PDA

View Full Version : House Fire

HughMann
October 5th 05, 01:41 PM
The President of the Children's Cancer Institute, Townsville to Cairns
Bike Ride, Rob Ibell had his house in the Townsville suburb of West End
totally destroyed by fire today. It was a traditional Queenslander and
all that remains is the 2.4m high concrete stumps.

Everyone was at work so no injuries and fortunately fully insured but
they have lost all their personal stuff like wedding photos and family
history.

Dont know if they have lost the bikes too.

Very sad, a great guy and a "driven" voluntary worker for childrens
cancer research fundraising.

Hugh

--
HughMann

cfsmtb
October 5th 05, 01:57 PM
HughMann Wrote:

> Very sad, a great guy and a "driven" voluntary worker for childrens
> cancer research fundraising.
>
> Hugh

That totally sucks. :mad: Is there any news afoot to help Rob & his
family out? Someone who has given so much to their community surely
needs everyone's support right now. Please keep us posted.

--
cfsmtb

The bike shop
October 5th 05, 07:56 PM
HughMann wrote:
> The President of the Children's Cancer Institute, Townsville to Cairns
> Bike Ride, Rob Ibell had his house in the Townsville suburb of West End
> totally destroyed by fire today.

PLONK

1. THIS IS NOT TRUE THIS IS SPAM, SPAM, SPAM

The bike shop
October 5th 05, 07:57 PM
cfsmtb wrote:
> HughMann Wrote:
> >
> > Very sad, a great guy and a "driven" voluntary worker for childrens
> > cancer research fundraising.
> >
> > Hugh
>

> That totally sucks. Bbecause it is SPAM, SPAM, SPAM

Tom N
October 6th 05, 01:50 PM
The bike shop wrote:

> HughMann wrote:
>> The President of the Children's Cancer Institute, Townsville to Cairns
>> Bike Ride, Rob Ibell had his house in the Townsville suburb of West End
>> totally destroyed by fire today.
>
> PLONK
>
> 1. THIS IS NOT TRUE THIS IS SPAM, SPAM, SPAM

It's on the web so it must be true
http://cancer-ride-nq.net/

HughMann
October 7th 05, 09:58 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> That totally sucks. :mad: Is there any news afoot to help Rob & his
> family out? Someone who has given so much to their community surely
> needs everyone's support right now. Please keep us posted.

Thanks, will forward your msg to Rob.
Latest news is that there has been a great response from the
community.
An appeal has been launched by the Townsville West Community Centre
(TWCC). Donations can be sent to TWCC at 15 Lonerganne St, Garbutt,
4814, Qld or messages of support faxed to TWCC on 07 4779 7268 or email
.
They have lost everything so its going to be hard for them to set up
again. Robs bike is ok as it was not in the house as the wheels were
away at the LBS. He lost all his riding clothing, shoes, helmet,
camelback and all the other nick nacks it takes to ride a bike.
Already local toy and sports stores have given heaps of things for
their 2 young children.
Its early days yet but I think that the Childrens Cancer riders (
couple of hundred of us) and the local cycling community will probably
organise some sort of benefit function.

'Article from Townsville Bulletin' (http://tinyurl.com/drgg6)

Cheers
Hugh