PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cold ride in Perth today!

GPLama
July 6th 05, 04:44 AM
"dtmeister" wrote in message ...
> So who rode this morning. Left at the usual of 6:55am, radio said it was
> 0.9C. My gloves are cutoff ones, and at one stage I wondered when the
> frostbite thing kicks in? Near 0C and a 32km/h wind chill factor!

I think Melbourne has balanced this out.. at 8am.. it was 12.1!! I had to
take off my head warmer and pull down my arm warmers today..

cheers,
GPL

byron27
July 6th 05, 05:12 AM
GPLama Wrote:
> "dtmeister" wrote in message ..
> > So who rode this morning. Left at the usual of 6:55am, radio said i
> wa
> > 0.9C. My gloves are cutoff ones, and at one stage I wondered when th
> > frostbite thing kicks in? Near 0C and a 32km/h wind chill factor
>

> I think Melbourne has balanced this out.. at 8am.. it was 12.1!!
> had t
> take off my head warmer and pull down my arm warmers today.
>

> cheers
> GPL
it ended up being a minimum of 0.5 in perth. A bit further south
further from the warmth of the river, it was -1.7. It was cold. i kno
cause i bloody punctured and my pump decided to malfunction about 2 k'
from the measuring site

I was getting ice cream headaches riding at 25kph with a beanie on

--
byron2

6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

DaveB
July 6th 05, 05:24 AM
GPLama wrote:
> I think Melbourne has balanced this out.. at 8am.. it was 12.1!! I had to
> take off my head warmer and pull down my arm warmers today..

I was out running (sorry Dutch) in a SINGLET!!

DaveB

Tamyka Bell
July 6th 05, 05:29 AM
DaveB wrote:

> GPLama wrote:
> > I think Melbourne has balanced this out.. at 8am.. it was 12.1!! I had to
> > take off my head warmer and pull down my arm warmers today..
> >

> I was out running (sorry Dutch) in a SINGLET!!
>
> DaveB

Brisbane was nice and warm. I hit the streets at 0600 with arm warmers
and vest but no legwarmers, ear warmers or winter gloves. And I'm a
local, so anything below 25deg is cold.

Tam

GPLama
July 6th 05, 05:42 AM
"DaveB" wrote in message ...

> I was out running (sorry Dutch) in a SINGLET!!

Just the singlet.. and nothing else? :)

cheers
GPL

DaveB
July 6th 05, 06:01 AM
GPLama wrote:
> "DaveB" wrote in message ...
>
>>I was out running (sorry Dutch) in a SINGLET!!
>>

> Just the singlet.. and nothing else? :)
>

> cheers
> GPL

I knew some smartass would say that.

DaveB

GPLama
July 6th 05, 06:39 AM
"DaveB" wrote in message ...

> I knew some smartass would say that.

me a smartarse!? only on days ending in 'y'..... ;)

cheers,
GPL

aeek
July 6th 05, 10:36 AM
DaveB Wrote:
> GPLama wrote:
> > Just the singlet.. and nothing else? :)
>
> I knew some smartass would say that.

but noone has mentioned Tam's lack of knicks, our standards are i
danger of rising

--
aeek

Tamyka Bell
July 7th 05, 10:44 AM
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, aeek wrote:

> DaveB Wrote:
>> GPLama wrote:
>>> Just the singlet.. and nothing else? :)
>>
>> I knew some smartass would say that.
>>

> but noone has mentioned Tam's lack of knicks, our standards are in
> danger of rising!
>

> --
> aeek

What? When? Uh oh!

Tam *no knicks*

TimC
July 8th 05, 08:12 AM
On 2005-07-06, GPLama (aka Bruce)

> "DaveB" wrote in message ...
>>
>> I was out running (sorry Dutch) in a SINGLET!!
>>

> Just the singlet.. and nothing else? :)

Lace and gladwrap :)

--
TimC
"pretty much, my thesis can be reduced to the letter tau" -- TimC

hippy
July 8th 05, 09:57 AM
TimC Wrote:
> On 2005-07-06, GPLama (aka Bruce)
> >
> > "DaveB" wrote in message ...[color=darkred]
> >> I was out running (sorry Dutch) in a SINGLET!!
> >
> > Just the singlet.. and nothing else? :)
>
> Lace and gladwrap :)

Arrrgh! Think of the children!

I mean.. "chaffing"..

hippy
natural born thrille

--
hippy

flyingdutch
July 8th 05, 11:23 AM
DaveB Wrote:

> I was out running (sorry Dutch) in a SINGLET!!
>
> DaveB

Garbo-duty???

this morning was wierd!

wandered up driveway, grabbed Npaper, read bull****e 'bout London, et
got on bike dressed according to how it felt when grabbing paper the
proceeded to freeze the jewles off!!!
Luckily it was only a short few km to physio for de reguo
strapping/bandaging of shoulder* and up hill so kept warm but livin o
top of a hill really messes with your ability to estimate th
weather!!! ( i think Tam suffers the same scenario?)

*i gets re-strapped every 48 hours Carey-esque, and its rippin
truckload of skin off!!!!!! you think gravelrash is bad? I have had s
much elastoplast on the same spot now it just comes off (my skin tha
is...) and I hardly flinch! the physio had a 'assistant' (darn she wa
cute!) and she fainted at the sight of it, yesterday
:eek

--
flyingdutch

Google