PDA

View Full Version : Route suggestion?

Jules
October 14th 05, 05:19 AM
What with all this lovely weather I've decided to start cycling to the
GFs house, so I'm looking for a good route (geddit?) from Richmond ->
Sunshine.

Most direct route preferred; I intend to shoot straight through the CBD
as it looks quickest. But if there are any nice(r) paths that are not
too far out of the way I'm interested in hearing about them.

I don't have any bicycle path maps, so I have NFI what paths exist on
that side of town.

Cheers,
Jules

Jules
October 14th 05, 05:20 AM
As per subject... forget to mention it.

Bean Long
October 14th 05, 06:48 AM
Jules,

I no longer live in Melb but several times took a route from Nth Balwyn
along the freeway then Yarra trail into the city. This then links with the
Maribyrnong trail via the docklands (this was not a clearly signed route
back then but may now be better since the development of the area). Once on
the Maribyrong you can follow the river to a number of 'burbs out west.

Have a good ride.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"Jules" > wrote in message
> What with all this lovely weather I've decided to start cycling to the
> GFs house, so I'm looking for a good route (geddit?) from Richmond ->
> Sunshine.
>
> Most direct route preferred; I intend to shoot straight through the CBD
> as it looks quickest. But if there are any nice(r) paths that are not
> too far out of the way I'm interested in hearing about them.
>
> I don't have any bicycle path maps, so I have NFI what paths exist on
> that side of town.
>
> Cheers,
> Jules

Marx SS
October 14th 05, 06:52 AM
Southbank > Docklands > Footsrcay Rd > ummm... errr... Sunshine Rd
maybe??

From there you'll have to read the back of the packet for directions..
he he... ;)

--
Marx SS

Craig
October 14th 05, 12:42 PM
Would avoid Sunshine Rd if possible. Two lanes of 80km/h traffic to contend
with. There is a much quieter road that runs aparallel on the other side of
the railway line.

"Marx SS" > wrote in message

> Southbank > Docklands > Footsrcay Rd > ummm... errr... Sunshine Rd
> maybe??
>

> From there you'll have to read the back of the packet for directions..
> he he... ;)
>

> --
> Marx SS

Catherine
November 4th 05, 01:31 PM
It could be worth your while calling or emailing BV and asking for a few
TravelSmart maps. The department of Infrastructure has made some great
Travelsmart maps of Melb CBD and western bike paths.

I know there are a few maps that cover Melbourne, Maribyrnong and Moonee
Valley which could be fun to look at.
http://www.travelsmart.vic.gov.au/web4/tsmart.nsf/AllDocs/503C46B86B8CA526CA257052001C4C63?OpenDocument&Expand=5.1.5&

BV at the usual place - 8636 8888 or

Catherine

"Craig" > wrote in message
. ..
> Would avoid Sunshine Rd if possible. Two lanes of 80km/h traffic to
> contend with. There is a much quieter road that runs aparallel on the
> other side of the railway line.
>

> "Marx SS" > wrote in message
>>
>> Southbank > Docklands > Footsrcay Rd > ummm... errr... Sunshine Rd
>> maybe??
>>

>> From there you'll have to read the back of the packet for directions..
>> he he... ;)
>>

>> --