PDA

View Full Version : Southbank to Gold Coast Ride FULL

Troy
October 5th 05, 11:26 AM
damit I wanted to ride in that ride and was going to pay tonight , but due
to safety, Bicycle Queensland have closed the entries, no more allowed THE
RIDE IS FULL, ****ed off.

Martin
October 5th 05, 11:57 AM
I am sure you can join in, can they stop you riding on a public road??
And secondly, most of those charity rides have a million riders in them, so
I am sure you can just join in undetected.
"Troy" > wrote in message
> damit I wanted to ride in that ride and was going to pay tonight , but due
> to safety, Bicycle Queensland have closed the entries, no more allowed THE
> RIDE IS FULL, ****ed off.

scotty72
October 5th 05, 01:33 PM
Troy Wrote:
> damit I wanted to ride in that ride and was going to pay tonight , but
> due
> to safety, Bicycle Queensland have closed the entries, no more allowed
> THE
> RIDE IS FULL, ****ed off.How many riders are there?

Just join in at the first turn. If asked by a race official, cop etc.
your race bid flew off etc.

Scotty

--
scotty72

TimC
October 5th 05, 03:52 PM
On 2005-10-05, Troy (aka Bruce)
> damit I wanted to ride in that ride and was going to pay tonight , but due
> to safety, Bicycle Queensland have closed the entries, no more allowed THE
> RIDE IS FULL, ****ed off.

Better than the BV tactic of just letting everyone on.

Had a chat with one LBS (I've got 3 LBSs!) tonight, when I picked up
my GVBR bike with 3 fixed spokes. Seems BV are losing their support
from everyone!

--
TimC
Can you keep your witty comments shorter dude? I can't

Absent Husband
October 5th 05, 11:29 PM
"I am sure you can join in, can they stop you riding on a public road??
"

<snip>

The first part is actually on teh SE Busway, which is normally strictly
a "bus only" road that is totally seperated from other traffic. So they
probably CAN stop you...

I guess the lesson is to pay earlier next time?? :S

Abby

Martin
October 6th 05, 05:15 AM
Yeah right as if you are going to standout in that sea of multi colored
jerseys.

I really thought a charity ride was to get as much money as possible.
Or advise people on the limit of entries, anyhow I will be there, and AH,
watch out when I pass you hehehehehe
"Absent Husband" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> "I am sure you can join in, can they stop you riding on a public road??
> "
>
> <snip>
>
> The first part is actually on teh SE Busway, which is normally strictly
> a "bus only" road that is totally seperated from other traffic. So they
> probably CAN stop you...
>
> I guess the lesson is to pay earlier next time?? :S
>
> Abby

Absent Husband
October 6th 05, 06:39 AM
Hi Martin,

Sorry mate - I wanted to do this ride, but couldn't afford to stump up
the muchos denari for the entry fee... I guess you'll have to terrorize
some other poor suckers on the busway!! *laughs*

Enjoy the ride - I've always wanted to ride the busway on a bike, so
make sure you post a ride report afterwards!!

Cheers,
Abby

Bleve
October 6th 05, 07:23 AM
As Tim says, it's much better that they limit numbers than they run
events like BV does, and they then get too big to manage.

Next year, enter earlier! If you want to help the nominated charity,
you can always just donate cash to them and then go for a ride
somewhere ....

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home