PDA

View Full Version : Perth Bike set-up and look keo carbon

endroll
October 3rd 05, 07:28 AM
hi all

does anybody know a good place to have a bike set-up in Perth?
also
any thoughts of the look keo carbon pedals...using shimano and thinking
of change

cheers!!

--
endroll

aeek
October 3rd 05, 08:14 AM
endroll Wrote:

> any thoughts of the look keo carbon pedals...using shimano and thinking
> of change

My keo cleats are banged up but still clip fine, the critical surface
is recessed, still not for walkies. Now have spare cleats, the LBSs
don't carry them yet and I don't want to wait for an order when its
time.
Like them lots but I've only used SPDs. Still do, the similar height is
a good thing.
Mate finally replaced his SPD-Rs with KEOs. Guess he wasn't impressed
with SPD-SLs?

There are 2 new models, might be worth checking the new options.
http://tinyurl.com/c5vuw

--
aeek

Colin Marshall
October 3rd 05, 08:56 AM
TBE in Belmont to bike setup, Churchill in Booragoon are good too.

endroll wrote:
> hi all
>
> does anybody know a good place to have a bike set-up in Perth?
> also
> any thoughts of the look keo carbon pedals...using shimano and thinking
> of change
>
> cheers!!

endroll
October 3rd 05, 09:59 AM
Colin Marshall Wrote:
> TBE in Belmont to bike setup, Churchill in Booragoon are good too.
>

> endroll wrote:
> > hi all
> >
> > does anybody know a good place to have a bike set-up in Perth?
> > also
> > any thoughts of the look keo carbon pedals...using shimano and
> thinking
> > of change
> >
> > cheers!!

cheers!!! i have read mixed reviews of the pedals and especially the
cleats but they do sound good!

also thanks for set-up assistance - might have a new baby soon :D

--
endroll

David M
October 3rd 05, 10:02 AM
Quantum Bicycle Manufacturers in North Perth, 9443 3407. Very skilled,
and cheap too.

Cheers
David M

MikeyOz
October 3rd 05, 10:18 AM
ohhhh I just ordered my Keos' today... I had some extra cash so I went
for the full w**k version and lashed out on the ones with the Titanium
axles.... Ive heard good things about them... the wider platform,
feeling a lot more stable,powerful once you get used to them.

--
MikeyOz

pase
October 4th 05, 07:40 AM
MikeyOz Wrote:
> ohhhh I just ordered my Keos' today... I had some extra cash so I went
> for the full w**k version and lashed out on the ones with the Titanium
> axles.... Ive heard good things about them... the wider platform,
> feeling a lot more stable,powerful once you get used to them.
those ti ones are grossly overpriced. for the 40 something grams u save

anyway, there are a few more pedals in the keo range now, starting
pretty cheap. i got mine from probikekit at a nice price. i also see
they come stock with the grey cleats, which is a good idea as the red
cleat prob has too much float

--
pase

Google