PDA

View Full Version : tail light mounting for aero seat post

ritcho
June 15th 05, 03:58 AM
My tail light mounts on to the standard round post, but I've jus
received my aero seat post... anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking
might have to butcher another soft drink lid...

Ritc

--
ritcho

flyingdutch
June 15th 05, 04:08 AM
ritcho Wrote:
> My tail light mounts on to the standard round post, but I've jus
> received my aero seat post... anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking
> might have to butcher another soft drink lid...
>
> Ritch

youre commuting on the new beastie? (Where are the pictures BTW?????)

personally i use a light attached to jersey pocket, to backpack an
best of all to rear of helmet. bigger ones with clip for lower 2 an
one of then knog (little LEDs) on rear of helmet 9along with 3 on fron
blinkin away madly to help catch aatention before i dazzle em with th
cateye 5/10Watters, but i digress)

Higher is better. specially in traffic and at front AND you can poin
em AT people pulling out of sidestreets, making righthanders, etc)

I'll post some pix shortly. seems a shame to put lights on a aer
beauty
(did i mention your lack of pix???

--
flyingdutch

GPLama
June 15th 05, 04:08 AM
"ritcho" wrote in message ...

> My tail light mounts on to the standard round post, but I've just
> received my aero seat post... anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking I
> might have to butcher another soft drink lid...

Go the frog.. I use a similar type of Knog light (hard/black) for my
roadie.. picked them up for $8 each in the discount bin at my LBS..

http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/category268_1.htm

cheers,
GPL

alex
June 15th 05, 04:39 AM
flyingdutch wrote:

> I'll post some pix shortly. seems a shame to put lights on a aero
> beauty

better than getting hit by some dopey git

ritcho
June 15th 05, 05:05 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> youre commuting on the new beastie? (Where are the pictures BTW?????)
>
> personally i use a light attached to jersey pocket, to backpack an
> best of all to rear of helmet. bigger ones with clip for lower 2 an
> one of then knog (little LEDs) on rear of helmet 9along with 3 on fron
> blinkin away madly to help catch aatention before i dazzle em with th
> cateye 5/10Watters, but i digress)
>
> Higher is better. specially in traffic and at front AND you can poin
> em AT people pulling out of sidestreets, making righthanders, etc)
>
> I'll post some pix shortly. seems a shame to put lights on a aer
> beauty
> (did i mention your lack of pix???)

I only have one rear flashing LED, so it has to point the right way
if I stick in on a jersey pocket, it will point up too much. I have
nice white flashing LED on the front...

Here's a link from an earlier post... it was hiding...
http://tinyurl.com/6c9s8

Ritc

--
ritcho

flyingdutch
June 15th 05, 05:21 AM
ritcho Wrote:
> I only have one rear flashing LED, so it has to point the right way - i
> I stick in on a jersey pocket, it will point up too much. I have a nic
> white flashing LED on the front...
>
> Here's a link from an earlier post... it was hiding...
> http://tinyurl.com/6c9s8
>
> Ritch

noice. pity 'bout the TV antennae at the front :p

are these pix old? as they dont include an aero seatpost

F"I am the ANTI-aero"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

DeF
June 15th 05, 05:45 AM
flyingdutch wrote:

> ritcho Wrote:
>
>>I only have one rear flashing LED, so it has to point the right way - if
>>I stick in on a jersey pocket, it will point up too much. I have a nice
>>white flashing LED on the front...
>>
>>Here's a link from an earlier post... it was hiding...
>>http://tinyurl.com/6c9s8
>>
>>Ritch
>

> noice. pity 'bout the TV antennae at the front :p
>
> are these pix old? as they dont include an aero seatpost
>
> F"I am the ANTI-aero"Dutch

TV Antennae? I thought it was the front of a rock lobster...

For lights, cat-eye make nice rear light TL-LD400 (around $40 should
get you one). It has the advantage of using a flexible strap with with
a screw tightener that should wrap around your seat post. There is the
nice feature that the light part clicks in and out leaving a very little
on the bike during the day. Can be mounted vertically or horizontally.
I prefer vertical as it is more visible from the side (and fits in
better with the aesthetic lines of my Orbea Onix running Chorus so no
crustacean feelers out the front...).

Cheers,
Duncan.

--
e-mail:
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.

ritcho
June 15th 05, 08:03 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> noice. pity 'bout the TV antennae at the front :p
>
> are these pix old? as they dont include an aero seatpost
>
> F"I am the ANTI-aero"Dutch

I haven't installed the new post 'cos I don't have the tail-light mount
yet! The pics are, in fact, old - it was still tri season. They're
sitting in the laundry unused at the moment. A neat thing with the
aero-post is that it has a forward seating position for TT as well as
the usual one. ATTA run a TT series north of Sydney on the first Sunday
of each month, so I might give it a proper go then...

In the meantime, I am actually using this machine for commuting. I'd
buy a crapper, but then I'd have to have two bikes...

Ritch

--
ritcho

TimC
June 15th 05, 08:45 AM
On 2005-06-15, ritcho (aka Bruce)
> In the meantime, I am actually using this machine for commuting. I'd
> buy a crapper, but then I'd have to have two bikes...

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Rode the crapper today, because washing mud off bikes is a pain.

--
TimC
"Nature is pretty" -- CmdrTaco

ritcho
June 15th 05, 12:13 PM
TimC Wrote:
> On 2005-06-15, ritcho (aka Bruce)
> > In the meantime, I am actually using this machine for commuting. I'd
> > buy a crapper, but then I'd have to have two bikes...
>
> I don't see anything wrong with that.
>
> Rode the crapper today, because washing mud off bikes is a pain.
>
> --
> TimC
> "Nature is pretty" -- CmdrTaco

Nor do I... I guess I ride a nice bike to work for the same reaso
people drive Jaguars to work when they could own a Daihatsu.

Ritch

PS. It doesn't rain in Sydney (There, I've said it - it can start an
time now

--
ritcho

TimC
June 15th 05, 12:42 PM
On 2005-06-15, ritcho (aka Bruce)
> PS. It doesn't rain in Sydney (There, I've said it - it can start any
> time now)

Tricksy. Reverse pyschology on the weather.

ObNothingInParticular: Hey puss, why does your paw keep batting me on
the chin? Am I paying too much attention to these imaginary internet
friends?

--
TimC
cpu time/usefulness ratio too high -- core dumped.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home