PDA

View Full Version : Clarendon St win... i think???

flyingdutch
June 8th 05, 05:34 AM
Today's paper...

http://theage.com.au/articles/2005/06/07/1118123842189.html

dunno if the retention of the hookturns will impede cyclists or no
tho?

Let us know 'Yooin', Craigster, et al

F"Dr Hook"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

EuanB
June 8th 05, 05:51 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Today's paper..
>
> http://theage.com.au/articles/2005/06/07/1118123842189.htm
>
> dunno if the retention of the hookturns will impede cyclists or no
> tho
>
> Let us know 'Yooin', Craigster, et a
>
> F"Dr Hook"Dutch
I don't think it'll have much impact on cyclists, those that know to g
to the right of right turning cars. I can't see hook turns being kep
for long though, about the only place I can think of where a straigh
ahead lane magically turns in to a hook turn lane

The main win is the junction of Park Street and Clarendon Street. Th
tram superstops made that all but impassible for roadies, especially i
the wet

It'll be nice to start the day with a meander through Albert Park agai
:-
--
Cheer
Eua

--
EuanB

PiledHigher
June 8th 05, 06:37 AM
EuanB Wrote:
> I don't think it'll have much impact on cyclists, those that know to g
> to the right of right turning cars. I can't see hook turns being kep
> for long though, about the only place I can think of where a straigh
> ahead lane magically turns in to a hook turn lane.
>
> The main win is the junction of Park Street and Clarendon Street. Th
> tram superstops made that all but impassible for roadies, especially i
> the wet.
>
> It'll be nice to start the day with a meander through Albert Park agai
> :-)
> --
> Cheers
> Euan

Whatever they do Moray St is still a much better run to the city. Jus
take the lane through the roundabouts

--
PiledHigher

Euan
June 8th 05, 09:22 AM

PiledHigher> EuanB Wrote:
>> I don't think it'll have much impact on cyclists, those that know
>> to go to the right of right turning cars. I can't see hook turns
>> being kept for long though, about the only place I can think of
>> where a straight ahead lane magically turns in to a hook turn
>> lane.
>>
>> The main win is the junction of Park Street and Clarendon Street.
>> The tram superstops made that all but impassible for roadies,
>> especially in the wet.
>>
>> It'll be nice to start the day with a meander through Albert Park
>> again :-) -- Cheers Euan

PiledHigher> Whatever they do Moray St is still a much better run to
PiledHigher> the city. Just take the lane through the roundabouts.

My destination's the World Trade centre which makes Clarendon Street a
better route for me.
--
Cheers
Euan

MikeyOz
June 8th 05, 10:06 AM
Euan Wrote:
> > writes
>
> PiledHigher> EuanB Wrote
> >> I don't think it'll have much impact on cyclists, those that kno
> >> to go to the right of right turning cars. I can't see hook turn
> >> being kept for long though, about the only place I can think o
> >> where a straight ahead lane magically turns in to a hook tur
> >> lane
> >
> >> The main win is the junction of Park Street and Clarendon Street
> >> The tram superstops made that all but impassible for roadies
> >> especially in the wet
> >
> >> It'll be nice to start the day with a meander through Albert Par
> >> again :-) -- Cheers Eua
>
> PiledHigher> Whatever they do Moray St is still a much better run t
> PiledHigher> the city. Just take the lane through the roundabouts
>
> My destination's the World Trade centre which makes Clarendon Street
> better route for me
> -
> Cheer
> Euan
recently got an email from Bicycle Victoria confirming that the tra
stops were going to be removed, fantastic and hopefully Clarendon S
will revert back to its vibrant safe self.... looking forward to it,
think the hook turns will be fine, but I think they will go as wel
eventually

--
MikeyO

Google