PDA

View Full Version : About a bike...

DeF
October 10th 05, 06:40 AM
Just got back from a brief trip to Adelaide
and I managed a quick approx 50km through the
Adelaide hills on my old tourer (circa 1982).
I came to a few conclusions:
1. Index shifting is way better than friction.
2. Brakes have improved dramatically over 20 years
(despite having Record brakes on the old tourer)
3. The Adelaide hills are hilly, especially compared
with the plains of Perth.
4. Brooks saddles are the most comfortable of them all.

For those familiar with the hills, I did:
Aldgate-Mylor-Echunga-Meadows-Macclesfield-Echunga-
Mylor-Aldgate.
This meant I did Aldgate Valley Road twice. If there
is a prettier 5km of road to be ridden anywhere, I've
not seen it. Only got rained on in the last 10 minutes.

Am keen to get back their with a modern road bike.

DeF.

--
e-mail:
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.

Bleve
October 10th 05, 09:31 AM
DeF wrote:
> Just got back from a brief trip to Adelaide
> and I managed a quick approx 50km through the
> Adelaide hills on my old tourer (circa 1982).
> I came to a few conclusions:
> 1. Index shifting is way better than friction.
> 2. Brakes have improved dramatically over 20 years
> (despite having Record brakes on the old tourer)
> 3. The Adelaide hills are hilly, especially compared
> with the plains of Perth.
> 4. Brooks saddles are the most comfortable of them all.
>
> For those familiar with the hills, I did:
> Aldgate-Mylor-Echunga-Meadows-Macclesfield-Echunga-
> Mylor-Aldgate.
> This meant I did Aldgate Valley Road twice. If there
> is a prettier 5km of road to be ridden anywhere, I've
> not seen it. Only got rained on in the last 10 minutes.
>
> Am keen to get back their with a modern road bike.

Next time you're there, have a go down Marble Hill - it's
over the back of Norton summit - it's one of the most fun
descents I've ridden anywhere!

gumby
October 12th 05, 03:25 AM
"3. The Adelaide hills are hilly, especially compared with the plains
of Perth. "

Duncan, do you see the inherent silliness of this?
For your penance you are to do ten laps of Kings Park TT circuit, and
smile while doing it.

Weekend looks good, not doing the Gents TT.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home