PDA

View Full Version : kit recommendations

Tamyka Bell
June 22nd 05, 03:54 AM
Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...

Tam

kingsley
June 22nd 05, 05:29 AM
The heavier jerseys from Ground Effect are fairly
warm. Used one alot in The Netherlands, and it
was a damn-site colder than 7 deg. The longer
zip at the front is good, 'cause you can zip right
down if it gets to hot. Failing that, just wear your
rain jacket.

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/products.php

-kt

Absent Husband
June 22nd 05, 07:02 AM
As I pointed out to Tam earlier - Carbon fibre (and for that matter,
titanium) doonas are only endorsed for use by consenting adults in the
privacy of their own homes, and even then only while being utilised in
'role-play' scenarios...

Absent Husband (hill-climbing slut)

Tamyka Bell
June 22nd 05, 07:08 AM
Absent Husband wrote:

> As I pointed out to Tam earlier - Carbon fibre (and for that matter,
> titanium) doonas are only endorsed for use by consenting adults in the
> privacy of their own homes, and even then only while being utilised in
> 'role-play' scenarios...
>
> Absent Husband (hill-climbing slut)

Hill-climbing slut... that's my bitch! :P

Tam ;)

Jay Woo
June 22nd 05, 07:22 AM
Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
> wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
>
> Tam

Maybe you need one of these?

http://tinyurl.com/84pd2

GPLama
June 22nd 05, 07:25 AM
"Jay Woo" wrote in message ...

> Maybe you need one of these?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/84pd2

"Crap Flap" --- I wont 'arsek' what that is! :)

cheers,
GPL

alex
June 22nd 05, 07:28 AM
A bottle of whisky?

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
> wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
>
> Tam

Tamyka Bell
June 22nd 05, 07:39 AM
Jay Woo wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
> > wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
> >
> > Tam
>
> Maybe you need one of these?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/84pd2

The colour matches my Dozer...

Tam

SteveA
June 22nd 05, 07:40 AM
GPLama Wrote:
> "Jay Woo" wrote in message ..
>

> > Maybe you need one of these
>
> > http://tinyurl.com/84pd
>

> "Crap Flap" --- I wont 'arsek' what that is! :
>

> cheers
> GPL
That's some serious engineering. With systems to back up other system
if they fail. Look at the feature listed after Crap Flap. Seale
Cuffs. Essential if the Crap Flap fails to operate

Steve(getting basic)

--
SteveA

suzyj
June 22nd 05, 07:43 AM
I won't mention the yummy warm Sheridan doona we just bought then.

Regards,

Suzy (hates winter

--
suzyj

dej
June 22nd 05, 08:45 AM
"Tamyka Bell" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
> wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
>
> Tam
7deg C!
luxury!
our father used to make us stand in a bucket of ice before sending us out on
our bikes in the hail to get 3 pints of milk and 4 loaves of bread (the
journey of course, was uphill in both directions)

Brian Watson
June 22nd 05, 09:13 AM
dej wrote:
> "Tamyka Bell" > wrote in message
>
>>Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
>>wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
>>
>>Tam
>
> 7deg C!
> luxury!

I have to agree. I just checked the BOM and it says that it warmed from
2.7 to 7.1 degrees while I was out for a ride this morning. I was quite
comfortable in my usual - trackies, tee-shirt and a football jumper :-)

But then, I did grow up in Goulburn...

Brian

Tamyka Bell
June 22nd 05, 11:59 AM
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, dej wrote:

> "Tamyka Bell" > wrote in message
>> Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
>> wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
>>
>> Tam
> 7deg C!
> luxury!
> our father used to make us stand in a bucket of ice before sending us out on
> our bikes in the hail to get 3 pints of milk and 4 loaves of bread (the
> journey of course, was uphill in both directions)

But that is work/training. I just commute.

Tam

Carl Brewer
June 23rd 05, 12:53 AM
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:54:04 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
wrote:

>Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
>wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...

I use a windvest, polypro thermal t-shirt and normal jersey and arm
warmers in cool weather (5-10 degrees). The windvest makes a
huge difference.

Tamyka Bell
June 23rd 05, 01:24 AM
Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:54:04 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
> wrote:
>
> >Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
> >wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
>
> I use a windvest, polypro thermal t-shirt and normal jersey and arm
> warmers in cool weather (5-10 degrees). The windvest makes a
> huge difference.

This morning I went wind vest, arm warmers, leg warmers, ear warmers,
gloves, and under my jersey I wore a crappy army thermal shirt. Verdict?
Not cold! But not sweaty at the finish either... what's going on? This
is Brisbane! Where's my 20deg morning?

Tam

TimC
June 23rd 05, 04:47 AM
On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> This morning I went wind vest, arm warmers, leg warmers, ear warmers,
> gloves, and under my jersey I wore a crappy army thermal shirt. Verdict?
> Not cold! But not sweaty at the finish either... what's going on? This
> is Brisbane! Where's my 20deg morning?

Let me guess. It was 15 degrees?

The tail wind was brilliant this morning. 3 degrees felt like 3
degrees, because there was no wind chill, because I was basically
going as fast as the wind.

--
TimC
"The thing I love most about deadlines is the wonderful WHOOSHing sound

Tamyka Bell
June 23rd 05, 04:57 AM
TimC wrote:

> On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > This morning I went wind vest, arm warmers, leg warmers, ear warmers,
> > gloves, and under my jersey I wore a crappy army thermal shirt. Verdict?
> > Not cold! But not sweaty at the finish either... what's going on? This
> > is Brisbane! Where's my 20deg morning?
>
> Let me guess. It was 15 degrees?

About 8deg, actually. Then there was the windchill, which is getting
worse as the day goes on...

Gotta remember dude, when you're this lean, you feel the cold!

> The tail wind was brilliant this morning. 3 degrees felt like 3
> degrees, because there was no wind chill, because I was basically
> going as fast as the wind.

:D Sounds great!

Tam

TimC
June 23rd 05, 05:13 AM
On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
>>
>> On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>> > This morning I went wind vest, arm warmers, leg warmers, ear warmers,
>> > gloves, and under my jersey I wore a crappy army thermal shirt. Verdict?
>> > Not cold! But not sweaty at the finish either... what's going on? This
>> > is Brisbane! Where's my 20deg morning?
>>
>> Let me guess. It was 15 degrees?
>
> About 8deg, actually. Then there was the windchill, which is getting
> worse as the day goes on...
>
> Gotta remember dude, when you're this lean, you feel the cold!

Heh. I'm a skinny bitch too :P

--
TimC
That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic. Not to be confused with the

Tamyka Bell
June 23rd 05, 05:44 AM
TimC wrote:

> On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > TimC wrote:
> >>
> >> On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> >> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> >>
> >> Let me guess. It was 15 degrees?
> >
> > About 8deg, actually. Then there was the windchill, which is getting
> > worse as the day goes on...
> >
> > Gotta remember dude, when you're this lean, you feel the cold!
>
> Heh. I'm a skinny bitch too :P

I never said anything about being a bitch... I suppose I could try...

Tam *****ed now*

Absent Husband
June 23rd 05, 06:08 AM
"I never said anything about being a bitch... I suppose I could try...

Tam *****ed now* "

<snip>

She's not a bitch - but I'm HER bitch... At least on the hills :P

Absent Husband

hippy
June 23rd 05, 06:16 AM
Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> TimC wrote:
> I never said anything about being a bitch... I suppose I could try...
> Tam *****ed now*

This will help then...

It was 30degC yesterday.. I have some very distinct tan lines..
It looks like it will be the same again today... mmm double summer...

hippy
"hahahahaha

--
hippy

Bean Long
June 23rd 05, 06:17 AM
If only it was that warm in the mornings here in Canberra!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"Tamyka Bell" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where i can get an aerodynamic, carbon fibre doona? Abby
> wants me to ride tomorrow morning, before dawn, in the 7deg C chill...
>
> Tam

Tamyka Bell
June 23rd 05, 06:32 AM
hippy wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> > TimC wrote:
> > I never said anything about being a bitch... I suppose I could try...
> > Tam *****ed now*
>
> This will help then...
>
> It was 30degC yesterday.. I have some very distinct tan lines..
> It looks like it will be the same again today... mmm double summer...
>
> hippy
> "hahahahaha"
>
> --
> hippy

So hip, how does it feel to be single again...

:P

Yeah, that'll teach ya to **** me off.

:D (JK)

Tam

Carl Brewer
June 23rd 05, 06:40 AM
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:32:16 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
wrote:

>So hip, how does it feel to be single again...

He's touring on an SS?

Tamyka Bell
June 23rd 05, 06:42 AM
Carl Brewer wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:32:16 +1000, Tamyka Bell >
> wrote:
>
> >So hip, how does it feel to be single again...
>
> He's touring on an SS?

I deserved that, I really did.

Tam

hippy
June 23rd 05, 07:00 AM
Carl Brewer Wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:32:16 +1000, Tamyka Bell He's touring on an SS?

Was going to. The GT WAS SS..
Thank cripes I didn't! I never would've made it this far. The first da
would've killed me. Actually, I probably would've just stopped soone
and been in better shape for the rest of the week.. doh!

hipp

--
hippy

Carl Brewer
June 23rd 05, 08:17 AM
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:00:59 +1000, hippy
> wrote:

>Carl Brewer Wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:32:16 +1000, Tamyka Bell He's touring on an SS?
>
>Was going to. The GT WAS SS..
>Thank cripes I didn't! I never would've made it this far. The first day
>would've killed me. Actually, I probably would've just stopped sooner
>and been in better shape for the rest of the week.. doh!

Drink more beer!

You're going to miss the aboc dinner Stu, *but* I'll send you a copy
of the AV show I'm putting together, you're in it a few times :)

>hippy

aeek
June 23rd 05, 11:47 AM
TimC Wrote:
> On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>
> That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic.

new a.b coupling? The signature knows..

--
aeek

Tamyka Bell
June 24th 05, 02:23 AM
aeek wrote:

> TimC Wrote:
> > On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> >
> > That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic.
> >

> new a.b coupling? The signature knows...
>
> --
> aeek

That sounds like my 4th year physics. Best friend Tim and I,
inseparable, faced our desks to each other to talk sh!t all day instead
of working on honours projects or subjects. "Would you like a Tim-Tam
Tim?" "Yes thanks, Tam, did you want coffee with your Tim-Tam, Tam?" etc

Tam

TimC
June 24th 05, 05:53 AM
On 2005-06-24, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> aeek wrote:
>>
>> TimC Wrote:
>> > On 2005-06-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> >
>> > That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic.
>> >

>> new a.b coupling? The signature knows...
>
> That sounds like my 4th year physics. Best friend Tim and I,
> inseparable, faced our desks to each other to talk sh!t all day instead
> of working on honours projects or subjects. "Would you like a Tim-Tam
> Tim?" "Yes thanks, Tam, did you want coffee with your Tim-Tam, Tam?" etc

I had a friend when I was a wee little one, who's name was Tammy. Mum
claims she and said friend's mother used to say "Tim, Tam, come get
your Tim Tams!".

So then we shot them and ran away. No wait, wrong story.

--
TimC

Tamyka Bell
June 24th 05, 06:03 AM
TimC wrote:

> On 2005-06-24, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > aeek wrote:

> >> new a.b coupling? The signature knows...
> >
> > That sounds like my 4th year physics. Best friend Tim and I,
> > inseparable, faced our desks to each other to talk sh!t all day instead
> > of working on honours projects or subjects. "Would you like a Tim-Tam
> > Tim?" "Yes thanks, Tam, did you want coffee with your Tim-Tam, Tam?" etc
>
> I had a friend when I was a wee little one, who's name was Tammy. Mum
> claims she and said friend's mother used to say "Tim, Tam, come get
> your Tim Tams!".
<snip>

That was _you_? OMG! Tim? I thought you'd forgotten me!

:P

(I hope I'm not stirring up any deep dark memories that should've
remained undisturbed...)

Tam

Tamyka Bell
June 24th 05, 06:03 AM
Tamyka Bell wrote:

> TimC wrote:
> >
> > On 2005-06-24, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> > > That sounds like my 4th year physics. Best friend Tim and I,
> > > inseparable, faced our desks to each other to talk sh!t all day instead
> > > of working on honours projects or subjects. "Would you like a Tim-Tam
> > > Tim?" "Yes thanks, Tam, did you want coffee with your Tim-Tam, Tam?" etc
> >
> > I had a friend when I was a wee little one, who's name was Tammy. Mum
> > claims she and said friend's mother used to say "Tim, Tam, come get
> > your Tim Tams!".
> <snip>
>
> That was _you_? OMG! Tim? I thought you'd forgotten me!
>
> :P
>
> (I hope I'm not stirring up any deep dark memories that should've
> remained undisturbed...)
>
> Tam

Actually, it couldn't have been me. Mum never would've shared her Tim
Tams.

Tam

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home