PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane we have your weather, please take it back

DaveB
January 27th 05, 08:20 AM
I don't think I've ever sweat so much as I did on the commute this
morning. Then stood under a cold shower for 10 mins, but by the time I
got changed and got to my desk was soaked again. The trip home was even
worse and now we've got thunderstorms coming in. SLART riders please
detour to Melbourne and take your stinkin tropical weather back home.

DaveB "gasp"

cfsmtb
January 27th 05, 09:35 AM
Yeah - fun isn't it?
http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.shtml

Anyone from down Geelong way want to recall last nights deluge

--
cfsmtb

TimC
January 27th 05, 10:24 AM
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 at 09:35 GMT, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> Yeah - fun isn't it?
> http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.shtml
>
> Anyone from down Geelong way want to recall last nights deluge?

The purple stuff missed here. Still sorting out 6 months worth of
bookmarks here, so won't be going home anytime soon (well, I guess I
did get in at 3:00 this afternoon...).

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can.
Thats almost $7.00 in dog money. -Joe Weinstein in ARK

Tamyka Bell
January 28th 05, 12:41 AM
DaveB wrote:

> I don't think I've ever sweat so much as I did on the commute this
> morning. Then stood under a cold shower for 10 mins, but by the time I
> got changed and got to my desk was soaked again. The trip home was even
> worse and now we've got thunderstorms coming in. SLART riders please
> detour to Melbourne and take your stinkin tropical weather back home.
>
> DaveB "gasp"

That would explain the miserable rain we've been having lately....

LotteBum
January 28th 05, 01:06 AM
Tamyka sai

>That would explain the miserable rain we've been having lately...

Yeah, it's been sh!te

--
LotteBum

Blah
January 28th 05, 08:08 PM
"Tamyka Bell" > wrote in message
> DaveB wrote:
>>
>> I don't think I've ever sweat so much as I did on the commute this
>> morning. Then stood under a cold shower for 10 mins, but by the time I
>> got changed and got to my desk was soaked again. The trip home was even
>> worse and now we've got thunderstorms coming in. SLART riders please
>> detour to Melbourne and take your stinkin tropical weather back home.
>>
>> DaveB "gasp"
>
> That would explain the miserable rain we've been having lately....

No - it's summer. Queensland... beautiful one day, under 12 feet of water
the next.

TimC
January 29th 05, 03:55 AM
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 at 20:08 GMT, Blah (aka Bruce)

> "Tamyka Bell" > wrote in message
>> That would explain the miserable rain we've been having lately....
>
> No - it's summer. Queensland... beautiful one day, under 12 feet of water
> the next.

And I used to live there for 3 years - don't try to lie to me about
"beautiful one day, perfect the next"; I know a lot better know!

Why anyone would put a telescope in that state, I would not
know. (Heck, the scope at Bundaberg has an layer of cane sugar ash on
the mirror, and reflectivity is down to 50%.)

A mouse is a device used to focus xterms.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home