PDA

View Full Version : Didn't think it would happen to me..

A5hi5M
October 16th 05, 09:13 AM
After reading all about how people manage to break spokes (Especially
Shimano R540) spokes, the "I haven't been cycling long enough to break
spokes" school of thought didn't seem to help me today.

Rang the LBS and "Shimano haven't had stock for about 8 weeks now" .. but
they will see if they can source one for me to have it fixed on wednesday,
else i guess ill be looking for new wheels.

Ash

aeek
October 16th 05, 10:57 AM
A5hi5M Wrote:
> After reading all about how people manage to break spokes (Especially
> Shimano R540) spokes, the "I haven't been cycling long enough to break
> spokes" school of thought didn't seem to help me today.
>
> Rang the LBS and "Shimano haven't had stock for about 8 weeks now" ..
> but
> they will see if they can source one for me to have it fixed on
> wednesday,
> else i guess ill be looking for new wheels.
>
> Ash

pick up another R540 wheelset for the spokes? Sounds like there should
be plenty with one broken spoke.

--
aeek

Bleve
October 17th 05, 02:00 AM
A5hi5M wrote:
> After reading all about how people manage to break spokes (Especially
> Shimano R540) spokes, the "I haven't been cycling long enough to break
> spokes" school of thought didn't seem to help me today.
>
> Rang the LBS and "Shimano haven't had stock for about 8 weeks now" .. but
> they will see if they can source one for me to have it fixed on wednesday,
> else i guess ill be looking for new wheels.

Ahha, yes. The 540/550 spoke problem ...

Bugger. My only suggestion would be to get some wheels made
up by your LBS with normal spokes, or, as another poster suggests,
buy one with a broken spoke, there'll be plenty out there.

If you're in Melb, try calling Cycle Science in Mitcham, I think
there's a
broken one there that may have a spoke or two that can be can be
raided.

> Ash

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home