PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning Rides in Perth

alex
October 10th 05, 01:03 PM
Does the TBE 6am Tuesday ride from the narrows (north side) still run?

If so, where is a decent spot there to wait?

alex

David M
October 10th 05, 01:29 PM
no idea, but what is the pace/distance you're expecting. That's close
to work and would be *very* convenient for me also...

Any others that people know of that are not too fast (ie 28-30 is OK)
or too far (50-60km is OK) and are near the CBD, it would be great to
hear about them.

Cheers
David M

SteveA
October 10th 05, 02:18 PM
David M Wrote:
> no idea, but what is the pace/distance you're expecting. That's close
> to work and would be *very* convenient for me also...
>
> Any others that people know of that are not too fast (ie 28-30 is OK)
> or too far (50-60km is OK) and are near the CBD, it would be great to
> hear about them.
>
> Cheers
> David M
Here is a useful list as a starting point:
http://www.wa.cycling.org.au/GroupRides.htm

SteveA

--
SteveA

alex
October 11th 05, 12:25 AM
Rode a fair bit of it this morning

A few handy hints:

1. If its your first ride stick with the slow bunch
2. If you are stupid enough to ride with the quick bunch don't do it
with your clothes, shoes and papers in your backpack :)

Joined the fast pack on stirling hwy near dingo flour mills and then
dropped very soon after that around East Freo, continued to Curtin Uni
after that.

I'll be riding with the older posse for a while methinks ! :)

Was definitely worth it

SteveA wrote:
> David M Wrote:
> > no idea, but what is the pace/distance you're expecting. That's close
> > to work and would be *very* convenient for me also...
> >
> > Any others that people know of that are not too fast (ie 28-30 is OK)
> > or too far (50-60km is OK) and are near the CBD, it would be great to
> > hear about them.
> >
> > Cheers
> > David M
> Here is a useful list as a starting point:
> http://www.wa.cycling.org.au/GroupRides.htm
>
> SteveA
>

> --
> SteveA

byron27
October 11th 05, 04:22 AM
alex Wrote:
> Does the TBE 6am Tuesday ride from the narrows (north side) still run?
>
> If so, where is a decent spot there to wait?
>
> alex
Runs thursday as well. If you want to jump on down freo way, jump on at
the top of the Preston Point Rd hill, not too painful from then on.

It usually averages about 34-35 but if you sit in and its not too windy
you should be right.

--
byron27

alex
October 11th 05, 06:02 AM
byron27 wrote:
> Runs thursday as well. If you want to jump on down freo way, jump on at
> the top of the Preston Point Rd hill, not too painful from then on.
>
> It usually averages about 34-35 but if you sit in and its not too windy
> you should be right.

I was totally dropped at that point and since I've never done that ride
before I had no idea which direction the pack went.. so I rode on to
uni @ curtin instead

that'll teach me :)

whats the 6am saturday captain stirling ride like?

have u tried the 7:30 cyclemania ride in saturday?

catchyazzz

byron27
October 12th 05, 07:19 AM
alex Wrote:
> byron27 wrote:
> > Runs thursday as well. If you want to jump on down freo way, jump on
> at
> > the top of the Preston Point Rd hill, not too painful from then on.
> >
> > It usually averages about 34-35 but if you sit in and its not too
> windy
> > you should be right.
>
> I was totally dropped at that point and since I've never done that ride
> before I had no idea which direction the pack went.. so I rode on to
> uni @ curtin instead
>
> that'll teach me :)
>
> whats the 6am saturday captain stirling ride like?
>
> have u tried the 7:30 cyclemania ride in saturday?
>
> catchyazzz
it goes down through Point Walter, around Applecross and then down to
Mt Henry. Almost straight to Curtin.

Haven't done either of theother two rides.

--
byron27

6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

alex
October 12th 05, 10:45 AM
byron27 wrote:

> it goes down through Point Walter, around Applecross and then down to
> Mt Henry. Almost straight to Curtin.
>
> Haven't done either of theother two rides.

next time i'll keep it real :)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home