PDA

View Full Version : new SRAM road shifters

adam85
October 13th 05, 11:46 PM
What do you think of the new SRAM road shifters? I like the concept, no
ugly cables, carbon levers for the bling factor, and hopefully good
shifting from all bar positions. I was wondering how the single lever
action was going to work...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005/shows/interbike05/?id=results/interbike0522

Adam

--
adam85

flyingdutch
October 14th 05, 12:07 AM
adam85 Wrote:
> What do you think of the new SRAM road shifters? I like the concept, no
> ugly cables, carbon levers for the bling factor, and hopefully good
> shifting from all bar positions. I was wondering how the single lever
> action was going to work...
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005/shows/interbike05/?id=results/interbike0522
>
> Adam

It's basically what sti SHOULD have been all along :D

no friggin cables, simplicity in parts/mechs and easier to
tweak/service/replace

--
flyingdutch

Bruce Dickson
October 14th 05, 01:11 AM
adam85 wrote:
> What do you think of the new SRAM road shifters? I like the concept, no
> ugly cables, carbon levers for the bling factor, and hopefully good
> shifting from all bar positions. I was wondering how the single lever
> action was going to work...
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005/shows/interbike05/?id=results/interbike0522
>
> Adam
>

> --
> adam85

I'm not sure I'd like the one lever does both idea. When I'm changing
gears for the sprint at the end of a race my fine motor skills are
somewhat lacking. Plus I love the Campag ergo feature of both multiple
up and down shifts.

Bruce.

Resound
October 14th 05, 01:59 AM
"adam85" > wrote in message

> What do you think of the new SRAM road shifters? I like the concept, no
> ugly cables, carbon levers for the bling factor, and hopefully good
> shifting from all bar positions. I was wondering how the single lever
> action was going to work...
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005/shows/interbike05/?id=results/interbike0522
>
> Adam
>

> --
> adam85

I like it overall, but then I'm only running Sora at the moment, so it'd
represent a serious upgrade for me in any case. The only thing I see that
make me onder is that the pivot for the brake lever seems a long was down
which could make braking from the hoods harder.

adam85
October 14th 05, 02:14 AM
Bruce Dickson Wrote:
> adam85 wrote:
> > What do you think of the new SRAM road shifters? I like the concept,
> no
> > ugly cables, carbon levers for the bling factor, and hopefully good
> > shifting from all bar positions. I was wondering how the single
> lever
> > action was going to work...
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/7elg4
> >
> > Adam
> >

> > --
> > adam85
>
> I'm not sure I'd like the one lever does both idea. When I'm changing
> gears for the sprint at the end of a race my fine motor skills are
> somewhat lacking. Plus I love the Campag ergo feature of both multiple
> up and down shifts.
>
> Bruce.

Me too, I'm just totally confident of shifting up using the campy thumb
button when sprinting in the drops, delicate I ain't at that point! :)

hopefully see you at Lakeside tomorrow morning Bruce!

Adam

--
adam85

Bruce Dickson
October 14th 05, 02:58 AM
adam85 wrote:

> hopefully see you at Lakeside tomorrow morning Bruce!

No, not this week. I've got some important sleeping in to do, and a few
things to do around the house, including a bike or two to put together.
I might do a few of the summer morning races but I like to have a
break, apparently there is more to life than cycling, so I've heard.

Bruce.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home