PDA

View Full Version : Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF

cfsmtb
July 2nd 05, 02:05 PM
"Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"

Are we excited yet?

Discuss. :

--
cfsmtb

aeek
July 2nd 05, 03:43 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"
>
> Are we excited yet?
>
> Discuss. :)

given I'm taking the 3 weeks off - I really hope so. 33 min to go!

I over slept my race today, bummer. Altho the secret handicap forma
seems truly evil - form up 2 by 2, fastest at the front.

Stage4: I still think Robbie will actually contribute to his team's T
until he goes into rest/recovery mode. No timecut for a TT

--
aeek

aeek
July 2nd 05, 04:01 PM
Hey what, Cycling News has already started the race coverage.
Robbie's on the road.
Zabriskie has finished already, a good guy to watch

--
aeek

Back in2IT
July 2nd 05, 04:02 PM
"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"
>
> Are we excited yet?
>
> Discuss. :)
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Yes indeed. I'm so excited I can't go to sleep :)

aeek
July 2nd 05, 04:30 PM
Back in2IT Wrote:
> "cfsmtb" > wrote i
> message
> >
> > "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"
> >
> > Are we excited yet?
> >
> > Discuss. :)
> >

> > --
> > cfsmtb
> >

> Yes indeed. I'm so excited I can't go to sleep :)

wasn't the Gabriel Gate piece exciting ! :

--
aeek

aeek
July 2nd 05, 06:10 PM
woo woo!!!! (damn spoiler rule

--
aeek

cfsmtb
July 3rd 05, 03:20 AM
aeek Wrote:
> woo woo!!!! (damn spoiler rule)

Is this the first tour starting with a TT instead of a stage? Pleas
correct moi if incorrect. ;

--
cfsmtb

aeek
July 3rd 05, 04:02 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Is this the first tour starting with a TT instead of a stage? Pleas
> correct moi if incorrect. ;)

Its starting with a TT rather than a prologue. This means it IS
stage, a prologue isn't. Even more confusingly a TT doesn't have
time cut whereas a prologue does

--
aeek

Gemma_k
July 3rd 05, 09:01 AM
"aeek" > wrote in message

> Its starting with a TT rather than a prologue. This means it IS a
> stage, a prologue isn't. Even more confusingly a TT doesn't have a
> time cut whereas a prologue does.

I think it's the other way around actually? You gotta finish within the
time cut in a TT, you can crash/walk a prologue and just get the slowest
time even if you did't finish and still get to start the next stage...
Gemma
ps. Going by stage 1, this is is shaping up to be the most boring tour of
all time :-(

531Aussie
July 3rd 05, 10:08 AM
who's the Kiwi or South African dude we had at the start and finish of
the coverage?

--
531Aussie

Marty
July 3rd 05, 10:33 AM
Gemma_k wrote:
> "aeek" > wrote in message
>
>>Its starting with a TT rather than a prologue. This means it IS a
>>stage, a prologue isn't. Even more confusingly a TT doesn't have a
>>time cut whereas a prologue does.
>>

> I think it's the other way around actually? You gotta finish within the
> time cut in a TT, you can crash/walk a prologue and just get the slowest
> time even if you did't finish and still get to start the next stage...
> Gemma
> ps. Going by stage 1, this is is shaping up to be the most boring tour of
> all time :-(

The first week doesn't mean much it's not until they hit the mountains
that you see who the strong teams are. Most crashes occur in the first week.

Marty

flyingdutch
July 3rd 05, 10:40 AM
Gemma_k Wrote:
> ps. Going by stage 1, this is is shaping up to be the most boring tour
> of
> all time :-(

i agree. Im a tad dissapointed in a goolish kinda way. I woulda
preferred 'Ulle' and one or 2 others to kicked Lance's butt in this
stage. Now Im afraid we're gonna have to listen to Phil Legless go all
dribbling over Lance every 5 seconds

"Oh look. the Helicopter's are Low"
"Yes, Paul. That's a sure sign that Armstrong is in super form and i
think he's going to win the tour..."

Let the procession roll on...

--
flyingdutch

cfsmtb
July 3rd 05, 11:48 AM
Gemma_k Wrote:
> ps. Going by stage 1, this is is shaping up to be the most boring tou
> of all time :-(

Creative time wasting links for when Le Tour gets boring... :p

Play toons:
http://www0.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/news/radiophonatron.shtml

Make DIY Superheroes:
http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp

enjoy :

--
cfsmtb

aeek
July 3rd 05, 12:47 PM
Marty Wrote:

> The first week doesn't mean much it's not until they hit the mountains
> that you see who the strong teams are. Most crashes occur in the firs
> week.

I was thinking CSC would again be team ******* and try and put th
peleton into the gutter. Its going to be windy right? these next tw
stages.
But has DaveZ changed things?
No gifts?
Its convenient for Armstrong that another team has the Yellow to pla
with, so long as the rider isn't considered a threat

--
aeek

aeek
July 3rd 05, 01:42 PM
its only the second stage and I'm really hating Gabriel Gate.
The stage is live on cyclingnews and SBS is still fluffing

--
aeek

cfsmtb
July 3rd 05, 01:46 PM
aeek Wrote:
> its only the second stage and I'm really hating Gabriel Gate.
> The stage is live on cyclingnews and SBS is still fluffing.

He's good on 774, but SBS are only using him for filler and "cultural
****e. Borringggggg.

Watch that roundabout, split, all ok, now up to Green Venice...

--
cfsmtb

531Aussie
July 3rd 05, 05:13 PM

--
531Aussie

flyingdutch
July 3rd 05, 11:50 PM
aeek Wrote:
> its only the second stage and I'm really hating Gabriel Gate.
> The stage is live on cyclingnews and SBS is still fluffing.

has anyone noticed how much stronger his french accent has become ove
the years since he has been in front of the mic/camera more?
i reckon he's just Wayne from Maidstone made good

F"spwinkooool de truffels ova yerrr Kawnflaques, like so. Wee?"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

Shabby
July 4th 05, 12:35 AM
aeek Wrote:
> I was thinking CSC would again be team ******* and try and put th
> peleton into the gutter. Its going to be windy right? these next tw
> stages.
> But has DaveZ changed things?
> No gifts?
> Its convenient for Armstrong that another team has the Yellow to pla
> with, so long as the rider isn't considered a threat.

There's no way CSC would have chased down the break if they weren;t i
yellow. It's convenient for Lance to keep him in yellow, otherwis
they'd be doing all the work - and it's good for Davo to keep yellow
because noone would have heard of him otherwise

--
Shabby

Shabby
July 4th 05, 12:36 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> has anyone noticed how much stronger his french accent has become ove
> the years since he has been in front of the mic/camera more?
> i reckon he's just Wayne from Maidstone made good
>
> F"spwinkooool de truffels ova yerrr Kawnflaques, like so. Wee?"Dutch

Garry Gate from La Verton

--
Shabby

Jay Woo
July 4th 05, 03:34 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"
>
> Are we excited yet?

Ar ha! For those that watched/recorder Stage 2, there is a 'Noooooooo'
point in the telecast with kms to go the vision switches to some euro
playing guitar!!!? Then a banner... waithing waiting!! Ah switched
back...

Carl Brewer
July 4th 05, 04:26 AM
On 3 Jul 2005 19:34:53 -0700, "Jay Woo" > wrote:

>cfsmtb wrote:
>> "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"
>>
>> Are we excited yet?
>
>Ar ha! For those that watched/recorder Stage 2, there is a 'Noooooooo'
>point in the telecast with kms to go the vision switches to some euro
>playing guitar!!!? Then a banner... waithing waiting!! Ah switched
>back...

wasn't that great timing!

Carl Brewer
July 4th 05, 04:37 AM
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:40:45 +1000, flyingdutch
> wrote:

>Gemma_k Wrote:
>> ps. Going by stage 1, this is is shaping up to be the most boring tour
>> of
>> all time :-(
>
>i agree. Im a tad dissapointed in a goolish kinda way. I woulda
>preferred 'Ulle' and one or 2 others to kicked Lance's butt in this
>stage. Now Im afraid we're gonna have to listen to Phil Legless go all
>dribbling over Lance every 5 seconds
>
>"Oh look. the Helicopter's are Low"
>"Yes, Paul. That's a sure sign that Armstrong is in super form and i
>think he's going to win the tour..."
>
>Let the procession roll on...

Although you'd have to be a nut to bet against Armstrong,
it is a 3 week race, and anything can happen. No TdF is
ever a procession, even if he wins by 10 minutes
it'll still be an absolutely amazing display of cycling. It
may not be a nailbiter like 2003 or 2000, but it'll still
be superb.

Gumby
July 4th 05, 05:38 AM
Shabby wrote:
> flyingdutch Wrote:
>
>>has anyone noticed how much stronger his french accent has become over
>>the years since he has been in front of the mic/camera more?
>>i reckon he's just Wayne from Maidstone made good
>>
>>F"spwinkooool de truffels ova yerrr Kawnflaques, like so. Wee?"Dutch
>

> Garry Gate from La Verton?

Surely he's from Fountain Lakes I mean Fountainbleu

cfsmtb
July 4th 05, 06:18 AM
Gumby Wrote:
> Surely he's from Fountain Lakes I mean Fountainbleu

Dunno about that, I overheard "Nord de Frankston

--
cfsmtb

PiledHigher
July 4th 05, 06:48 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Dunno about that, I overheard "Nord de Frankston"

By the time they hit Paris I reckon he'll be cooking:

Royale with Cheese with Freedom Fries

perfectly accompannied by a bud light

--
PiledHigher

cfsmtb
July 4th 05, 11:25 AM
Stage 2 sprint into Les Essarts, far too messy and antler velvet flyin
around. First day on the road, is it usually this silly? :confused

--
cfsmtb

Jay Woo
July 4th 05, 12:28 PM
cfsmtb wrote:
> Stage 2 sprint into Les Essarts, far too messy and antler velvet flying
> around. First day on the road, is it usually this silly?

I thought it was quite cajsh-u-al... It looks like Boonen is 'Flippin'
the bird'!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/?id=tour052/42

flyingdutch
July 4th 05, 12:50 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Stage 2 sprint into Les Essarts, far too messy and antler velvet flyin
> around. First day on the road, is it usually this silly? :confused:

thats only the pre-entree!
yoose gots 6 more stages of madness just like that one!
the REAL race donts start till stage 9, et

--
flyingdutch

aeek
July 4th 05, 01:53 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> thats only the pre-entree!
> yoose gots 6 more stages of madness just like that one!
> the REAL race donts start till stage 9, etc

Nah, this is the real race. Those mountains are a crime by nature.
They interfere with sprinting. That can't be right

--
aeek

cfsmtb
July 5th 05, 03:16 AM
Jay Woo Wrote:
> I thought it was quite cajsh-u-al... It looks like Boonen i
> 'Flippin'th
> bird'!http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/?id=tour052/42

Dunno about antler velvet now, but seems as if young Robbies been i
the red cordial. :

--
cfsmtb

Tamyka Bell
July 5th 05, 03:37 AM
Jay Woo wrote:

> cfsmtb wrote:
> > "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"
> >
> > Are we excited yet?
>
> Ar ha! For those that watched/recorder Stage 2, there is a 'Noooooooo'
> point in the telecast with kms to go the vision switches to some euro
> playing guitar!!!? Then a banner... waithing waiting!! Ah switched
> back...

I thought it was a VCR problem! Good to know it wasn't just me!

Tam

adam85
July 5th 05, 06:29 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> thats only the pre-entree!
> yoose gots 6 more stages of madness just like that one!
> the REAL race donts start till stage 9, etc

Speaking of mountains (well molehills really) - How good was Voeckler's
kick to beat Canada for the mountain points in stage 2!? I thought
Canada's jump was strong, but Voeckler just hammered it - timed to
perfection - love it! :)

--
adam85

Jay Woo
July 5th 05, 07:25 AM
adam85 wrote:

> Speaking of mountains (well molehills really) - How good was Voeckler's
> kick to beat Canada for the mountain points in stage 2!? I thought
> Canada's jump was strong, but Voeckler just hammered it - timed to
> perfection - love it! :)
>

> --
> adam85

Twoz spesh, local knowledge is a good thing too:)

aeek
July 5th 05, 09:06 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Dunno about antler velvet now, but seems as if young Robbies been in th
> red cordial. :o

yeah, why does google associate this thread with antler velvet ads?
before we mentioned the stuff I mean.

BOT: I was having a coffee break, looking at the signed jerseys in th
LBS.
TDF spotted jersey, frensh inscription, unrecognisable scribble.
Then I noticed the column of 7 years on the jersey, front left.
Finally twigged, that squiggle after the R. must be Virenque.
Brings it closer, more real.

Also admired a carbon Cannondale, that's a seriously black frame, eve
the white bits are black, black. (That its mostly grey doesn't inhibi
its blackness.

--
aeek

aeek
July 6th 05, 02:42 PM
Paul Sherwin couldn't say "rear derailer" !
adjusting the mechanism that moves the chain across the rear sprocket.
Yee gods, he gets paid by the word

--
aeek

aeek
July 6th 05, 04:21 PM
damn spoiler rules mean I have nothing to say.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

--
aeek

BrettM
July 6th 05, 05:53 PM
aeek > wrote in
:

> damn spoiler rules mean I have nothing to say.
>:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Actually on second thoughts I won't say anything about XXXX winning from
YYYY in a .......

Just finished with the last set of punctures and had this 'orrible
thought of the chances of someone sicking them onto me again. Must
write out "Do not invoke the punture gods by skiting that you have not
had a punture in 13 years of offroad driving/riding"

Ever seen a Triton with 3 similtaneous punctures? Ever tried to
convince your other half that it is possible to insert a tube in a
tubless tyre if you could only break this FSCKING bead. GRRRRR

And I thought the bikes were bad.

Cheers

BrettM

cfsmtb
July 7th 05, 01:24 AM

Yeah, XXXXXX won over YYY, but he's still grumpy due to the ********
in stage X. Not sure about those ***** knicks though.

"It's in the ******! I've showed what I can XX!!

--
cfsmtb

PiledHigher
July 7th 05, 03:04 AM
Did anyone notice that Gary Gate is reporting from the appellation of L
Southgate in the rondesmont of Melbourne

--
PiledHigher

till!
July 7th 05, 03:37 AM
aeek Wrote:
> Paul Sherwin couldn't say "rear derailer" !
Well, how about last nite? Stupidly I started listening to what th
commentators were saying ...

blah blah we're in the cheese GROWING region blah blah some number o
goat million something or others every 12 days blah blah cheese i
very strong in the odour sense

WTF?? You *make* cheese and it *smells*. Does someone want t
(land)fill these guys in

til

--
till!

Carl Brewer
July 7th 05, 04:17 AM
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:37:44 +1000, till!
> wrote:

>aeek Wrote:
>> Paul Sherwin couldn't say "rear derailer" !
>Well, how about last nite? Stupidly I started listening to what the
>commentators were saying ...
>
>blah blah we're in the cheese GROWING region blah blah some number of
>goat million something or others every 12 days blah blah cheese is
>very strong in the odour sense?
>
>WTF?? You *make* cheese and it *smells*. Does someone want to
>(land)fill these guys in!

Imagine for a minute being in their job. You've got
3 or 4 different audio feeds to do, concurrently, for
different audiences around the world, you've got
a break up the road, the usual road race situation.
Or worse, it's a time trial, and there's nothing to talk
about except the occasional time split or a very
rare crash.

Just exactly what do you fill in the time with? Your
audiences aren't usually watching the whole thing
(present company excepted) so they have to keep
rehashing the current race situation to keep everyone
informed. They can't assume their audience knows
anything - so we hear over & over about testicular
cancer, the East German most talented rider, and
that Paul rode the Tour once or twice. A lot of
their audience knows little about France, so they
do a bit of a blurb about the local area. In context,
it makes sense - the roads are going through some
pretty interesting countryside and there's not much
else to talk about anyway!

If you listen carefully to them (which is often pretty
funny!) you'll notice they -very- rarely say "um". Compare
that to the SBS bloke who does the fill at the start
and the finish, who "um"'s his way though 5 minutes
and is totally content-free.

I reckon they do an amazingly good job, and having
heard the alternatives, I wouldn't swap 'em.

Marty
July 7th 05, 04:34 AM
till! wrote:
> aeek Wrote:
>
>>Paul Sherwin couldn't say "rear derailer" !
>
> Well, how about last nite? Stupidly I started listening to what the
> commentators were saying ...
>
> blah blah we're in the cheese GROWING region blah blah some number of
> goat million something or others every 12 days blah blah cheese is
> very strong in the odour sense?
>
> WTF?? You *make* cheese and it *smells*. Does someone want to
> (land)fill these guys in!
>
> till

It's the publicity and tourisim side of things that pay the costs of the
Tour. Some towns pay big dollars to the organisers to get the Tour to
go through their town or city and so of course they expect a bit of
exposure for their dollar.

Marty

adam85
July 7th 05, 04:45 AM
Carl Brewer Wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:37:44 +1000, till!
> > wrote:
>

> >aeek Wrote:
> >> Paul Sherwin couldn't say "rear derailer" !
> >Well, how about last nite? Stupidly I started listening to what the
> >commentators were saying ...
> >
> >blah blah we're in the cheese GROWING region blah blah some number of
> >goat million something or others every 12 days blah blah cheese is
> >very strong in the odour sense?
> >
> >WTF?? You *make* cheese and it *smells*. Does someone want to
> >(land)fill these guys in!
>
> Imagine for a minute being in their job. You've got
> 3 or 4 different audio feeds to do, concurrently, for
> different audiences around the world, you've got
> a break up the road, the usual road race situation.
> Or worse, it's a time trial, and there's nothing to talk
> about except the occasional time split or a very
> rare crash.
>
> Just exactly what do you fill in the time with? Your
> audiences aren't usually watching the whole thing
> (present company excepted) so they have to keep
> rehashing the current race situation to keep everyone
> informed. They can't assume their audience knows
> anything - so we hear over & over about testicular
> cancer, the East German most talented rider, and
> that Paul rode the Tour once or twice. A lot of
> their audience knows little about France, so they
> do a bit of a blurb about the local area. In context,
> it makes sense - the roads are going through some
> pretty interesting countryside and there's not much
> else to talk about anyway!
>
> If you listen carefully to them (which is often pretty
> funny!) you'll notice they -very- rarely say "um". Compare
> that to the SBS bloke who does the fill at the start
> and the finish, who "um"'s his way though 5 minutes
> and is totally content-free.
>
> I reckon they do an amazingly good job, and having
> heard the alternatives, I wouldn't swap 'em.

Yeah I'd agree with you Carl. I reckon those guys
from Cycling Insight podcast thing would do an OK job
though. Bit like watching the State of Origin listening
to Roy& HG. I did like Paul's story about the racer who'd
get a big lead, and then hide and rejoin at the back of the
peleton to watch them chase for hours! Might try that
one myself one week for a laugh :)

--
adam85

Carl Brewer
July 7th 05, 05:42 AM
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:45:23 +1000, adam85
> wrote:

>Yeah I'd agree with you Carl. I reckon those guys
>from Cycling Insight podcast thing would do an OK job
>though. Bit like watching the State of Origin listening
>to Roy& HG. I did like Paul's story about the racer who'd
>get a big lead, and then hide and rejoin at the back of the
>peleton to watch them chase for hours! Might try that
>one myself one week for a laugh :)

Heh. I was lucky enough to ride with Phil when over for the
TdU in 2004 - for an old fellah, he sure can ride well, and
following him down Marble Hill was ace. He's pretty
good to ride beside and chat with too. I don't know
how they (Phil & Paul) do it.

jcjordan
July 7th 05, 12:02 PM
aeek Wrote:
> Nah, this is the real race. Those mountains are a crime by nature.
> They interfere with sprinting. That can't be right!

Interfere with the sprinting? Must be two flat around you, sugges
that you go up black mountian a few times, you will feel bette

--
jcjordan

aeek
July 7th 05, 12:32 PM
jcjordan Wrote:
> Interfere with the sprinting? Must be two flat around you, suggest tha
> you go up black mountian a few times, you will feel better

on my race bike, I've only ever made a few 100m before I give up, whic
doesn't help.

In recent years, we've had great Aussie sprinters to follow, and prett
much only sprinters. So of course the sprinting is the real race. Wit
Virenque and Armstrong what race was there for the yellow and spotte
jersies. Which leaves the green (if you don't count the white and th
lanterne rouge.) Again its the sprinting that has been the real race.
This year may well be different

--
aeek

jcjordan
July 7th 05, 12:55 PM
aeek Wrote:
> on my race bike, I've only ever made a few 100m before I give up, whic
> doesn't help.
>
> In recent years, we've had great Aussie sprinters to follow, and prett
> much only sprinters. So of course the sprinting is the real race. Wit
> Virenque and Armstrong what race was there for the yellow and spotte
> jersies. Which leaves the green (if you don't count the white and th
> lanterne rouge.) Again its the sprinting that has been the real race.
> This year may well be different.

Hopefully Rodgers will give the GC a go. Australia does seem t
produce a higher percentage of sprinters then GC riders.

Still next time you come to SA let me know and I will take you for
ride up Willunga hil

--
jcjordan

aeek
July 7th 05, 01:20 PM
jcjordan Wrote:
> Hopefully Rodgers will give the GC a go. Australia does seem to produc
> a higher percentage of sprinters then GC riders.
>
> Still next time you come to SA let me know and I will take you for
> ride up Willunga hill

I'll try and remember - Live coverage is go, hopefully the bom
coverage will be suspended

--
aeek

aeek
July 7th 05, 01:42 PM
aeek Wrote:
> hopefully the bomb coverage will be suspended.

thank god, only 10mins late

--
aeek

aeek
July 7th 05, 02:23 PM
killing time during another disaster disruption
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=68

does either turquoise or shoe apply to bicycle? hey, some relevance

--
aeek

DaveB
July 8th 05, 12:27 AM
aeek wrote:
> aeek Wrote:
>
>>hopefully the bomb coverage will be suspended.
>

> thank god, only 10mins late.

Yeah you'd think with the delay they might have dropped Gabriel Gate's
segment.

DaveB

flyingdutch
July 8th 05, 01:26 AM
DaveB Wrote:

> Yeah you'd think with the delay they might have dropped Gabriel Gate's
> segment.
>
> DaveB

speaking of bombs..

--
flyingdutch

rooman
July 8th 05, 02:27 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> speaking of bombs...
almost in Germany now, their culinary delights almost rival th
Brit's.....Gabriel may have to feature an Ozzie Pie Floater just t
add some colour to the bon vivant

at least wet roads and zebra crossing paint add some interest to th
finales now,

just wait till the mountains and all those cows...then Phil and Pau
will find some excitement in their voices and LA may just not be top o
mind...mmmooooo

--
rooman

cfsmtb
July 8th 05, 04:18 PM
***Spoiler Alert***

Second stage win for xxxxx. 5hr 03min 45se

--
cfsmtb

hippy
July 8th 05, 05:32 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> ***Spoiler Alert***
> Second stage win for xxxxx. 5hr 03min 45sec

I found a pub that was showing it!
Yay for not having to put up with Aussie Fools ****eball in ever
friggin pub!

Um.. so anyway.. given that I've missed the last.. oh.. every stag
thus far! What's going on with GC?!
Where's that German fella wotsisname? "Jan Oldwreck"? and how di
Hincappie get so high up the list? and what's with this US-flavoure
top-10 anyway? Go Vino!!!

hipp

--
hippy

aeek
July 8th 05, 06:01 PM
hippy Wrote:
> Go Vino!!!

I thought you didn't like wine. Come to that, isn't StrongArm a Tassi
beer

--
aeek

aeek
July 9th 05, 10:25 AM
today's cyclingnews coverage so far:

> Current race situation
>
> *

I hope it get's more exciting

--
aeek

flyingdutch
July 9th 05, 11:57 AM
hippy Wrote:
> I found a pub that was showing it!
> Yay for not having to put up with Aussie Fools ****eball in ever
> friggin pub!
>
> Um.. so anyway.. given that I've missed the last.. oh.. every stag
> thus far! What's going on with GC?!
> Where's that German fella wotsisname? "Jan Oldwreck"? and how di
> Hincappie get so high up the list? and what's with this US-flavoure
> top-10 anyway? Go Vino!!!
>
> hippy

Jan Oldwreck gots spanked in the first stage and LA passed him in th
ITT, so he may as well go home now and eat more pies...

Hincapie did well(ish) in the ITT and then the TTT, hence him being u
there

Go Vino! (but egaads that Estonian champs outfit is ghastly!!!) an
Basso, and, and, and ..

--
flyingdutch

till!
July 9th 05, 12:17 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Go Vino! (but egaads that Estonian champs outfit is ghastly!!!)
I think you mean khazak

til

--
till!

TimC
July 10th 05, 12:57 PM
On 2005-07-02, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"

I wacky parsed that as "Discussion de Fornicate".

> Are we excited yet?

Hell yeah :)

--
TimC
If you tried to understand this, you'd be very confused, in the standard

cfsmtb
July 10th 05, 01:46 PM
TimC Wrote:
> On 2005-07-02, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
> >
> > "Discussion du fonctionnaire: aus.bicycle TdF"
>
> I wacky parsed that as "Discussion de Fornicate".
>
> > Are we excited yet?
>
> Hell yeah :)

Apparently men think about sex every three minutes. I think about bike
every 30 seconds

--
cfsmtb

aeek
July 10th 05, 02:59 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Apparently men think about sex every three minutes. I think about bike
> every 30 seconds.

Go Stuey !!

--
aeek

Jay Woo
July 12th 05, 10:07 AM
Hah! The gossip will be flying with this pic;
http://www.cervelo.com/tdf/fullsize/p012_011.png

An Audio explanation here;
https://customercare.cervelo.com/audio/podcast00114.wav

Or go here for all the 'behind the CSC team' stuff here;
http://www.cervelo.com/mediacentre.aspx#MC

cfsmtb
July 12th 05, 02:30 PM
Stage 10: Sheesh, the livefeed keeps dropping out. Maybe it's thos
nasty dark clouds? :mad

--
cfsmtb

aeek
July 12th 05, 02:57 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Stage 10: Sheesh, the livefeed keeps dropping out. Maybe it's thos
> nasty dark clouds? :mad:

the live feed only part rather proved I need P&P

--
aeek

Jay Woo
July 12th 05, 03:03 PM
cfsmtb wrote:
> Stage 10: Sheesh, the livefeed keeps dropping out. Maybe it's those
> nasty dark clouds? :mad:
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Sounds like Phil has had a big night :P

cfsmtb
July 12th 05, 04:03 PM
Lance looks grouchy, Pie Boys further down the hill. Can Cadel kee
up...

--
cfsmtb

jcjordan
July 12th 05, 04:38 PM
Hopefull the warm weather will get ride of the frog. He really doe
sound like he is coming down with somethin

--
jcjordan

cfsmtb
July 13th 05, 03:26 PM
jcjordan Wrote:
> Hopefull the warm weather will get ride of the frog. He really doe
> sound like he is coming down with something

Jeez, give the man a Lemsip & a hot toddy. At least the link isn'
playing up tonight.

12:26am AEST - Just spotted a Bunny Rabbit

--
cfsmtb

hippy
July 13th 05, 05:13 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Jeez, give the man a Lemsip & a hot toddy. At least the link isn'
> playing up tonight.
>
> 12:26am AEST - Just spotted a Bunny Rabbit.

The man with the horns was back again..

hippy
'Feeling H-O-R-N-Y?

--
hippy

PiledHigher
July 14th 05, 12:19 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Jeez, give the man a Lemsip & a hot toddy. At least the link isn'
> playing up tonight.
>
> 12:26am AEST - Just spotted a Bunny Rabbit.

I saw a pink bunny rabbit!

That said, I am starting to become delirious, and there are 8 days t
go

--
PiledHigher

jcjordan
July 14th 05, 02:20 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> I saw a pink bunny rabbit!
>
> That said, I am starting to become delirious, and there are 8 days t
> go.

The attention seekers are getting better this year, or at least mor
creative. Thank god there seems to be a lessining of the guys i
speedo's, with overhanging bellys, running along the riders :eek

--
jcjordan

Carl Brewer
July 14th 05, 03:23 AM
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:20:37 +1000, jcjordan
> wrote:

>PiledHigher Wrote:
>> I saw a pink bunny rabbit!
>>
>> That said, I am starting to become delirious, and there are 8 days to
>> go.
>
>The attention seekers are getting better this year, or at least more
>creative. Thank god there seems to be a lessining of the guys in
>speedo's, with overhanging bellys, running along the riders :eek:

Haven't yet seen the obligatory mooning, but I'm sure at least one
browneye will make it onto the tour DVDs - there's always at least
one.

warrwych
July 14th 05, 03:51 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> I saw a pink bunny rabbit!
>
> That said, I am starting to become delirious, and there are 8 days t
> go.

When the rabbit appeared I thought "Gees the guys on the bikes ar
really gunna think they are totally cooked ie they are no
hallucinating about pink rabbits"
:

--
warrwych

hippy
July 14th 05, 01:07 PM
Carl Brewer Wrote:

> Haven't yet seen the obligatory mooning, but I'm sure at least one
> browneye will make it onto the tour DVDs - there's always at least
> one.

cyclingnews.com's live coverage mentioned the presence of a naked guy
running alongside the riders, in an earlier stage. No mention of an
"parted cheeks" though.. so sorry to disappoint Mr. Carlos.. :P

ha ha hipp

--
hippy

aeek
July 15th 05, 12:52 PM
hopefully not going to be a spoiler:

--
aeek

aeek
July 17th 05, 01:02 PM
the problem of taking the TDF of work:
I overslept my 1st 2 races - including one that I did a reconnaisanc
for;
3rd race, I rocked up not having commuted for 2 weeks, so thats >400k
I haven't been riding - probably my worst showing yet

--
aeek

cfsmtb
July 19th 05, 02:22 PM
Go Cadel!!

--
cfsmtb

cfsmtb
July 19th 05, 02:58 PM
Cadels been caught. poop. :

--
cfsmtb

aeek
July 19th 05, 03:26 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Cadels been caught. poop. :(

which means he's got help, 1st is the ultimate, 4th keeping the gap i
looking good for Paris

--
aeek

Euan
July 19th 05, 03:27 PM

cfsmtb> Cadels been caught. poop. :(

May work in his favor, long way to go on your own.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

cfsmtb
July 19th 05, 03:44 PM
Euan Wrote:
> May work in his favor, long way to go on your own.

15km..........

--
cfsmtb

cfsmtb
July 19th 05, 03:45 PM
10km...............

--
cfsmtb

cfsmtb
July 19th 05, 04:30 PM
**Spoiler**

He absolutely flogged himself during the last 4km. Stage win would o
been grand, but 7th overall ain't bad. :

--
cfsmtb

EuanB
July 20th 05, 12:26 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> **Spoiler*
>

> He absolutely flogged himself during the last 4km. Stage win would o
> been grand, but 7th overall ain't bad. :)
He probably could have got the stage win if he'd started playin
tactical games. He kept his eye on the goal and went for it, knowin
full well that he'd sacraficed any hope of a stage win

Totally professional
--
Cheer
Eua

--
EuanB

DaveB
July 20th 05, 12:41 AM
EuanB wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
>
>>**Spoiler**
>>

>>He absolutely flogged himself during the last 4km. Stage win would of
>>been grand, but 7th overall ain't bad. :)
>
> He probably could have got the stage win if he'd started playing
> tactical games. He kept his eye on the goal and went for it, knowing
> full well that he'd sacraficed any hope of a stage win.
>
> Totally professional.

I taped last night's stage but I'm only going to get a chance to watch
about an hour's worth. So what would be the best hour to watch, the last?

DaveB "should be studying, should be studying, should be studying, damn
you TdF!!!"

flyingdutch
July 20th 05, 03:07 AM
DaveB Wrote:
> EuanB wrote:
> > cfsmtb Wrote:
> >
> >>**Spoiler**
> >>

> >>He absolutely flogged himself during the last 4km. Stage win woul
> of
> >>been grand, but 7th overall ain't bad. :)
> >
> > He probably could have got the stage win if he'd started playing
> > tactical games. He kept his eye on the goal and went for it
> knowing
> > full well that he'd sacraficed any hope of a stage win.
> >
> > Totally professional.
>
> I taped last night's stage but I'm only going to get a chance to watch
> about an hour's worth. So what would be the best hour to watch, th
> last?
>
> DaveB "should be studying, should be studying, should be studying
> damn
> you TdF!!!"

all of them, you delusion fool (stop studying

--
flyingdutch

DaveB
July 20th 05, 04:01 AM
flyingdutch wrote:

>>I taped last night's stage but I'm only going to get a chance to watch
>>about an hour's worth. So what would be the best hour to watch, the
>>last?
>>
>>DaveB "should be studying, should be studying, should be studying,
>>damn
>>you TdF!!!"
>

> all of them, you delusion fool (stop studying)

Bah, not enough hours in the day. Working now after being sick for two
days, the next week's worth of nights will be spent studying and amid
all that I need to get my TdF fix and spend time with the family. I
can't wait till next March when study finishes and all I have to do is
work full-time.

DaveB "whinge completed, now back to work"

aeek
July 20th 05, 01:23 PM
Hey wow, Gerrans is in the break

--
aeek

cfsmtb
July 20th 05, 03:08 PM
aeek Wrote:
> Hey wow, Gerrans is in the break.

50km, a chase is starting to happen, Dekkers off. Unfortunately I'
piking & going to byebyes. :

--
cfsmtb

hippy
July 20th 05, 08:00 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> 50km, a chase is starting to happen, Dekkers off. Unfortunately I'
> piking & going to byebyes. :(

That was a pretty good finish.. they were all so cagey! Love it!

Who the hell was the Aussie in the break?! Never even heard of hi
before.

Why was T-Mobile working so hard at the front of the peloton? It's no
like Ullrich's gonna get time on Lance..?

hipp

--
hippy

DaveB
July 20th 05, 11:09 PM
hippy wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
>
>>50km, a chase is starting to happen, Dekkers off. Unfortunately I'm
>>piking & going to byebyes. :(
>

> That was a pretty good finish.. they were all so cagey! Love it!
>
> Who the hell was the Aussie in the break?! Never even heard of him
> before.
>
> Why was T-Mobile working so hard at the front of the peloton? It's not
> like Ullrich's gonna get time on Lance..?
>
> hippy

You need Phil and Paul commentating. Evidently thye were worried about
their status as leading team.

DaveB

TimC
July 21st 05, 06:26 AM
On 2005-07-20, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> hippy wrote:
>> Why was T-Mobile working so hard at the front of the peloton? It's not
>> like Ullrich's gonna get time on Lance..?
>
> You need Phil and Paul commentating.

It was certainly interesting during the power failure.

bzzzzzzzt

spin spin spin spin

chopper chopper chopper chopper

:)

--
TimC
"32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an

aeek
July 21st 05, 12:49 PM
Luke Roberts is in the break, 3.30, it might last :

--
aeek

aeek
July 21st 05, 02:16 PM
hangon, its still cricket, and just the panel at that. Ah, coming up th
TDF, 5 minutes late
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad

--
aeek

TimC
July 21st 05, 02:53 PM
On 2005-07-21, aeek (aka Bruce)

> hangon, its still cricket, and just the panel at that. Ah, coming up the
> TDF, 5 minutes late
>:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

At MBTC today, we were encouraged to write to SBS to praise them,
particularly as some idiot whinged in the age that their precious
cricket was only going to be shown on SBS and Fox, and that the
cycling would be on SBS for a couple of days.

But now, I think I will specifically praise them for all the days
coverage except todays. The bloody games hasn't even started yet, yet
they spend 5 minutes on the cricket banter, then a minute on the
cycling. For ****s sake, if people really want to watch the bloody
cricket, they can watch fox sports. We don't have the same luxury.

--
TimC
If you ever fear that machines will surpass humans in intelligence,

Jay Woo
July 21st 05, 02:56 PM
.... cricket... BAD... ashes... MAD

aeek
July 21st 05, 03:08 PM
Jay Woo Wrote:
> .... cricket... BAD... ashes... MAD

under 37km to go and its still cricket, BURN cricket BURN

--
aeek

aeek
July 21st 05, 03:20 PM
We have coverage!!! SBS had better not dare..

--
aeek

jcjordan
July 21st 05, 03:33 PM
aeek Wrote:
> We have coverage!!! SBS had better not dare...

A bloody hour delay thanks to the cricket. Thanks SBS for screwing th
cycling fans, another promise made by a TV station and another promis
broken. :confused: Makes them more like the comercial station ever
day

--
jcjordan

Google