www.fatnfast.com/bird/wheel.jpg

I am absolutely flabbergasted.

Fraser

hippy
October 12th 05, 04:16 PM
Fraser Johnston Wrote:
> www.fatnfast.com/bird/wheel.jpg
> I am absolutely flabbergasted.

Cool.. can I get one in carbon-fibre? :P

Probably saves the guy replacing all those poorly-tensioned,
continuously-breaking 'normal' spokes.

Do they make spokey-dokeys in that gauge?

Cost me 1.50UKP for two new spokes for the GT..
this place sucks when you're spending Aussie pesos!

hippy
steal iz reel!

--
hippy

EuanB
October 12th 05, 11:23 PM
hippy Wrote:
> Cool.. can I get one in carbon-fibre? :P
>
> Probably saves the guy replacing all those poorly-tensioned,
> continuously-breaking 'normal' spokes.
>
> Do they make spokey-dokeys in that gauge?
>
> Cost me 1.50UKP for two new spokes for the GT..
> this place sucks when you're spending Aussie pesos!
>
> hippy
> steal iz reel!
It doesn't suck much less when you're spending UKP. Cost of living is
higher in UK than it is in Aus.

--
EuanB

BrettS
October 13th 05, 01:01 AM
Fraser Johnston wrote:

> www.fatnfast.com/bird/wheel.jpg
>
> I am absolutely flabbergasted.
>
> Fraser

Nice, and you get to true it by heating one side of the spoke with an oxy...

--
BrettS

hippy
October 13th 05, 01:10 AM
EuanB Wrote:
> It doesn't suck much less when you're spending UKP. Cost of living is
> higher in UK than it is in Aus.

Yeah, but if I'm getting paid in UKP it at least means I don't have to
multiply everything by 2.5 to find the "true" cost. Earn 40k in UKP
whilst squatting and eating stale bread and bring it back to Oz..
that's better than what I was getting in Melb. Of course, if I'm living
in a pub on 5quid/hr, spending every cent on beer and crap bike parts..
that's a different story.

The pound is good if you are earning it.

low-cost-of-living hippy

--
hippy

dej
October 13th 05, 01:41 AM
"hippy" > wrote in message

> EuanB Wrote:
>> It doesn't suck much less when you're spending UKP. Cost of living is
>> higher in UK than it is in Aus.
>
> Yeah, but if I'm getting paid in UKP it at least means I don't have to
> multiply everything by 2.5 to find the "true" cost. Earn 40k in UKP
> whilst squatting and eating stale bread and bring it back to Oz..
> that's better than what I was getting in Melb. Of course, if I'm living
> in a pub on 5quid/hr, spending every cent on beer and crap bike parts..
> that's a different story.
>
> The pound is good if you are earning it.
>
> low-cost-of-living hippy
>

> --
> hippy

yo hippy,
wiggle.co.uk isnt too bad..sometimes a bit cheaper than probikekit
condorcycles isnt bad either if in london..i'd avoid evans tho, they seem to
have crazy prices and even worse service (despite being all over the city)

Terry Collins
October 13th 05, 02:20 AM
Fraser Johnston wrote:
> www.fatnfast.com/bird/wheel.jpg
>
> I am absolutely flabbergasted.

I think I might be totally #$%#%$^%$^%$
Is that a Hub generator he's used?
Imagine it might be quite fscked by now.

Fraser Johnston
October 15th 05, 03:31 PM
"Terry Collins" > wrote in message
> Fraser Johnston wrote:
>> www.fatnfast.com/bird/wheel.jpg
>>
>> I am absolutely flabbergasted.
>
> I think I might be totally #$%#%$^%$^%$
> Is that a Hub generator he's used?
> Imagine it might be quite fscked by now.

Actually it was what started it. He uses it to run his own led lights that
he made.

Fraser

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home