PDA

View Full Version : Horrid pains in the wrist

The Entire Adelaide Philharmonic Orchestra posting
October 3rd 05, 05:36 AM
I love cycling. Over the years, I've gone through phases where I've been
treadly mad. Happens once every year or so.

This year, my 37th, I've been having these hideous wrist problems. Horrid
electric shock type jolts. This a common thing? If so does it go away
eventually? Anything I can do to remedy it? Would wrist bands help?

Bleve
October 3rd 05, 06:14 AM
dtmeister wrote:
> The Entire Adelaide Philharmonic Orchestra posting in unison > wrote:
> > I love cycling. Over the years, I've gone through phases where I've been
> > treadly mad. Happens once every year or so.
> >
> > This year, my 37th, I've been having these hideous wrist problems. Horrid
> > electric shock type jolts. This a common thing? If so does it go away
> > eventually? Anything I can do to remedy it? Would wrist bands help?
>
> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/pain.html

DT, you're being trolled, I think.

Look at the author (same with the MAX HR question, different
author, but it's one that doesn't look legit)

The Entire Adelaide Philharmonic Orchestra posting
October 3rd 05, 06:48 AM
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 05:10:49 +0000, dtmeister wrote:

> The Entire Adelaide Philharmonic Orchestra posting in unison
> > wrote:
>> I love cycling. Over the years, I've gone through phases where I've
>> been treadly mad. Happens once every year or so.
>>
>> This year, my 37th, I've been having these hideous wrist problems.
>> Horrid electric shock type jolts. This a common thing? If so does it go
>> away eventually? Anything I can do to remedy it? Would wrist bands
>> help?
>
> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/pain.html

cheers.

"It can also be caused by having the saddle angle too low in front: This
tends to make you slide forward as you ride, and you wind up using your
hands to push yourself back into position."

That's me. I have the seat down at an angle so it's not pressing against
the old cojones. I find that painful too.

So it's either my wrists or the family jewels?

October 4th 05, 12:50 AM
The Entire Adelaide Philharmonic Orchestra posting in unison wrote:
> I love cycling. Over the years, I've gone through phases where I've been
> treadly mad. Happens once every year or so.
>
> This year, my 37th, I've been having these hideous wrist problems. Horrid
> electric shock type jolts. This a common thing? If so does it go away
> eventually? Anything I can do to remedy it? Would wrist bands help?

cops said *67 is not going help Marty Wallace who is a who is a
Janitor at Griffin Coal Mining is leaving sex sounds

cops said *67 is not going help Marty Wallace who
is a who is a Janitor at the Muja Power Station is leaving cow,
sex sounds and words like ****,dick,suck,pussy,your dickhead,****,
gay,ass,**** you,now,ANIMAL,SEX,balls,hair and alot of other words
i don't want to post BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN. on my cell voice mail &
ans. machine same thing and sometimes he just calls and lets the phone
ring 2 times and hangs up from this # 61897342316 and from this #
616045507000 Collie River Valley Marathon Relay,C/o Healthy Body
Care,26 B Steere St, Collie, 6225. & Muja Power Station. and posting
from both places. Griffin Coal Mining
http://www.totalbike.com/groups/read.php?f=8&i=99364&t=99364

October 4th 05, 12:50 AM
> [...]

> electric shock type jolts. This a common thing? If so does it go away
> eventually? Anything I can do to remedy it? Would wrist bands help?

cops said *67 is not going help Marty Wallace who is a who is a
Janitor at Griffin Coal Mining is leaving sex sounds

cops said *67 is not going help Marty Wallace who
is a who is a Janitor at the Muja Power Station is leaving cow,
sex sounds and words like ****,dick,suck,pussy,your dickhead,****,
gay,ass,**** you,now,ANIMAL,SEX,balls,hair and alot of other words
i don't want to post BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN. on my cell voice mail &
ans. machine same thing and sometimes he just calls and lets the phone
ring 2 times and hangs up from this # 61897342316 and from this #
616045507000 Collie River Valley Marathon Relay,C/o Healthy Body
Care,26 B Steere St, Collie, 6225. & Muja Power Station. and posting

Sam R.
October 6th 05, 01:32 AM
The Entire Adelaide Philharmonic Orchestra posting in unison wrote:
> I love cycling. Over the years, I've gone through phases where I've been
> treadly mad. Happens once every year or so.
>
> This year, my 37th, I've been having these hideous wrist problems. Horrid
> electric shock type jolts. This a common thing? If so does it go away
> eventually? Anything I can do to remedy it? Would wrist bands help?

This is very much not good. You should see a doctor immediately. It
could be one of a number of "over use" type injuries, including, but not
limited to, Repetitive Strain Injury.

The injury could be related to wearing a watch or cuffs too tight.
Riding in a bad position without variation for too long. Using a
computer mouse (using the mouse effects both arms).

Please see a doctor, it won't go away by itself, and you could exacebate
it to permanent injury.

yours,
Sam R.

Bleve
October 6th 05, 02:05 AM
Sam R. wrote:

> This is very much not good. You should see a doctor immediately. It
> could be one of a number of "over use" type injuries, including, but not
> limited to, Repetitive Strain Injury.
>
> The injury could be related to wearing a watch or cuffs too tight.
> Riding in a bad position without variation for too long. Using a
> computer mouse (using the mouse effects both arms).
>
> Please see a doctor, it won't go away by itself, and you could exacebate
> it to permanent injury.

It needs to see a shrink, it's a troll.

adam85
October 6th 05, 02:51 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> Sam R. wrote:
>
> > This is very much not good. You should see a doctor immediately.
> It
> > could be one of a number of "over use" type injuries, including, but
> not
> > limited to, Repetitive Strain Injury.
> >
> > The injury could be related to wearing a watch or cuffs too tight.
> > Riding in a bad position without variation for too long. Using a
> > computer mouse (using the mouse effects both arms).
> >
> > Please see a doctor, it won't go away by itself, and you could
> exacebate
> > it to permanent injury.
>
> It needs to see a shrink, it's a troll.

Why do you think that? Do trolls normally reply with a "thanks" and a
reply that makes sense? Mr Philharmonic are you a troll? If not try
moving your seat back to get weight off your wrists and read the
Fitness Q&A articles on www.cyclingnews.com for all sorts of
positioning advice.

Adam

--
adam85

Bleve
October 6th 05, 04:05 AM
adam85 wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:

> > It needs to see a shrink, it's a troll.
>
> Why do you think that?

the name, the pattern. It follows the standard format
that our pet troll has been doing (C&P).

> Do trolls normally reply with a "thanks" and a
> reply that makes sense?

Typically, no, so maybe it isn't.

Terry Collins
October 6th 05, 04:21 AM
Sam R. wrote:

> The injury could be related to wearing a watch or cuffs too tight.
> Riding in a bad position without variation for too long. Using a
> computer mouse (using the mouse effects both arms).

It can also be related to diabetes. {:-).

TimC
October 6th 05, 10:10 AM
On 2005-10-06, Bleve (aka Bruce)

> adam85 wrote:
>> Bleve Wrote:
>
>> > It needs to see a shrink, it's a troll.
>>
>> Why do you think that?
>
> the name, the pattern. It follows the standard format
> that our pet troll has been doing (C&P).

Except for not having the magic headers.

Indeed, do trolls use Pan?

I think you are mistaken -- it's merely a person who wants to remain
more anonymous than most of us (fair enough -- I know a person at MBTC
lurks because he doesn't want to reveal his identity to a internet
based forum), and doesn't know about gmail.

--
TimC
"I will never let my schooling get in the way of my education." --Mark Twain

Resound
October 6th 05, 12:43 PM
"TimC" > wrote in message
> On 2005-10-06, Bleve (aka Bruce)
>>
>> adam85 wrote:

>>> Why do you think that?
>>
>> the name, the pattern. It follows the standard format
>> that our pet troll has been doing (C&P).
>
> Except for not having the magic headers.
>
> Indeed, do trolls use Pan?
>
> I think you are mistaken -- it's merely a person who wants to remain
> more anonymous than most of us (fair enough -- I know a person at MBTC
> lurks because he doesn't want to reveal his identity to a internet
> based forum), and doesn't know about gmail.

Agreed, besides (and really, this has to be on the compulsory list for
pegging a post as a troll) the post wasn't in any way inflammatory. It was
just a request for suggestions about a cycling related problem. No abuse,
not a contentious subject etc.

Bleve
October 7th 05, 12:12 AM
Resound wrote:
> "TimC" > wrote in message
> > On 2005-10-06, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> >> the name, the pattern. It follows the standard format
> >> that our pet troll has been doing (C&P).
> >
> > Except for not having the magic headers.
> >
> > Indeed, do trolls use Pan?
> >
> > I think you are mistaken -- it's merely a person who wants to remain
> > more anonymous than most of us (fair enough -- I know a person at MBTC
> > lurks because he doesn't want to reveal his identity to a internet
> > based forum), and doesn't know about gmail.
> >
> Agreed, besides (and really, this has to be on the compulsory list for
> pegging a post as a troll) the post wasn't in any way inflammatory. It was
> just a request for suggestions about a cycling related problem. No abuse,
> not a contentious subject etc.

True enough. I think I was wrong :)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home