PDA

View Full Version : New bike shop in Sydney .. City Bike Depot

dgarry
October 14th 05, 03:14 AM
Hi all..
For people in Sydney just to let you know there's a new bikeshop
opening in Sydney CBD in the next couple of days..
City Bike Depot is opening at 305 Kent St .. It looks like they're
going to have some very nice bikes such as Cannondale, De Rosa, Look,
GT ..
Their website is 'www.citybikedepot.com.au'
(http://www.citybikedepot.com.au) .. Supposedly they're going to have a
coffee shop in-store as well ..

--
dgarry

gplama
October 14th 05, 03:37 AM
cool.. their bike finder tells me I need a "HTTP Error 404" bike..
hmm..

cheers,
GPL

--
gplama

osc
October 14th 05, 04:04 AM
gplama Wrote:
> cool.. their bike finder tells me I need a "HTTP Error 404" bike.. hmm..
>
> cheers,
> GPLMust be the latest hot ride, cause I need one of them too!

Stewart

--
osc

Parbs
October 14th 05, 07:33 AM
"dgarry" wrote in message...

>> Their website is 'www.citybikedepot.com.au'
> (http://www.citybikedepot.com.au) .. Supposedly they're going to have a
> coffee shop in-store as well ..

No supposed about it, the coffee was freely flowing at their commuter breakfast on Wednesday and was good.

Parbs

October 14th 05, 07:40 AM
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:14:37 +1000, dgarry > wrote:

> Hi all..
> For people in Sydney just to let you know there's a new bikeshop
> opening in Sydney CBD in the next couple of days..
> City Bike Depot is opening at 305 Kent St .. It looks like they're
> going to have some very nice bikes such as Cannondale, De Rosa, Look,
> GT ..
> Their website is 'www.citybikedepot.com.au'
> (http://www.citybikedepot.com.au) .. Supposedly they're going to have a
> coffee shop in-store as well ..

Have you worked for them for long?

dgarry
October 14th 05, 10:38 AM
Wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:14:37 +1000, dgarry
> > wrote:
>

> > Hi all..
> > For people in Sydney just to let you know there's a new bikeshop
> > opening in Sydney CBD in the next couple of days..
> > City Bike Depot is opening at 305 Kent St .. It looks like they're
> > going to have some very nice bikes such as Cannondale, De Rosa, Look,
> > GT ..
> > Their website is 'www.citybikedepot.com.au'
> > ('http://www.citybikedepot.com.au'
> (http://www.citybikedepot.com.au/)) .. Supposedly they're going to have
> > coffee shop in-store as well ..
>
> Have you worked for them for long?
Well it would be a bit of a commute from Melbourne... I might look at
working for a bikeshop a bit more local.. It's a friend of mine that is
opening the shop.. I think in Melbourne we're spoilt for choice when it
comes to bike shops but it's good to see another bike shop opening in
Sydney ..

--
dgarry

Terry Collins
October 14th 05, 01:41 PM
dgarry wrote:
> Hi all..
> For people in Sydney just to let you know there's a new bikeshop
> opening in Sydney CBD in the next couple of days..

I take it as a personal affront that we were not told of this BEFORE the
free breakfast.

dgarry
October 21st 05, 05:12 AM

Terry Collins Wrote:
> dgarry wrote:
> > Hi all..
> > For people in Sydney just to let you know there's a new bikeshop
> > opening in Sydney CBD in the next couple of days..
>
> I take it as a personal affront that we were not told of this BEFORE
> the
> free breakfast.
There's another free breakfast on November 9th..
http://www.citybikedepot.com.au/hub/docs/commuter_ride.pdf
Plenty of notice for you..

--
dgarry

Claes
October 21st 05, 08:30 AM
gplama Wrote:
> cool.. their bike finder tells me I need a "HTTP Error 404" bike..
> hmm..
>
> cheers,
> GPL
That is ok, 404 bike means it could not be found, you save lots of
cash. This error you do not want when you go looking for your bike that
you parked and locked up.

200 Bike is good.

202 Bike is after you have clinched a deal on a bike and paid.

300 Bike you get every time you enter a bike shop.

301 Bike you get when your missus have moved your bike into the shed,
from where it used to live, in the hallway.

302 Bike makes you releived, good when you go looking for your bike
that you parked and locked up.

304 Bike can be an old classic, an old banger, or just very new.

306 Bike is what most Beach road posers have.

402 Bike is what you get in the bike shop when you wanna walk out with
the newly discoverd wife..Err, bike.

410 Bike, see 404 bike, it is even more permanent.

417 Bike is not what you want from your new expensive bike.

If someone wonders WTF I am on about, check this:
'HTTP status codes'
(http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html)

--
Claes

scotty72
October 21st 05, 09:29 AM
Hi,

I don't wish to sound harsh but...

Tell your mate to fix the web site.

Ok, I understand that web sites take time, as a certain level of
expertise must be learnt, or hired.

However, it is full of typos, spellos, bad grammar & punctuation, etc.

These are unnecessary, easy to fix and just look silly... I'm not sure
that people really want to buy a bike from someone who looks silly.

Scotty

--
scotty72

Google