PDA

View Full Version : Lygon Cycles - Thumbs up

GPLama
October 4th 05, 06:39 AM
In the hunt for another Giant TCR frame (M or M-L) to build up a replica of
my 'race' bike for commuting and general thrashing about... called up Lygon
Cycles where I got my TCRc1 from a few months back... one word - awesome

Spoke to Paul who knew exactly what I wanted, why I wanted it, totally
understood me from the get go. No frames in stock, or trade ins, so he gets
on the phone to Giant right away without me even asking.. They didnt have
any stock either, but he told me to keep checking back with them as they'd
help me out.

woot!

cheers,
GPL

roshea
October 4th 05, 07:13 AM
*http://tinyurl.com/csy23*

--
roshea

Jono L
October 4th 05, 07:14 AM
Forget commuting! You need a track bike!

--
Jono L

GPLama
October 4th 05, 08:03 AM
"roshea" wrote in message ...

> *http://tinyurl.com/xxxx

*cough* sniping already *cough*... ;)

I'll easily get one cheaper for 2nd hand, I'll put out 'wanted' feelers in a
few days I think..

cheers,
GPL

GPLama
October 4th 05, 08:07 AM
"Jono L" wrote in message ...

> Forget commuting! You need a track bike!

Yep, sure do... although I'm not sure if racing track will allow me to sit
on the front for the last 6kms of every race.. ;)

cheers,
GPL

Bleve
October 4th 05, 09:28 AM
GPLama wrote:
> "Jono L" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Forget commuting! You need a track bike!
> >

> Yep, sure do... although I'm not sure if racing track will allow me to sit
> on the front for the last 6kms of every race.. ;)

Trackies aren't known for brains, it shouldn't be a problem :)

DaveB
October 4th 05, 10:29 AM
roshea wrote:
> GPLama Wrote:
>
>>In the hunt for another Giant TCR frame (M or M-L) to build up a replica
>>of
>>my 'race' bike for commuting and general thrashing about
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/csy23*

50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.

DaveB

roshea
October 4th 05, 01:36 PM
DaveB Wrote:
> roshea wrote:
> > GPLama Wrote:
> >
> >>In the hunt for another Giant TCR frame (M or M-L) to build up a
> replica
> >>of
> >>my 'race' bike for commuting and general thrashing about
> >
> > *http://tinyurl.com/csy23*
> >

> 50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.
>
> DaveB
That is the "medium" size for these (compact -sloping top tube), so it
may be a little bit out - maybe 5'6"-5'10" is a better guess?

--
roshea

petulance
October 4th 05, 01:44 PM
DaveB wrote:
> roshea wrote:
>
>> GPLama Wrote:
>>
>>> In the hunt for another Giant TCR frame (M or M-L) to build up a replica
>>> of
>>> my 'race' bike for commuting and general thrashing about
>>

>> *http://tinyurl.com/csy23*
>>

> 50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.
>
> DaveB

so you reckon a person of height 5'8"-6' would fit
a compact Giant 46.5 cm (Small) or 53.5 cm (M-L) frame?

Resound
October 5th 05, 08:19 AM
"petulance" > wrote in message
> DaveB wrote:
>> roshea wrote:

>>> *http://tinyurl.com/csy23*
>>>

>> 50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.
>>
>> DaveB
>

> so you reckon a person of height 5'8"-6' would fit
> a compact Giant 46.5 cm (Small) or 53.5 cm (M-L) frame?

I ride a small OCR frame and it's a slight reach for me (top tube's a trifle
long). I'm 5'6".

petulance
October 6th 05, 12:56 PM
Resound wrote:
> "petulance" > wrote in message
>
>>DaveB wrote:
>>

>>>50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.
>>>
>>>DaveB
>>

>>so you reckon a person of height 5'8"-6' would fit
>>a compact Giant 46.5 cm (Small) or 53.5 cm (M-L) frame?
>

> I ride a small OCR frame and it's a slight reach for me (top tube's a trifle
> long). I'm 5'6".

I jumped on a small and medium TCR on the weekend and both bikes seemed
fine with me (I'm 170cm tall). Of course, I should get a proper fitting
when I decide to part with some cash.

pase
October 7th 05, 08:16 AM
giant's medium compact (50cm) is pretty close to a 55cm equivalent.

im sure one of you could look up the top tube length of the giant
website.

anyway, im 5'10-5'11 and would ride a medium, if i rode a giant

--
pase

Mark
October 8th 05, 08:07 AM
"pase" > wrote in message

> giant's medium compact (50cm) is pretty close to a 55cm equivalent.
>
> im sure one of you could look up the top tube length of the giant
> website.
>
> anyway, im 5'10-5'11 and would ride a medium, if i rode a giant
>

> --
> pase

I am 5'7" and ride a small OCR. It feels just right to me.

dave
October 8th 05, 09:43 AM
Mark wrote:
> "pase" > wrote in message
>
>>giant's medium compact (50cm) is pretty close to a 55cm equivalent.
>>
>>im sure one of you could look up the top tube length of the giant
>>website.
>>
>>anyway, im 5'10-5'11 and would ride a medium, if i rode a giant
>>

>>--
>>pase
>>

> I am 5'7" and ride a small OCR. It feels just right to me.

I am 5 11 and a bit and I have a medium TCR. Straight out of the box
its fine for me.
A better fit than my fractionally large 58 Giant. So its about a 56 or 57

roshea
October 8th 05, 10:56 PM
GPLama Wrote:
> "roshea" wrote in message ...
> >
> > *http://tinyurl.com/xxxx
> >

> *cough* sniping already *cough*... ;)
>
> I'll easily get one cheaper for 2nd hand, I'll put out 'wanted'
> feelers in a
> few days I think..
>

> cheers,
> GPL
Auction ended with no bids at $600.

--
roshea

GPLama
October 9th 05, 12:38 AM
"roshea" wrote in message ...

> Auction ended with no bids at $600.

Like a good sniper - I was watching :)

I picked up a TCR1 '05 M-L frame and fork yesterday from someone in Bendigo
for that exact price.. plus I got some Ultegra brakes front and back for
it..

Spent yesterday building it all up and just got back from my first ride on
it (55kms rolling hills).... strangely enough, it feels like my TCRc1 '05...
exactly what I was after.

cheers,
GPL

Google