as a halogen with a big battery but
> LOT less hassle.
>
> Batteries are generic and last a long time. Can swing under or over the
> bars. Easy to clip off when not needed.
>
> When I need the light most of the time the street lights are on so its
> infill light and a really good attention getter - cars will notice you.
>
> Ordered it over the net from nitehawk and they were very efficient and
> helpful.
>
> best, Andrew

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home