PDA

View Full Version : Hands up!

BruceA
July 7th 05, 04:26 AM
Strangely I seem to have been watching a lot of cycle racing on TV during
the last few days!
I have noticed at times riders sticking their hands up in the air, usually
followed by them throwing a water bottle to the side, but not always.
Is this a warning to other riders that they are about to chuck their bottle
or an indication to their support crew that they need more water, or both,
or neither?

BruceA

flyingdutch
July 7th 05, 05:31 AM
BruceA Wrote:
> Strangely I seem to have been watching a lot of cycle racing on T
> during
> the last few days!
> I have noticed at times riders sticking their hands up in the air
> usually
> followed by them throwing a water bottle to the side, but not always.
> Is this a warning to other riders that they are about to chuck thei
> bottle
> or an indication to their support crew that they need more water, o
> both,
> or neither?
>
> BruceA

i might try it on the way home tonight and i'll report what happens :D

PS im guessing your last sentence is on the moane

--
flyingdutch

Graeme
July 7th 05, 08:27 AM
flyingdutch > wrote in
:

> i might try it on the way home tonight and i'll report what happens :D

I thought they were just being polite "Please Sir, I need to go to the
loo." You didn't think those bottles they threw away were empty did you? :)

Graeme

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home