PDA

View Full Version : Goatage + Gooch

cfsmtb
October 4th 05, 04:45 AM
Ok, next Melbourne Wheels of Justice get-together thingo is on this
Friday @ Goat in Burnley:
http://tinyurl.com/dzk8j

For those who came in late, Wheels of Justice movement kicked off in
Adelaide due to the inappropriate actions of one Mr. E. McGee. Thought
you should be reminded of that, background here:
http://bicyclejustice.blogspot.com/

McGee and his brother, Craig, will face Adelaide Magistrates Court on
October 7 accused of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Further WoJ discussions:
http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/
Pictures of the May 7th Rides:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/72663690@N00/

.....and......

In Melbourne....The Gooch is back on Channel 31 tonight (Tuesday) at
6.30pm. Or is it?

--
cfsmtb

DaveB
October 4th 05, 05:21 AM
> In Melbourne....The Gooch is back on Channel 31 tonight (Tuesday) at
> 6.30pm. Or is it?

Oh crap that leaves me 3 hrs to work out how to tune the video recorder
to Ch 31!!

DaveB

cfsmtb
October 4th 05, 10:02 AM
DaveB Wrote:

> Oh crap that leaves me 3 hrs to work out how to tune the video
> recorder
> to Ch 31!!
>
> DaveB

Oh poobumwee, I forgot. Even though I kicked off this thread.
(sound of ms.c repeatively thumping forehead on desk)

So was it broadcast or it's another wait n' see?

--
cfsmtb

flyingdutch
October 5th 05, 12:21 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Oh poobumwee, I forgot. Even though I kicked off this thread.
> (sound of ms.c repeatively thumping forehead on desk)
>
> So was it broadcast or it's another wait n' see?

delayed for a few weeks yet :(

I bumped into the goochmeister at Fed square this morning.
He's been outta action for weeks with back issues :(

I'll find out more in near future as i may be helping him out with some
stuff
(and asking ou lot for some too :D)

--
flyingdutch

cfsmtb
October 5th 05, 01:42 AM
Back to the WoJ stuff, have pretty blue leaflets to go, so if you're
attending Melb Goatage this Friday (Oct 7) be sure to pick up a stack
to distribute. Another 250 leaflets are heading north this afternoon to
be distributed at the BFA conference in Brisbane.
http://www.bfa.asn.au/conference/

We'll get the WoJ business cards sorted out soon when the url biz is
arranged. :)

--
cfsmtb

slaw
October 5th 05, 02:01 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> delayed for a few weeks yet :(
>
> I bumped into the goochmeister at Fed square this morning.
> He's been outta action for weeks with back issues :(
>
> I'll find out more in near future as i may be helping him out with some
> stuff
> (and asking ou lot for some too :D)
The gooch fella took some footage of me on tandem with daughter at the
Fat Tyre Flyers on Sunday, so when I saw this post yesterday arvo, rang
home to get wife to tape it. Always a risky business, but somehow she
managed to get it going only to records a couple of hours of static...
Seems 31 was off air for a while last night.

Saw him again this morning at Fed Sq. He wants to do a bit of a feature
of our tandems set up for kids. So look out in a month or two for that.

--
slaw

flyingdutch
October 5th 05, 02:34 AM
slaw Wrote:
> The gooch fella took some footage of me on tandem with daughter at the
> Fat Tyre Flyers on Sunday, so when I saw this post yesterday arvo, rang
> home to get wife to tape it. Always a risky business, but somehow she
> managed to get it going only to records a couple of hours of static...
> Seems 31 was off air for a while last night.
>
> Saw him again this morning at Fed Sq. He wants to do a bit of a feature
> of our tandems set up for kids. So look out in a month or two for that.

Hey, wouldnt mind speakin to yer re these kid/adult tandems
another project :D

Too many potential projetcs, not enuff time...

--
flyingdutch

EuanB
October 5th 05, 02:59 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Hey, wouldnt mind speakin to yer re these kid/adult tandems
> another project :D
>
> Too many potential projetcs, not enuff time...

Was talking to one of my colleagues today, his friends a keen cyclist.
Took his daughter on an ATB on a tandem a few years ago.

His daughters now competing in the state chapionships and by all
accounts doing well.

--
EuanB

slaw
October 5th 05, 08:35 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Hey, wouldnt mind speakin to yer re these kid/adult tandems
> another project :D
>
> Too many potential projetcs, not enuff time...
Sure. We have 2 tandems. Both 2nd hand. One bought BC (Before
Children). Had a Burley trailer on it when daughter no 1 was 8 weeks
old. Put on kiddy cranks when daughter no 1 was about 3. Got the bottom
bracket mount made up by the people from Greenspeed who also cut down
some cranks to have about 125mm and 150mm pedal mounts. I hobbled the
rest together with a used bb and chain. Altogther cost about $350.

PM me if you want moe info.

Used with no 1 girl for a few years including creche runs with girl no
2 in a bike seat. Got another tandem that wife could ride up front.
Think it might have originally come from Pegasus. It is sized about 15"
in the rear so no 1 girl could ride it with seat all the way down when
she was nearly 7. Got some crank shorteners for it from the States.

So now daughter 1 is 8 and rides on that tandem with wife (or me), or
on her own bike and daughter no 2 is 5 on the back of my (her) tandem.

Guess in a few years we might take the kiddy cranks off when daughter
no 1 can ride on my tandem and no 2 can go on wife's.

Eventual aim is for them to captain and wife and I to have our feet up
on the back.

--
slaw

Jono L
October 5th 05, 09:25 AM
I thought you might be at Fed square this morning Dutchy! I waved when i
was riding past, but i couldn't pop in, dam school:mad: .

Also I saw a lot of Vote-4-Jason-4-BV on the roads this morning! Well
done. If you actually rode and wrote all of these yourself i reckon
you've got the next D-grade crit won, that's a lot of riding.

--
Jono L

flyingdutch
October 5th 05, 11:49 AM
Jono L Wrote:
> I thought you might be at Fed square this morning Dutchy! I waved when i
> was riding past, but i couldn't pop in, dam school:mad: .
>
> Also I saw a lot of Vote-4-Jason-4-BV on the roads this morning! Well
> done. If you actually rode and wrote all of these yourself i reckon
> you've got the next D-grade crit won, that's a lot of riding.

haha. off to school with you laddy! :D

Yeah, the chalkin is like intervals!

ride, ride, ride...
stop. chalk away...
ride, ride, ride...
not that i get sucked into catching/passing those who ride past me as
Im chalkin, mind :rolleyes:

--
flyingdutch

Jono L
October 5th 05, 01:35 PM

--
Jono L

cfsmtb
October 5th 05, 01:51 PM
Jono L Wrote:
> I'm surprised you haven't been booked on some count of vandalism.

Nope, it's chalk. Washes off. I've done plenty of chalking for numerous
nefarious political/social causes going back two decades & haven't been
caught or sprung yet. It's about the method, anything that avoids
property damage is generally ignored. :)

--
cfsmtb

ghostgum
October 6th 05, 01:42 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> haha. off to school with you laddy! :D
>
> Yeah, the chalkin is like intervals!
>
> ride, ride, ride...
> stop. chalk away...
> ride, ride, ride...
> not that i get sucked into catching/passing those who ride past me as
> Im chalkin, mind :rolleyes:
So the next step would be chalking every approach and exit
from Docklands for 16 October ATB.

--
ghostgum

Google