PDA

View Full Version : The precious! Shpeegel knows...

flyingdutch
June 19th 05, 10:20 AM
New bike Alert!

Its here, at last! :D:D:D:D:D:D

My new baby. wife is redundant (altho she seems to be giving u
resistance to sharing bed with my new love. haarruummpphh!).

"here's something similar" (till i get the digi wound up) withou
glosspaintjob

http://tinyurl.com/eyhgk

Bianchi XL monocoque frame (silver details, not that spewy bianch
celeste)
Frame has been given a gloss coat (which came to the fore as
washed/licked bike clean after today's wet ride) built up with m
existing/surviving Campy chorus and proton wheels and (currently) m
eggbeater pedals
(might even stick with these till/if i get back to racing again as the
rock!apparently you can get roadshoe-cleats for em too).

Had the balance of the bike made of BBB bits (budget concerns altho i
aint half bad...) inc stem, post and bars.
The bars are REALLY nice. aesthetically look quite cool with flat/aer
tops which are VERY comfy, and the bars slope down as they go out whic
gives em a kinda angry-ram (homage to EddieC™) look. the flat tops ar
wickedly comfy for cruising. I was starting to fret i had got sucke
into (OK i DID!) a gimmick but Im well pleased now i did
(http://www.bbbparts.com/products/bike_parts/handlebars.html
>>fibrewing. not the lightest but stiff-as-a-very-stiff-thing. m
previous bars used to worry me in sprint
due-to-my-awesome-power-ha-ha-hmm)

Its LIGHT!!!
but somehow feels remarkably 'grounded' like my 853 frame.
(now i understand why quite a few LBS's mentioned "oh, if you wer
riding steel, you wont want to get an Alu frame. go to carbon").

Its STIFF.
seems to climb and react well, from the little i could push it thi
morning.

ITS DAMN COMFY!!!
seemed to be going out of my way this am to go over bumps and the ke
boulevard certainly supplys em! I see what all the hype about CF's rid
is about now. Feels ALOT like the 853 but stiffer under power at th
rear end
(853 bike had CF forks anyhow)

Its STEALTH!
Black. shiny. subtle bits. curves. i can see a new wardrobe is in orde
:rolleyes:

lookin forward to many future miles as i hopefully figure out just ho
this thing really stacks up. I had rather anally measured up everythin
on the crunched bike and was amazed how 'just-like-home' 'the precious
felt once aboard.

Now, just need a new saddle (using ol' tourer bike at the mo. look
rather daggy on 'the precious') and some new legs and some new lung
and some oxygen and, and, and.........

F"whoooohhooaaaaah, whooooaaaaah. We're back-in-black. Yes WE'RE BAC
IN BLACK!"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

ritcho
June 19th 05, 12:19 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> New bike Alert!
>
> Its here, at last! :D:D:D:D:D:D
>
> [snip]
>

> F"whoooohhooaaaaah, whooooaaaaah. We're back-in-black. Yes WE'RE BAC
> IN BLACK!"Dutch

V, v nice looking machine. The one problem that I foresee is similar t
one that I now face: I now have no excuse when overtaken up a hill
Grumble, grumble, heap of sh*t bike etc etc.

Despite its blackness, I'm sure it will turn heads!

Ritc

--
ritcho

flyingdutch
June 19th 05, 12:45 PM
ritcho Wrote:

> The one problem that I foresee is similar to one that I now face:
> now have no excuse when overtaken up a hill! Grumble, grumble, heap o
> sh*t bike etc etc.
> Ritch

"er, Im in Base training zone"

F"We want all your Base"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

kingsley
June 19th 05, 09:21 PM
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:20:53 +1000, flyingdutch wrote:

> Its here, at last! :D:D:D:D:D:D
>
> My new baby. wife is redundant (altho she seems to be giving up resistance
> to sharing bed with my new love. haarruummpphh!).
>
> "here's something similar" (till i get the digi wound up) without
> glosspaintjob
>
> http://tinyurl.com/eyhgk

Where's the racks and panniers ?!

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )

flyingdutch
June 19th 05, 10:52 PM
kingsley Wrote:

> Where's the racks and panniers ?!
>
> -kt
>
> --
> Kingsley Turner,
> (mailto: )
> http://MadDogsBreakfast.com/ABFAQ - news:aus.bicycle Frequenly Aske
> Questions

No, they now go back on the 'other' Bianchi,
with appropriate braze-ons and triple grouppo and comfy/womfy angles
Somehow i now discover myself to be an italiophile!
it was never meant to end up like this!

come se bella

F"would a vespa be wrong?"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

LotteBum
June 19th 05, 11:10 PM
You're a bitch, FD

--
LotteBum

Jay Woo
June 20th 05, 12:14 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> Its here, at last! :D:D:D:D:D:D
>
> My new baby.
> F"whoooohhooaaaaah, whooooaaaaah. We're back-in-black. Yes WE'RE BACK
> IN BLACK!"Dutch

Noice Be-arch!

adam85
June 20th 05, 12:31 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> New bike Alert!
>
> Its here, at last! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sounds sweet Dutchy. I'm keen to see what it looks like with the glos
finish when you get a chance to take some piccies

--
adam85

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 12:48 AM
adam85 Wrote:
> Sounds sweet Dutchy. I'm keen to see what it looks like with the glos
> finish when you get a chance to take some piccies.

err... shiny-black? kinda... dark. and shin

--
flyingdutch

Carl Brewer
June 20th 05, 01:56 AM
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:20:53 +1000, flyingdutch
> wrote:

>New bike Alert!

mmm, NBF sated (temporary!)

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 02:10 AM
LotteBum wrote:

> You're a bitch, FD.
>
> --
> LotteBum

Yeah, I gotta back LotteBum up on that one. You're a bitch. Hey
LotteBum, you should've come along on Saturday, it was awesome!

Tam

LotteBum
June 20th 05, 02:17 AM
Tamyka wrote

>Yeah, I gotta back LotteBum up on that one. You're a bitch. He
>LotteBum, you should've come along on Saturday, it was awesome

B-b-but there was no CAT 53

--
LotteBum

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 02:38 AM
LotteBum wrote:

> Tamyka wrote:
>
> >Yeah, I gotta back LotteBum up on that one. You're a bitch. Hey
> >LotteBum, you should've come along on Saturday, it was awesome!
>
> B-b-but there was no CAT 53.
>
> --
> LotteBum

You could've sat on Abby's wheel hahahahaha! ;)
Ooh, that's mean. Sorry.

Tam :P

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 02:59 AM
Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> LotteBum wrote:
> >
> > You're a bitch, FD.
> >
> > --
> > LotteBum
>
> Yeah, I gotta back LotteBum up on that one. You're a bitch. Hey
> LotteBum, you should've come along on Saturday, it was awesome!
>
> Tam

hey, you get all that free-student time AND you get to run around i
jungles shooting things! I was gonna mention youre weather advantage
too, but after reading you need newspaper-protection i retract tha
thought.

F"a.b.Bitch-elect"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

LotteBum
June 20th 05, 03:10 AM
>You could've sat on Abby's wheel hahahahaha! ;
>Ooh, that's mean. Sorry

Actually, Abby and I are about the same speed, so that might be a goo
idea. That way, we can at least take turns to wheelsuck one anothe
back to the bunch.

Lott

P.S. FD, you're still a bitch

--
LotteBum

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 03:18 AM
LotteBum Wrote:

> P.S. FD, you're still a bitch.

OK, OK. T-shirt getting printed..

--
flyingdutch

SteveA
June 20th 05, 03:41 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> New bike Alert
>
> Its here, at last! :D:D:D:D:D:
>
> My new baby. wife is redundant (altho she seems to be giving u
> resistance to sharing bed with my new love. haarruummpphh!)
>
> "here's something similar" (till i get the digi wound up) withou
> glosspaintjo
>
> http://tinyurl.com/eyhg
>
> Bianchi XL monocoque frame (silver details, not that spewy bianch
> celeste
> Frame has been given a gloss coat (which came to the fore as
> washed/licked bike clean after today's wet ride) built up with m
> existing/surviving Campy chorus and proton wheels and (currently) m
> eggbeater pedal
> (might even stick with these till/if i get back to racing again as the
> rock!apparently you can get roadshoe-cleats for em too)
>
> Had the balance of the bike made of BBB bits (budget concerns altho i
> aint half bad...) inc stem, post and bars
> The bars are REALLY nice. aesthetically look quite cool with flat/aer
> tops which are VERY comfy, and the bars slope down as they go out whic
> gives em a kinda angry-ram (homage to EddieC™) look. the flat tops ar
> wickedly comfy for cruising. I was starting to fret i had got sucke
> into (OK i DID!) a gimmick but Im well pleased now i di
> (http://www.bbbparts.com/products/bike_parts/handlebars.htm
> >>fibrewing. not the lightest but stiff-as-a-very-stiff-thing. m
> previous bars used to worry me in sprint
> due-to-my-awesome-power-ha-ha-hmm
>
> Its LIGHT!!!
> but somehow feels remarkably 'grounded' like my 853 frame
> (now i understand why quite a few LBS's mentioned "oh, if you wer
> riding steel, you wont want to get an Alu frame. go to carbon")
>
> Its STIFF.
> seems to climb and react well, from the little i could push it thi
> morning
>
> ITS DAMN COMFY!!
> seemed to be going out of my way this am to go over bumps and the ke
> boulevard certainly supplys em! I see what all the hype about CF's rid
> is about now. Feels ALOT like the 853 but stiffer under power at th
> rear en
> (853 bike had CF forks anyhow
>
> Its STEALTH!
> Black. shiny. subtle bits. curves. i can see a new wardrobe is in orde
> :rolleyes:
>
> lookin forward to many future miles as i hopefully figure out just ho
> this thing really stacks up. I had rather anally measured up everythin
> on the crunched bike and was amazed how 'just-like-home' 'the precious
> felt once aboard
>
> Now, just need a new saddle (using ol' tourer bike at the mo. look
> rather daggy on 'the precious') and some new legs and some new lung
> and some oxygen and, and, and........
>
> F"whoooohhooaaaaah, whooooaaaaah. We're back-in-black. Yes WE'RE BAC
> IN BLACK!"Dutch

So, FD - is it so black that even the other coloured bits are black

(apologies to Eric Olthwaite

Steve

--
SteveA

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 03:57 AM
SteveA Wrote:
> So, FD - is it so black that even the other coloured bits are black?
>
> (apologies to Eric Olthwaite)
>
> SteveA

Ayyyye!

They seek hi here, they seek him there.
that damn-ed Darkened Dutch-enel"

F"ecky-thooomp. apologies to Bill Oddie"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

LotteBum
June 20th 05, 05:01 AM
FD wrote

OK, OK. T-shirt getting printed..

Now that's what I call impact

Lotte (not sure if I should ask for a ride

--
LotteBum

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 06:16 AM
LotteBum Wrote:
> FD wrote:
>
> OK, OK. T-shirt getting printed...
>
> Now that's what I call impact.
>
> Lotte (not sure if I should ask for a ride)

"oooh, we're just simple village folk with simple village ways"

F"All aboard. choo-eewwww"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

LotteBum
June 20th 05, 06:19 AM
FD wrote

>"oooh, we're just simple village folk with simple village ways

We are indeed. Do you scream when you win races

--
LotteBum

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 06:50 AM
LotteBum Wrote:
> FD wrote:
>
> >"oooh, we're just simple village folk with simple village ways"
>
> We are indeed. Do you scream when you win races?

Well, I've only won one and been far too shagged/oxygen-depraved t
scream. pant like a big shaggy dog maybe, but scream... no!

usually tried to remember to breathe so as not to black out doin 60kph
and then subsequently slumping on bars. Maybe i SHOULD scream?
then again..

--
flyingdutch

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 07:16 AM
flyingdutch wrote:

> LotteBum Wrote:
> > FD wrote:
> >
> > >"oooh, we're just simple village folk with simple village ways"
> >
> > We are indeed. Do you scream when you win races?
>
> Well, I've only won one and been far too shagged/oxygen-depraved to
> scream. pant like a big shaggy dog maybe, but scream... no!
>
> usually tried to remember to breathe so as not to black out doin 60kph,
> and then subsequently slumping on bars. Maybe i SHOULD scream?
> then again...
>
> --
> flyingdutch

You just wanted us to think about your new bars again.

Now that's inspiration.

Tam

DaveB
June 20th 05, 09:18 AM
Looking around at the bikes on BR I realsied if we had you and Jazmo
there we'd have an even split of Giant, Bianchi and Avanti but not a
Trek to be found. Why is that?

DaveB

Carl Brewer
June 20th 05, 09:49 AM
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:18:12 +1000, DaveB
> wrote:

>Looking around at the bikes on BR I realsied if we had you and Jazmo
>there we'd have an even split of Giant, Bianchi and Avanti but not a
>Trek to be found. Why is that?

Because I haven't been on one yet? :)

PiledHigher
June 20th 05, 09:58 AM
Carl Brewer Wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:18:12 +1000, DaveB
> > wrote:
>
> >Looking around at the bikes on BR I realsied if we had you and Jazmo
> >there we'd have an even split of Giant, Bianchi and Avanti but not a
> >Trek to be found. Why is that?
>
> Because I haven't been on one yet? :)

Because there are hills? 1340 M of climbing for me

--
PiledHigher

Gags
June 20th 05, 11:41 AM
"flyingdutch" > wrote in
message ...

> New bike Alert!
>
> Its here, at last! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Very nice Dutch.........I hope that it has good BB clearance for that second
last corner at Glenvale!! I was considering going the Carbon Fibre path at
one stage but was advised by a couple of bike shop guys (including Lee at
CW) that I might want to consider 853 instead given my size (I weighed in at
101kg this morning for first day back in the gym in about 6 weeks or so).
Anyways.....when a 62cm 853 frame with Chorus was available for $650, I
couldn't afford not to buy it!!!

Can't wait to get it on the road..........

Ride On,

Gags

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 12:16 PM
Gags Wrote:

> Very nice Dutch.........I hope that it has good BB clearance for tha
> second
> last corner at Glenvale!! I was considering going the Carbon Fibr
> path at
> one stage but was advised by a couple of bike shop guys (including Le
> at
> CW) that I might want to consider 853 instead given my size (I weighe
> in at
> 101kg this morning for first day back in the gym in about 6 weeks o
> so).
> Anyways.....when a 62cm 853 frame with Chorus was available for $650
> couldn't afford not to buy it!!!
>
> Can't wait to get it on the road..........
>
> Ride On,
>
> Gags

fark! you beat me UP hills and you weigh 16kg heavier than me????
That's 2 bikes worth!
What Leigh probably didnt tell you was all the CF bike about just aren
BIG ENOUGH for you ,are they?

PS thanks for remiding 'bout that corner. totally forgotten abou
'that' one... :rolleyes:

PPS i think TimC is after my crash-bandicoot-ha

--
flyingdutch

TimC
June 21st 05, 08:06 AM
On 2005-06-20, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
> PPS i think TimC is after my crash-bandicoot-hat

:)

--
TimC
"Mango sorbet is clearcut proof that we have progressed beyond the

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home