PDA

View Full Version : Go Mick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kanangara
June 16th 05, 10:02 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
:D

Parb

--
kanangara

flyingdutch
June 16th 05, 10:07 PM
kanangara Wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
> :D
>
> Parbs

aint it funny how some climbers are crap at TT'ing (Pantani et al) an
others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)

wots the go with that?

F"good on flats"Dutchma

--
flyingdutch

oely
June 16th 05, 10:59 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> aint it funny how some climbers are crap at TT'ing (Pantani et al) an
> others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)
>
> wots the go with that?
>
> F"good on flats"Dutchman

Wouldnt mention Rogers in the same sentence as Armstrong in regards t
climbing yet. I hope he has worked on his recovery for the Grand Tours
Needs to minimise his bad days more. Though im not too surprised wit
the result, i think this is the first year he has really specificall
worked on his climbing, plus i read that hes trying to up his cadanc
so he has something left when the shirt hits the fan at the busines
end of a race.

By the way, there are strong rumours (apparently it was said on Belgia
tv) that he has signed with T Mobile for next year. Dunno whether to b
too happy about that, he could join the non-German wasteland of G
riders at T Mobile

--
oely

rooman
June 16th 05, 11:38 PM
oely Wrote:
> Wouldnt mention Rogers in the same sentence as Armstrong in regards t
> climbing yet. I hope he has worked on his recovery for the Grand Tours
> Needs to minimise his bad days more. Though im not too surprised wit
> the result, i think this is the first year he has really specificall
> worked on his climbing, plus i read that hes trying to up his cadanc
> so he has something left when the shirt hits the fan at the busines
> end of a race.
>
> By the way, there are strong rumours (apparently it was said on Belgia
> tv) that he has signed with T Mobile for next year. Dunno whether to b
> too happy about that, he could join the non-German wasteland of G
> riders at T Mobile.
well T-Mobilischen have to look to the future and Jan and Erik ar
getting a little "alt" und sie fanischen mit den sheissen gehitten
gezundheit, ge waffelung, ach dumbkopf* , aber Cadel , ihnen was seh
softern in den Collarbonen für den Bosses- "nichtwah"....:rolleyes:
MR can write his own ticket, why settle for the Teutonic train, hea
bashing to get a ride with the Führer's menschen when he can embrac
the world.....oh if Oz just had some world wide corporate entity with
penchant for cycling fanatacism, there could ride an ozzie team alon
with the pick of the riders wwith International licences..... , WH
WOULD YOU PICK FROM TODAY'S CROP for a TourdeFrogland team? ( that b
a team to supply a rider who could win or top 3 on GC and Green Jerse
and KOM )

would it be -"tell 'm their dream'n"- or "ahhh the serenity

:

--
rooman

oely
June 17th 05, 01:10 AM
rooman Wrote:
> well T-Mobilischen have to look to the future and Jan and Erik ar
> getting a little "alt" und sie fanischen mit den sheissen gehitten
> gezundheit, ge waffelung, ach dumbkopf* , aber Cadel , ihnen was seh
> softern in den Collarbonen für den Bosses- "nichtwah"....:rolleyes:
> MR can write his own ticket, why settle for the Teutonic train, hea
> bashing to get a ride with the Führer's menschen when he can embrac
> the world.....oh if Oz just had some world wide corporate entity with
> penchant for cycling fanatacism, there could ride an ozzie team alon
> with the pick of the riders wwith International licences..... , WH
> WOULD YOU PICK FROM TODAY'S CROP for a TourdeFrogland team? ( that b
> a team to supply a rider who could win or top 3 on GC and Green Jerse
> and KOM )?
>
> would it be -"tell 'm their dream'n"- or "ahhh the serenity"
>
> :D

Gotta make sense of this post :), you mean a team that could take al
jerseys?

Rogers (GC), Evans (KOM), McGee, O´Grady, Cooke, White, McEwen (Green)
Crake (only other climber we got) Sutherland. Honourable mention t
Davis and Vogels but Sutherland´s TT is a tad stronger plus he ca
probably climb a bit better too.

Thats a team that could handle itself in the TTT and ITT (Evans if fi
is no slouch). Could also give enough mountain support for the GC gu
plus you have McGee, one of the best leader outs in the world, wh
could also stick around for the climbs. McEwen for Green with OGrad
and Cooke for the leadout and domestique business. Plus Sutherland
White and Crake for straight out domestique roles.

Speaking of which, Australia´s team for the World Champs will be one o
the strongest. Imagine a leadout of McGee, Vogels, OGrady and Cooke fo
McEwen. He should podium the race no questions asked.

Team "should" look something like (assuming theres 9 to a team) McGee
White, OGrady, Cooke, Davis, Wilson, McEwen, Vogels, Sutherland/Gates

--
oely

rooman
June 17th 05, 01:29 AM
oely Wrote:
> Gotta make sense of this post :), you mean a team that could take al
> jerseys?
>
> Rogers (GC), Evans (KOM), McGee, O´Grady, Cooke, White, McEwen (Green)
> Crake (only other climber we got) Sutherland. Honourable mention t
> Davis and Vogels but Sutherland´s TT is a tad stronger plus he ca
> probably climb a bit better too.
>
> Thats a team that could handle itself in the TTT and ITT (Evans if fi
> is no slouch). Could also give enough mountain support for the GC gu
> plus you have McGee, one of the best leader outs in the world, wh
> could also stick around for the climbs. McEwen for Green with OGrad
> and Cooke for the leadout and domestique business. Plus Sutherland
> White and Crake for straight out domestique roles.
>
> Speaking of which, Australia´s team for the World Champs will be one o
> the strongest. Imagine a leadout of McGee, Vogels, OGrady and Cooke fo
> McEwen. He should podium the race no questions asked.
>
> Team "should" look something like (assuming theres 9 to a team) McGee
> White, OGrady, Cooke, Davis, Wilson, McEwen, Vogels, Sutherland/Gates.
Yep TEAM SHOULD, and all the jerseys...

is Mick first reserve or orange slicer

--
rooman

Tamyka Bell
June 17th 05, 01:51 AM
flyingdutch wrote:

> kanangara Wrote:
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
> > :D
> >
> > Parbs
>
> aint it funny how some climbers are crap at TT'ing (Pantani et al) and
> others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)
>
> wots the go with that?
>
> F"good on flats"Dutchman
>
> --
> flyingdutch

After last night's ride home, I reckon I might be a decent TT'er. What
do you think, Absent Husband? :P

Tam (still a Hunter)

flyingdutch
June 17th 05, 02:00 AM
rooman Wrote:
> Yep TEAM SHOULD, and all the jerseys....
>
> is Mick first reserve or orange slicer?

heyzoos! 3 sprinters in the same team bus

"you guys ride for me today"

"No, you ride for ME"

"Whatabout me?"

"you guys NEVER go back for the water and food!"

"Right. 11T's at 12 paces fellla..." :rolleyes:

PS what about that ex-mtber who's been doin good in the US recently
good climbe

--
flyingdutch

kanangara
June 17th 05, 02:54 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:

> PS what about that ex-mtber who's been doin good in the US recently
> good climber

Are you thinking about Trent Lowe? Not an ex-mtber yet, just fillin
in time between NORBA rounds.

Parb

--
kanangara

flyingdutch
June 17th 05, 03:12 AM
kanangara Wrote:
> Are you thinking about Trent Lowe? Not an ex-mtber yet, just filling i
> time between NORBA rounds.
>
> Parbs

no, not the one Im thinkin of, but he'll do! 12somethin on 1/20 i
handy

--
flyingdutch

oely
June 17th 05, 11:22 AM
rooman Wrote:
> Yep TEAM SHOULD, and all the jerseys....
>
> is Mick first reserve or orange slicer?

Actually i half forgot about him. Take out Gates/Sutherland and put hi
in.

Trent Lowe would be a good chance in years time if he concentrated o
the road and raced in Europe. Wonder if he has plans for that. Though
maybe some teams would be interested in him after his Tour Of Georgia
Will Walker will be up there eventually also

--
oely

Carl Brewer
June 18th 05, 01:58 AM
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:51:27 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
wrote:

>After last night's ride home, I reckon I might be a decent TT'er. What
>do you think, Absent Husband? :P

you're a triathelete, an ITTer is all you are :)

Carl Brewer
June 18th 05, 02:11 AM
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:07:18 +1000, flyingdutch
> wrote:

>kanangara Wrote:
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
>> :D
>>
>> Parbs
>
>aint it funny how some climbers are crap at TT'ing (Pantani et al) and
>others are quite good (Rogers, Armstrong, etc)

Climbing is power:weight, flat ITTing is power:frontal area. *most*
good climbers are low weight, some are very high
power - Ullrich as an example of very high power and relatively
high weight, Mayo as an example of low weight. Armstrong
is somewhere in between. In a pure ITT effort (eg Sydney 2000)
Ullrich is probably faster than Armstrong, but during a grand tour
there's more at play than just a 1 hour effort.

Also, there's two types of climbing - pure ITT and explosive climbing,
sometimes an attacking climber (explosive) can break the resolve of
an ITT-style climber by surging away and then settling back into
a maintainable steady state - Pantani was good at this, maybe
drug-assisted though ... It's also a mental thing, remember last
year's TdF when Basso could go with Lance on the hills, but
got destroyed in the Alp de Huez ITT? That was considerably
influenced by Mayo's mental ability, I think.

Sometimes you can have both, but it's rare, and is usually
confined to GC winners in grand tours :)

Tamyka Bell
June 19th 05, 06:06 AM
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:51:27 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
> wrote:
>

>> After last night's ride home, I reckon I might be a decent TT'er. What
>> do you think, Absent Husband? :P
>
> you're a triathelete, an ITTer is all you are :)

1. a triathlon is not an ITT. for a start, the outfit is all wrong.
2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!

Tam

adam85
June 20th 05, 12:29 AM
kanangara Wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/suisse05/?id=results/suisse056
> :D
>
> Parbs

Well it's all over now, with Aitor Gonzalez winning. From the report i
sounds like Rogers had a very tough last day, with no teammates to hel
him. Still, he's looking good for the tour, McGee is going really wel
as well, even claiming the mountains jersey at one point! Cadel Evan
was strong as well but just a little off the pace.

Ada

--
adam85

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 12:53 AM
adam85 Wrote:
> Well it's all over now, with Aitor Gonzalez winning. From the report i
> sounds like Rogers had a very tough last day, with no teammates to hel
> him. Still, he's looking good for the tour, McGee is going really wel
> as well, even claiming the mountains jersey at one point! Cadel Evan
> was strong as well but just a little off the pace.
>
> Adam

i wonder if in that last hill/group the other ozzies (McGee, evans
'help' rogers any?
altho sound slik they were a bit off his pace anyhows...

said it last year but this year's TdF is shaping up to be a cracker (a
opposed to a procession, which the previous 12, not including th
Dane's, have been...

--
flyingdutch

Carl Brewer
June 20th 05, 02:12 AM
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:28 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
wrote:

>2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!

did you solo away off the front and win it? :)

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 02:17 AM
Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:28 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
> wrote:
>
> >2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!
>
> did you solo away off the front and win it? :)

er... I dreamed about it that night though... saving that for my second
race (thought it'd be a bit rude to do it at my first race... don't like
to rub it in people's faces...)

I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

Tam

Carl Brewer
June 20th 05, 05:16 AM
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:17:13 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
wrote:

>Carl Brewer wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:28 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >2. i did a crit yesterday, so there!
>>
>> did you solo away off the front and win it? :)
>
>er... I dreamed about it that night though... saving that for my second
>race (thought it'd be a bit rude to do it at my first race... don't like
>to rub it in people's faces...)
>
>I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
>up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
>forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

Excellent tactics, come race down here when Stu gets back. He'll
appreciate a good leadout :)

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 05:41 AM
Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:17:13 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
> wrote:
>
> >Carl Brewer wrote:

> >> did you solo away off the front and win it? :)
> >
> >er... I dreamed about it that night though... saving that for my second
> >race (thought it'd be a bit rude to do it at my first race... don't like
> >to rub it in people's faces...)
> >
> >I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
> >up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
> >forget about the sprint... not good tactics?
>
> Excellent tactics, come race down here when Stu gets back. He'll
> appreciate a good leadout :)

Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

Tam

Stuart Lamble
June 20th 05, 05:55 AM
On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell > wrote:
> Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)

Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam!

rooman
June 20th 05, 06:28 AM
Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell > wrote
> > Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;
>
> Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam
>
> -
> My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me
> an
> the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".
ummm well there's -Brighton-, and -Canterbury-, and um she can driv
through -New Italy- on the way down from the land of the peanut...u
and -Sandringham- and -Menton-(-e-), um and -Tottenham-, -Croydon-
-Chelsea-, -Mont Albert-, -Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, an
Beaumaris-....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Rivier
ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she uses
imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east o
Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgia
Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leff
Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side o
frités.....:)
*loud smack of lips

--
rooman

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 06:45 AM
rooman wrote:

> Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> > On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell > wrote:
> > > Nah, Melbourne ain't my style. I'd rather race in Europe ;)
> >
> > Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confuse Tam!
> >
> > --
> > My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me,
> > and
> > the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".
> ummm well there's -Brighton-, and -Canterbury-, and um she can drive
> through -New Italy- on the way down from the land of the peanut...um
> and -Sandringham- and -Menton-(-e-), um and -Tottenham-, -Croydon-,
> -Chelsea-, -Mont Albert-, -Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, and
> Beaumaris-....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Riviera
> ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she uses
> imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east of
> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
> frités.....:)
> *loud smack of lips*
>
> --
> rooman

Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but it
doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium...

Tam

rooman
June 20th 05, 08:19 AM
Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> rooman wrote
>
> > Stuart Lamble Wrote
> > > On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell > wrote
> >
> > > Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confus
> Tam
> >
> > > -
> > > My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you emai
> me
> > > an
> > > the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet"
> > ummm well there's -Brighton-, and -Canterbury-, and um she can driv
> > through -New Italy- on the way down from the land of the peanut...u
> > and -Sandringham- and -Menton-(-e-), um and -Tottenham-, -Croydon-
> > -Chelsea-, -Mont Albert-, -Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, an
> > Beaumaris-....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Rivier
> > ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she use
> > imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east o
> > Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is th
> *Belgia
> > Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leff
> > Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side o
> > frités.....:
> > *loud smack of lips
>
> > -
> > rooma
>
> Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but i
> doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium..
>
> Tam
mmmmmmm.....so has Purrrrrrth, & Ad(stone'dcrows)layd, but i
Brisvegas' a restaurant with a difference?

The Belgian Beer Cafe,Café Bluestone is on the ground floor of a 19t
century bluestone mansion that is home to the Institute for the Blind
and Sunday finds it beer gardens full of cyclists and it actually has
huuuuuuge bike rack.....plus monster oak trees ( hmm.... not too many o
dem Yourupeeein trees in Brizzy!), and if you want miss dem militerr
types the old Vic Barracks is just up the road, and JLO/DMO may kno
what they did with that special cami MTB requisitioned for Brisvegas!

....ach, we both agree Belgium's got distinct attractions
(for me it's De Konnick Bolleke, Vlaams, and frités).....* more li
smacking*
...Melbs just a bit closer!

--
rooman

TimC
June 20th 05, 10:31 AM
On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
> up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
> forget about the sprint... not good tactics?

A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports. I agreed
-- I want a chance to perve at the cute cyclists. The guys didn't do
it for me.

--
TimC
"On a clear disk, you can seek forever..."

TimC
June 20th 05, 10:34 AM
On 2005-06-20, rooman (aka Bruce)
> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
> frités.....:)

Say, should the next PUBBUG meet at the belgian? We said some time
back that we were due to meet there. And I haven't yet had the
mussels there.

--
TimC
E = MC ** 2 +- 3db

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 10:44 AM
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, TimC wrote:

> On 2005-06-20, rooman (aka Bruce)
>> Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is the *Belgian
>> Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
>> Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
>> frités.....:)
>
> Say, should the next PUBBUG meet at the belgian? We said some time
> back that we were due to meet there. And I haven't yet had the
> mussels there.
>
> --
> TimC
> E = MC ** 2 +- 3db

they do mussels at your bbc also? hmmmm, ours is on a street corner in the
city, a short stroll from the river...

Tam

PiledHigher
June 20th 05, 11:14 AM
Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> rooman wrote:
> >
> > Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> > >
> > > Quick! Somebody rename a Melbourne suburb to "Europe" to confus
> Tam!
> > >
> > > --
> > > My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you emai
> me,
> > > and
> > > the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".
> > ummm well there's -Brighton-, and -Canterbury-, and um she can drive
> > through -New Italy- on the way down from the land of the peanut...um
> > and -Sandringham- and -Menton-(-e-), um and -Tottenham-, -Croydon-,
> > -Chelsea-, -Mont Albert-, -Heidelberg, St Andrews , Cowes, and
> > Beaumaris-....kinda Europe(an-ish)......and Beach Road is a Riviera
> > ride if there ever was one in AusEurope, and maybe if she uses
> > imagination and believes the council signs St Kilda Road east of
> > Queensway is a "Paris Boulevarde", and well hey! there is th
> *Belgian
> > Beer café* , what more could a rider want? race or no race....Leffe
> > Blonde or a Leffe Brun, a kilo of harbour mussels and a side of
> > frités.....:)
> > *loud smack of lips*
> >
> > --
> > rooman
>
> Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but it
> doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium...
>
> Tam

We used to have a Hippy as well!

Not to mention the European Beer Cafe, The Hoffbrau House and the Th
Supper Club

--
PiledHigher

rooman
June 20th 05, 11:33 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> We used to have a Hippy as well
>
> Not to mention the European Beer Cafe, The Hoffbrau House and the Th
> Supper Club.
And Beerfest last month

My most recent lot of mussels was at the BBC in Purrrrrth, made th
visit actually worth it!, although I did get paid handsomely for th
gig at Subiaco Oval too, (but that's another story!

Maybe an up-date menu reccy at BBC is in order for lunch tommorrow
just to firmly set the salivators a-buzz, ( I'll take my Italia
masseur along after she finishes my shaven legs and says so saucil
"cinque" ( oh that is one naughty word...oops , I digress) an
hopefully if I keep to task, there will be ample discussion points the
to raise at the JunctionOval Pub-bug shareholders meeting on 26th...mmm
"the plan"........post meet, ride across to BBC may work, its jus
across St Kilda Road too (off the Parisian-esque Boulevarde).....what
day...donation to charity, footy match, good goatage ( IPA IPA IPA)
pies, pizza, musica viva, a ride under oaks to frités and mussels wit
a Leffe or Chimay accompaniment!

Great suggestion Tim !:

--
rooman

TimC
June 20th 05, 11:56 AM
On 2005-06-20, rooman (aka Bruce)
> to raise at the JunctionOval Pub-bug shareholders meeting on 26th...mmmm
> "the plan"........post meet, ride across to BBC may work, its just
> across St Kilda Road too (off the Parisian-esque Boulevarde).....what a
> day...donation to charity, footy match, good goatage ( IPA IPA IPA),
> pies, pizza, musica viva, a ride under oaks to frités and mussels with
> a Leffe or Chimay accompaniment!!

Gah! It'll have to wait til the 17th jul or after for me! Waaah!
(this sun, I want to do a lysterfield ride, (unless it's raining.
Please let it be raining :), sun after I will be in siderney, sun
after that is a touring weekend. Damn MBTC ride calendars.

--
TimC
The Klein-Gordon equation was derived by Schroedinger.

TimC
June 20th 05, 12:01 PM
On 2005-06-20, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
>> Pfft, we have a Belgian Beer cafe right here in BrisVegas... but it
>> doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be in Belgium...
>>
>> Tam
>
> We used to have a Hippy as well!
>
> Not to mention the European Beer Cafe, The Hoffbrau House and the The
> Supper Club.

Up until about a month ago, our *entire* centre used to think that it
was called the "soccer club". Hmmm, I haven't been the gin palace or
the great britain for a while. I wish all the fun people were still
working here.

--
TimC
Disclaimer: Due to feline interference, this post may contain typographical

oely
June 20th 05, 01:16 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> i wonder if in that last hill/group the other ozzies (McGee, evans
> 'help' rogers any?
> altho sound slik they were a bit off his pace anyhows...
>
> said it last year but this year's TdF is shaping up to be a cracker (a
> opposed to a procession, which the previous 12, not including th
> Dane's, have been...)

Only Horner was really helping Rogers, and i think that was simply co
he had his own goals. Still, Gonzalez did extremely well to stay clea
on the downhill. They barely made any inroads into his lead on tha
descent. Maybe Rogers was watching Ullrich too closely was hi
downfall. Rogers was impressive throughout though, keeping a cool head
like when final climb he was dropped and was really impressive gettin
back onto the Horner group.

Rogers didnt get much help at all but other teams did not have man
helpers either. You can see why he is wanting to leave Quickste
though. Lefavere (spelling?) is a bit of a tosser at times, saying the
cant afford to paying want Rogers wants, no mention of the fact tha
there is barely any climbing or GC support at Quickstep

--
oely

oely
June 20th 05, 01:21 PM
TimC Wrote:
> On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if
> get
> > up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind..
> and
> > forget about the sprint... not good tactics?
>
> A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
> a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
> women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports. I agreed
> -- I want a chance to perve at the cute cyclists. The guys didn't do
> it for me.
>
> --
> TimC
> "On a clear disk, you can seek forever..."

There was a female Tour de France just after the mens finished. I thin
it was about 2 weeks long but hasn´t been run for a few years now.
think.

I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biologica
factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really hav
no idea

--
oely

aeek
June 20th 05, 01:42 PM
oely Wrote:
> There was a female Tour de France just after the mens finished. I thin
> it was about 2 weeks long but hasn´t been run for a few years now.
> think.

La Grande Boucle Féminine Internationale - it would appear to be o
this year

http://velonews.com/news/fea/7577.0.html

http://velofeminin.online.f

--
aeek

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 10:05 PM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> We used to have a Hippy as well!
>
> Not to mention the European Beer Cafe, The Hoffbrau House and the Th
> Supper Club.

and 'The European

--
flyingdutch

Tamyka Bell
June 21st 05, 12:32 AM
oely wrote:

> TimC Wrote:
> > On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> > > I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I
> > get
> > > up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind...
> > and
> > > forget about the sprint... not good tactics?
> >
> > A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
> > a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
> > women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports. I agreed
> > -- I want a chance to perve at the cute cyclists. The guys didn't do
> > it for me.
> >
> > --
> > TimC
> > "On a clear disk, you can seek forever..."
>
> There was a female Tour de France just after the mens finished. I think
> it was about 2 weeks long but hasn´t been run for a few years now. I
> think.
>
> I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biological
> factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really have
> no idea.
>
> --
> oely

Women in Australia are disadvantaged in cycling because not enough women
cycle. I'm going to turn that around. I'm going to be the biggest
distraction on the crit circuit!

Tam

Stuart Lamble
June 21st 05, 12:36 AM
On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell > wrote:
> oely wrote:
>> I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biological
>> factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really have
>> no idea.
>
> Women in Australia are disadvantaged in cycling because not enough women
> cycle. I'm going to turn that around. I'm going to be the biggest
> distraction on the crit circuit!

So that means that you'll be cycling in the nuddie? Should help you race
to a win over the males (unless there are gay men in the bunch ... hmm.)

Tamyka Bell
June 21st 05, 12:37 AM
Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell > wrote:
> > oely wrote:
> >> I thought women were disadvantaged in cycling coz of just biological
> >> factors. Like biomechanical differences, body fat etc... I really have
> >> no idea.
> >
> > Women in Australia are disadvantaged in cycling because not enough women
> > cycle. I'm going to turn that around. I'm going to be the biggest
> > distraction on the crit circuit!
>
> So that means that you'll be cycling in the nuddie? Should help you race
> to a win over the males (unless there are gay men in the bunch ... hmm.)

No, dude, there's few enough of us that I think lycra should do the
trick... so long as I'm already in front. Might have to get a sexier
bike as well...

Tam

Carl Brewer
June 21st 05, 01:57 AM
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:50 +1000, TimC
> wrote:

>On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
>> up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
>> forget about the sprint... not good tactics?
>
>A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
>a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
>women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports.

I'd be questioning that claim with some interest :)

Tamyka Bell
June 21st 05, 02:19 AM
Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:50 +1000, TimC
> > wrote:
>
> >On 2005-06-20, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> >> I was planning on working on the fact that it's mostly men, so if I get
> >> up the front early, they might be happy just sitting in behind... and
> >> forget about the sprint... not good tactics?
> >
> >A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
> >a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
> >women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports.
>
> I'd be questioning that claim with some interest :)

I'm pretty sure I can think of some endurance activities that women seem
to excel at... I suppose you could call them sports...

Tam

(Well, I wasn't going to say that, but no one else did, and I got egged
on... and people expect me to be dodgy by now anyway...)

Carl Brewer
June 21st 05, 02:32 AM
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:19:17 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
wrote:

>I'm pretty sure I can think of some endurance activities that women seem
>to excel at... I suppose you could call them sports...
>
>Tam
>
>(Well, I wasn't going to say that, but no one else did, and I got egged
>on... and people expect me to be dodgy by now anyway...)

That was it?!

Tamyka Bell
June 21st 05, 02:35 AM
Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:19:17 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
> wrote:
>
> >I'm pretty sure I can think of some endurance activities that women seem
> >to excel at... I suppose you could call them sports...
> >
> >Tam
> >
> >(Well, I wasn't going to say that, but no one else did, and I got egged
> >on... and people expect me to be dodgy by now anyway...)
>
> That was it?!

Shuddup! What did you think I was going to do? Give details?

Tam *hehehe read my blog then hahahahaaaaahhhhhh...*

TimC
June 21st 05, 03:09 AM
On 2005-06-21, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> Carl Brewer wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:50 +1000, TimC
>> > wrote:
>> >A friend and I were watching Höllentour, and she said there should be
>> >a female version of the Tour de France -- it is apparently known that
>> >women have more stamina when it comes to endurance sports.
>>
>> I'd be questioning that claim with some interest :)
>
> I'm pretty sure I can think of some endurance activities that women seem
> to excel at... I suppose you could call them sports...

And some men too! We're just not given the proper chance!

> (Well, I wasn't going to say that, but no one else did, and I got egged
> on... and people expect me to be dodgy by now anyway...)

Nor was I :)

--
TimC
Information wants to be beer, or something like that. --unknown

Tamyka Bell
June 21st 05, 03:15 AM
TimC wrote:

> On 2005-06-21, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > Carl Brewer wrote:
> >>
> >> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:50 +1000, TimC
> >>
> >> I'd be questioning that claim with some interest :)
> >
> > I'm pretty sure I can think of some endurance activities that women seem
> > to excel at... I suppose you could call them sports...
>
> And some men too! We're just not given the proper chance!

*raises eyebrows* How so?

> > (Well, I wasn't going to say that, but no one else did, and I got egged
> > on... and people expect me to be dodgy by now anyway...)
>
> Nor was I :)
>
> --
> TimC
> Information wants to be beer, or something like that. --unknown

****, I could really do with a beer right now. Stupid f'ing work after
lunch not allowed to rules...

Tam

TimC
June 21st 05, 03:33 AM
On 2005-06-21, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
>> --
>> TimC
>> Information wants to be beer, or something like that. --unknown
>
> ****, I could really do with a beer right now. Stupid f'ing work after
> lunch not allowed to rules...

Heh. Well it turns out I was just invited to parma and pot.

I always liked wine for lunch, but it does mean that I sleep the rest
of the arvo. And I still have another 10000 word project to mark. Ah
well, she gets $RANDOM*30.

--
TimC
"Indicators: