http://dsearson.blogspot.com/2005/06/on-road-again-tour-excitement.html

Stuart Lamble
June 23rd 05, 04:14 AM
On 2005-06-23, Daniel S > wrote:
> ... when the Tour de France is almost upon us!
>
> Anyone care to make predictions for the yellow and green jerseys? What
> about the climber's jersey now that Virenque has buggered off?

I'll happily make a prediction about all of those: that I won't win any
of them. Anybody care to bet against me? I'll give you very good odds

Davidm
June 23rd 05, 03:31 PM
"Daniel S" > wrote in message
> ... when the Tour de France is almost upon us!
>
> Anyone care to make predictions for the yellow and green jerseys? What
> about the climber's jersey now that Virenque has buggered off?
>
> The Aussies are looking better than ever this year but do you think any of
> them will crack the podium?

More importantly, I'd like to get a list of the g-codes for all of the
coverage (WA) so I can program it in advance...any ideas? Without buying
some crappy TV magazine preferably....

Cheers
David M

flyingdutch
June 24th 05, 12:04 AM
Yellow Jersey Favourite: Armstrong Smokey: Basso
Sprinters Pettachi
McEwen
Mountain any of: Basso, Mayo, Salvoldelli

Other predictions:
Jens Voigt will have a cracker

Tom Boonen will too and win more than one stage

Armstrong will 'let' Hincappie have one day 'off the leash' for a lon
breakaway win as a payback for all them years...

This tour will confirm Ullrich is past his best (again!) and finis
below 5th (but probably top 10)

Michael Rogers top 10

1-3 riders will get thrown out in the first week due to testin
positive :(

McGee narrowly misses prologue win to Aitor, Leipheimer or Armstrong

team infighting between Damiano Cunego Gilberto Simoni will see th
modern tour's first mid-climb biffo!

'The Devil' will be tackled to the ground by a scruffy-lookin aussi
bike-tourer in thongs whilst managing not to spill a drop of brew i
the proces

--
flyingdutch

oely
June 24th 05, 01:16 AM
Daniel S Wrote:
> .... when the Tour de France is almost upon us!
>
> Anyone care to make predictions for the yellow and green jerseys? What
> about the climber's jersey now that Virenque has buggered off?
>
> The Aussies are looking better than ever this year but do you thin
> any
> of them will crack the podium?
>
> Daniel
> (long time lurker, occasional poster)

> FWIW, I've put my TdF predictions on my weblog:
> http://tinyurl.com/bcood

Yellow: Armstrong with Basso 3 or 4 mins back and then Vino.

Green: McEwen, followed by Boonen and Hushovd. (Dont think Cooke wil
get any stage wins). Those are the only 3 capable of being up ther
consistantly. Freire would not be amongst (if he didnt pull out)
though he can climb better than all of them. This will be damn clos
and i just hope a crash does not ruin it for anyone. I think there
only about 5 or 6 stages that really suit the pure sprinters. So if yo
miss a bunch kick, crashing with a k to go, could be pretty hard to ge
back into it.

KOM: i guess Rasmussen. He wont ever podium, with a TT as poor as his
He has soft pedalled stages in the past to be fresh for stage wins an
all day breakaways. Maybe Piepoli or Simoni (not sure if hes riding bu
Cunego isnt so....)

Aussies: I expect Rogers and Cadel (was a real chance for top 5 befor
his crash) to be right amongst the top 10 or just out of it. I don
think McGee will be able to hold on for 3 weeks to stay near the to
10. So top 20 for McGee. If he bonks badly (hes capable) then dont b
surprised to see him leading out Cooke again. In which case, i woul
then tip Cooke for a stage win.

White jersey: i got no idea. Probably one of the young Libert
climbers

--
oely

DaveB
June 24th 05, 01:26 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> Yellow Jersey Favourite: Armstrong Smokey: Basso
> Sprinters Pettachi
> McEwen
> Mountain any of: Basso, Mayo, Salvoldelli,

I think we should start a fund to send JayWoo over to have a crack at
the mountain title. Of course he'd still have to setup his own tent at
night and live on noodles.

DaveB

flyingdutch
June 24th 05, 01:32 AM
DaveB Wrote:

> I think we should start a fund to send JayWoo over to have a crack at
> the mountain title. Of course he'd still have to setup his own tent at
> night and live on noodles.
>
> DaveB

and paint his own name on the road the night before! :

--
flyingdutch

Carl Brewer
June 27th 05, 12:39 AM
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:04:51 +1000, flyingdutch
> wrote:

>Sprinters Pettachi

um ...

Shane Stanley
June 27th 05, 11:21 AM
In article >,
flyingdutch > wrote:

> McGee narrowly misses prologue win to Aitor, Leipheimer or Armstrong

No prologue this year...

> 'The Devil' will be tackled to the ground by a scruffy-lookin aussie
> bike-tourer in thongs whilst managing not to spill a drop of brew in
> the process

Among the crowd this year will be a touring group including Crackers
Keenan and Ron Barassi. Who knows who else will be in the group...

--
Shane Stanley

--
Shane Stanley

flyingdutch
June 28th 05, 02:19 AM
Shane Stanley Wrote:
> In article >,
> flyingdutch > wrote:
>
> > McGee narrowly misses prologue win to Aitor, Leipheimer or Armstrong
>
> No prologue this year...
>
> > 'The Devil' will be tackled to the ground by a scruffy-lookin aussie
> > bike-tourer in thongs whilst managing not to spill a drop of brew in
> > the process
>
> Among the crowd this year will be a touring group including Crackers
> Keenan and Ron Barassi. Who knows who else will be in the group...
>
> --
> Shane Stanley
>
> --
> Shane Stanley

doooh! revise that.

Ullrich to go all out in opening TT to try and make a statement but ge
nailed by one of M Rogers or Aitor by a few secs. (Lance will relax til
the 'uppy' bits altho Hincapie might have a go).

gettin goosebumps just thinkin 'bout this stuff

F"4 more sleeps"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

oely
June 28th 05, 09:17 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> doooh! revise that.
>
> Ullrich to go all out in opening TT to try and make a statement but get
> nailed by one of M Rogers or Aitor by a few secs. (Lance will relax till
> the 'uppy' bits altho Hincapie might have a go).
>
> gettin goosebumps just thinkin 'bout this stuff
>
> F"4 more sleeps"Dutch

Aitor is not riding it is he? I think the winner will come from either,
McGee, Armstrong or Cancellara (just the right length for him i think).
Hushovd is a former under 23 TT World Champ, he should put himself
close enough to grab yellow after a few flat stages.

--
oely

Carl Brewer
June 29th 05, 10:05 PM
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:17:31 +1000, oely
> wrote:

>flyingdutch Wrote:
>> doooh! revise that.
>>
>> Ullrich to go all out in opening TT to try and make a statement but get
>> nailed by one of M Rogers or Aitor by a few secs. (Lance will relax till
>> the 'uppy' bits altho Hincapie might have a go).
>>
>> gettin goosebumps just thinkin 'bout this stuff
>>
>> F"4 more sleeps"Dutch
>
>Aitor is not riding it is he? I think the winner will come from either,
>McGee, Armstrong or Cancellara (just the right length for him i think).
>Hushovd is a former under 23 TT World Champ, he should put himself
>close enough to grab yellow after a few flat stages.

Is the opening ITT too long for McGee though? He's more
a shorter ITT rider. Same with Cancellara.

Ullrich, Armstrong, Botero ... one of those three.

hippy
June 29th 05, 10:17 PM
Carl Brewer Wrote:

> Ullrich, Armstrong, Botero ... one of those three.

Man, all of the papers and even some tv channels have tour info an
suchlike... but it's all in friggin' dutch!!!! :S

hippy
"appreciating the 1000-word equivalent pictures

--
hippy

Carl Brewer
June 29th 05, 11:12 PM
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:17:27 +1000, hippy
> wrote:

>Carl Brewer Wrote:
>>
>> Ullrich, Armstrong, Botero ... one of those three.
>
>Man, all of the papers and even some tv channels have tour info and
>suchlike... but it's all in friggin' dutch!!!! :S

Damn cloggies ... tell 'em to speak English. If they don't
understand, just shout louder!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home