PDA

View Full Version : SE Freway bikepath death???

phamcam
October 6th 05, 07:15 AM
Hi,
does anyone know what was happening on the SE bikepath this morning???

The police had it blocked off with no access either east or west.

When I crossed at mc rob bridge you could see a body on the path with a
sheet covering it......

Hope it was not a rider, it looked very serious.

ph

--
phamcam

flyingdutch
October 6th 05, 07:56 AM
crap.

a friend also told me of a rider down, Traffic stopped, ambulance
attending.
Doncaster Rd, westbound side, North balwyn, blue bike, no more details
available

--
flyingdutch

Biker
October 6th 05, 08:31 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> crap.
>
> a friend also told me Marty was down, Traffic stopped, ambulance
> attending.
> Doncaster Rd, westbound side, North balwyn, blue bike, no more details
> available

it would be to bad if it was a marty DOA ... NOT HAHA HEHE

cfsmtb
October 6th 05, 10:10 AM
Heard nothing so far, it could of been non-cycling related. If that's
any recompense. :(

--
cfsmtb

alison_b
October 6th 05, 10:26 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Heard nothing so far, it could of been non-cycling related. If that's
> any recompense. :(
This is a somewhat reluctant post... but I have been trying to find
out the outcome of the fellow all day to no avail. Why reluctant?
Because recently when someone posted a 'rider down' post I spent a
frantic time trying to contact my sweetie who was training with the
rider who was injured. I guess many of us could point to main
cycling/training areas and say "I hope it isn't [insert name]" or "that
sounds like [name]".

I was leaving the city and stopped at a small group of cyclists and
runners; someone was being attended to by some people who had stopped
for first aid. (I got this info from a young woman whose running
partner was one of the first aiders. I have a basic first aid qual and
was checking that it wasn't needed.) I have no idea what had happened
before getting there; nor did the woman I spoke with. Someone was
calling an ambulance. I rode up the track a little to warn others that
the path was blocked ahead so they could slow down until I saw the
police and heard the ambulance arriving shortly after.

As the OP said, on the return trip to the city the police were
diverting people from the path. I hope that the outcome for the
injured - whatever they were doing on the path - has been ok. We all
have family and friends who expect us home at the end of the day - my
thoughts are with both the injured and those who care for him.

ali

--
alison_b

cfsmtb
October 7th 05, 02:22 PM
alison_b Wrote:
> This is a somewhat reluctant post... but I have been trying to find out
> the outcome of the fellow all day to no avail. Why reluctant? Because
> recently when someone posted a 'rider down' post I spent a frantic time
> trying to contact my sweetie who was training with the rider who was
> injured. I guess many of us could point to main cycling/training areas
> and say "I hope it isn't [insert name]" or "that sounds like [name]".

The latest I hear via 3AW, was the incident was a cyclist who suffered
a fatal heart attack, no suspicious circumstances. :(

--
cfsmtb

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home