PDA

View Full Version : New Steed!

Claes
June 20th 05, 01:35 AM
Hi, got myself a new steed, found a good deal.
'Neeeewsteeeeed
(http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=9705

--
Claes

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 01:45 AM
Claes Wrote:
> Hi, got myself a new steed, found a good deal.
> 'Neeeewsteeeeed
> (http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=9705)

cool. how much? and what's with the brakes? chicken!

F"fellow-chicken"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

GPLama
June 20th 05, 01:47 AM
"Claes" wrote in message ...

> Hi, got myself a new steed, found a good deal.
> 'Neeeewsteeeeed'
> (http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=9705)

niice.. now.. price? total weight? and can we all take advantage of this
good deal? I'm in need of a lighter/better commuter/mtb..

cheers,
GPL

Claes
June 20th 05, 02:05 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> cool. how much? and what's with the brakes? chicken!
>
> F"fellow-chicken"Dutch
The brakes are just awesome, love em. You always have the same brakin
force, not like your fekking rim brake, get a bit of dirt on it, an
you have a few tenths of a second with little braking power. :)

How much? Hmm, well, it is official sale on so why not.
Original 3199
I paid 2300. Almost 29% off.
The have this sale on for the rest of the week. 20-30 % off
on specialized 2005 models. Fitzroy cycles it is.
I even got the impression that they can order home stuff, that
the importer has in stock, and also get the rebate. So you have
got some choiche too. Not bad at all.
I was thinking of going with FS but decided against the extra
complexity. Like it simple and light.
Now, who wants to go for a good spin? :

--
Claes

Claes
June 20th 05, 02:08 AM
GPLama Wrote:
> "Claes" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Hi, got myself a new steed, found a good deal.
> > 'Neeeewsteeeeed'
> > (http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=9705)
> >

> niice.. now.. price? total weight? and can we all take advantage o
> this
> good deal? I'm in need of a lighter/better commuter/mtb..
>

> cheers,
> GPL
Total weight? Hmm, not sure, it is pretty light though :) Where can
weigh it? Have no bathroom scales at home. :

--
Claes

GPLama
June 20th 05, 02:20 AM
"Claes" wrote in message ...

> Total weight? Hmm, not sure, it is pretty light though :) Where can I
> weigh it? Have no bathroom scales at home. :(

no scales!? hmm... smuggle it into Coles and weigh it on some scales in the
veggie section? ;)

cheers,
GPL

flyingdutch
June 20th 05, 03:17 AM
GPLama Wrote:
> "Claes" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Total weight? Hmm, not sure, it is pretty light though :) Where ca
> > weigh it? Have no bathroom scales at home. :(
> >

> no scales!? hmm... smuggle it into Coles and weigh it on some scale
> in the
> veggie section? ;)
>

> cheers,
> GPL

bwahahahahahah

"8 kilo bike. goin cheap. huuuuuurrry, hurry!"

But seriously, where can one weigh a bike? (accurately so i can blam
16min climbs on the equipment :rolleyes:

--
flyingdutch

Claes
June 20th 05, 03:21 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> bwahahahahahah
>
> "8 kilo bike. goin cheap. huuuuuurrry, hurry!"
>
> But seriously, where can one weigh a bike? (accurately so i can blam
> 16min climbs on the equipment :rolleyes: )
victoria market maybe? Fish market? :) There shoudl be some good scale
around. :

--
Claes

Tamyka Bell
June 20th 05, 03:34 AM
flyingdutch wrote:

> GPLama Wrote:
> > "Claes" wrote in message ...
> > >
> > > Total weight? Hmm, not sure, it is pretty light though :) Where can
> > > weigh it? Have no bathroom scales at home. :(
> > >

> > no scales!? hmm... smuggle it into Coles and weigh it on some scales
> > in the
> > veggie section? ;)
> >

> > cheers,
> > GPL
>
> bwahahahahahah
>
> "8 kilo bike. goin cheap. huuuuuurrry, hurry!"
>
> But seriously, where can one weigh a bike? (accurately so i can blame
> 16min climbs on the equipment :rolleyes: )
>
> --
> flyingdutch

Vet clinics usually have decent sized digital scales.

Tam

Claes
June 20th 05, 03:53 AM
Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> flyingdutch wrote:
> >
> > GPLama Wrote:

> can
> > > >

> > > no scales!? hmm... smuggle it into Coles and weigh it on som
> scales
> > > in the
> > > veggie section? ;)
> > >

> > > cheers,
> > > GPL
> >
> > bwahahahahahah
> >
> > "8 kilo bike. goin cheap. huuuuuurrry, hurry!"
> >
> > But seriously, where can one weigh a bike? (accurately so i ca
> blame
> > 16min climbs on the equipment :rolleyes: )
> >
> > --
> > flyingdutch
>
> Vet clinics usually have decent sized digital scales.
>
> Tam
You nailed it, I have a vet around the corner and my housmates cat ha
just had knee reconstruction made there. They had a scale that would d
the business. Hmm, I wonder what they say when I come in with bike an
wants to weigh it? I'll risk it, I'll let you know how it goes. :

--
Claes

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home