GPL

Stuart Lamble
October 17th 05, 01:12 AM
On 2005-10-17, Glen > wrote:
> With our hospitals already overcrowded, it really annoys me to see so many
> Bicycle riders not wearing helmets.

Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
this particular need of ours.

Glen
October 17th 05, 01:26 AM
Stuart Lamb obviously doesn't wear a helmet, as he sounds like he has had a
few knocks to his head.

Stuart Sheep or Lamb whichever you like to be called, I am not a troll, and
I posted a legitimate thread, if you don't like it, no need to reply to it,
just go back to having sex with your sheep, Bahhhhhhhhhh!!!
Your a loser !!!!
"Stuart Lamble" > wrote in message
> On 2005-10-17, Glen > wrote:
>> With our hospitals already overcrowded, it really annoys me to see so
>> many
>> Bicycle riders not wearing helmets.
>
> Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
> these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
> this particular need of ours.
>
> --
> My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
> the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

Bleve
October 17th 05, 01:35 AM
Glen wrote:
> With our hospitals already overcrowded, it really annoys me to see so many
> Bicycle riders not wearing helmets.
> Why should we have to pay for these idiots if they come off with head
> injuries, and more important take up beds for really sick people.
> I live in Brisbane, and I see so many of these idiots, and the Police don't
> seem to give a toss about it.
> When will the Police get serious and slap on the spot fines to these idiots,
> and surly the news will spread, and maybe these idiots will start to obey
> the law, and free up hospital beds.

Troll, troll, troll your boat ...

GPLama
October 17th 05, 01:39 AM
"Glen" > wrote in message
> Your a loser !!!!

and "you're" bad at English... I'd even tell your ISP about it, but I'm sure
have better things to do...

Oh, and get a new angle before you start with your animal sex fantasies with
me... try something more original, I think the other kooks in here have
that one totally covered..

cheers,
GPL
:throwing stones re: bad English: :)

Humbug
October 17th 05, 01:43 AM
On 17/10/05 at 10:12:54 Stuart Lamble somehow managed to type:

> On 2005-10-17, Glen > wrote:
> > With our hospitals already overcrowded, it really annoys me to see
> > so many Bicycle riders not wearing helmets.
>
> Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
> these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
> this particular need of ours.

Yep, legend has it that goats are very good but I can never remember
which way to face while sacrificing the thing. I'm also a bit hazy on a
few other points, the preferred sex of the thing for a start - is a
female goat preferable to a male goat or is it the other way around ?
Are there any particular traits the goat should have apart from the
essential "goatness" of course ? What about the method of sacrifice -
is it all formal or can you just wing it with the handiest goat and a
sharp knife.

Perhaps this, and other vital goat subjects can be discussed on Friday
night...:-)

--
Humbug

cfsmtb
October 17th 05, 01:47 AM
Stuart Lamble Wrote:

> Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
> these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
> this particular need of ours.

Sic the goat onto Mike O'Connor - afterall he's probably inspired this
aimless troll to visit. Ho hum.

--
cfsmtb

Stuart Lamble
October 17th 05, 01:54 AM
On 2005-10-17, Humbug > wrote:
> On 17/10/05 at 10:12:54 Stuart Lamble somehow managed to type:
>> Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
>> these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
>> this particular need of ours.
>
> Yep, legend has it that goats are very good but I can never remember
> which way to face while sacrificing the thing. I'm also a bit hazy on a
> few other points, the preferred sex of the thing for a start - is a
> female goat preferable to a male goat or is it the other way around ?

Well, in dealing with trolls, it's not a goat sacrifice -- rather, you
get yourself a good quality billy goat, and just send it trotting up to
the bridge the troll lives under. Results are pretty much guaranteed
from that point, I believe.

> Perhaps this, and other vital goat subjects can be discussed on Friday
> night...:-)

I intend to be there this week (sickness precluded my attendance last
time, alas.)

Stuart Lamble
October 17th 05, 02:01 AM
On 2005-10-17, GPLama > wrote:
> "Glen" > wrote in message
>> Your a loser !!!!
>
> and "you're" bad at English... I'd even tell your ISP about it, but I'm sure
> have better things to do...

They probably do, but I like to report matters like this on general
principle. I figure that if a given poster is sufficiently annoying,
there'll be a history of posts like this, and once that history gets
long enough, well ... why spoil the excitement?

> Oh, and get a new angle before you start with your animal sex fantasies with
> me... try something more original, I think the other kooks in here have
> that one totally covered..

Not wrong. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that incredibly
original slant on my name, I'd be retired in the Bahamas by now. Some
people have no imagination whatsoever. Good to see that the trolls are
keeping up that track record.

flyingdutch
October 17th 05, 02:03 AM
Glen Wrote:
> Stuart Lamb obviously doesn't wear a helmet, as he sounds like he has
> had a
> few knocks to his head.
>
> Stuart Sheep or Lamb whichever you like to be called, I am not a troll,
> and
> I posted a legitimate thread, if you don't like it, no need to reply to
> it,
> just go back to having sex with your sheep, Bahhhhhhhhhh!!!
> Your a loser !!!!

I fear, Stuart, you have met your intellectual match :D

I agree with Glen!!!

Why the Feck dont all these idiots wear a helmet and stop filling up
our hospitals, etc with 'headcases' ?????
I'm sure they could sell colour-coded helmets to match their cars...
:rolleyes:

--
flyingdutch

cfsmtb
October 17th 05, 02:04 AM
Humbug Wrote:

> Perhaps this, and other vital goat subjects can be discussed on Friday
> night...:-)

Goat Sacrifice this Friday evening:
http://tinyurl.com/br25h

--
cfsmtb

TimC
October 17th 05, 02:13 AM
On 2005-10-17, Humbug (aka Bruce)
> On 17/10/05 at 10:12:54 Stuart Lamble somehow managed to type:
>> Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
>> these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
>> this particular need of ours.
>
> Yep, legend has it that goats are very good but I can never remember
> which way to face while sacrificing the thing. I'm also a bit hazy on a
> few other points, the preferred sex of the thing for a start - is a
> female goat preferable to a male goat or is it the other way around ?

Surely it depends on whether you are having trouble with a female or
male SCSI[1] connector, isn't it?

[1] I am typing this on a host named "scuzzie", so of course had
trouble tyoping this out.

--
TimC

Terry Collins
October 17th 05, 02:26 AM
Glen wrote:
> I live in Brisbane, and I see so many of these idiots, and the Police don't
> seem to give a toss about it.
> When will the Police get serious and
start shooting unlicened motorist.
These people are serial offenders and will not follow court orders
So they should be shot on the spot. this will make our roads safer for
everyone and save expensive hospital beds.

SteveA
October 17th 05, 03:03 AM
Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> On 2005-10-17, Glen > wrote:
> > With our hospitals already overcrowded, it really annoys me to see so
> many
> > Bicycle riders not wearing helmets.
>
> Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
> these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
> this particular need of ours.
>
> --
> My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me,
> and
> the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".
I blame engineers. They're the ones who build the bridges under which
the trolls live. C'mon all the a.b engineers, design a troll-proof
bridge :D

Anyway, more hospital beds are taken up as a result of smoking,
drinking and lack of exercise than anything cycling related. And if
you look in the trauma wards, you would find the vast majority to be
motor vehicle accident related, not cycling related.

SteveA

--
SteveA

flyingdutch
October 17th 05, 03:33 AM
SteveA Wrote:
> I blame engineers.
> SteveA

Excellent point. I blame engineers too! for everything!!

SteveA Wrote:

> Anyway, more hospital beds are taken up as a result of smoking,
> drinking and lack of exercise than anything cycling related. And if
> you look in the trauma wards, you would find the vast majority to be
> motor vehicle accident related, not cycling related.
>
> SteveA

eggsellent point! Hence me suggesting all drivers wear helmets. did i
see a recent article on this being testing in europe somewhere?

Flying"wants to be in europe somewhere"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

sinus
October 17th 05, 03:36 AM
Stuart Lamble Wrote:
> I figure that if a given poster is sufficiently annoying, there'll be a
> history of posts like this, and once that history gets long enough,
> well ... why spoil the excitement?

This one was a rank amateur. Sucked no-one in. Did not even have the
patience to develop a presence on a.b.

It's a sad indictement of our education system that even trolls have
not developed the basic grammar to express themselves or thinking
capabilities required to put together a thread that will result in at
least one bite.

At least a good troll can be entertaining.

--
sinus

Stuart Lamble
October 17th 05, 03:48 AM
On 2005-10-17, sinus > wrote:
> This one was a rank amateur.

Yes, this is true.

> At least a good troll can be entertaining.

True enough. Kiddies these days don't appreciate the art form to
trolling; a good quality troll should leave *subtle* hints that it's a
troll, whilst still being of sufficient veracity to be able to draw in
the replies. Those that pick up on the hints can enjoy the fun, whilst
those that don't ... won't.

I'd never report a good quality troll as an abuse of the system ... but
it's been a long, long time since I saw such a beast. It's probably the
sheer lack of subtlety that made me report this one -- trolling is fun,
but to blunder about like that says to me he's better off being put out
of our misery.

John Pitts
October 17th 05, 05:35 AM
On 2005-10-17, SteveA > wrote:
> I blame engineers. They're the ones who build the bridges under which
> the trolls live. C'mon all the a.b engineers, design a troll-proof
> bridge :D

Wouldn't stop them. Now they live in tunnels as well.
<http://tinyurl.com/94rg6>
--
John >
(Remove hat before emailing)

SteveA
October 17th 05, 06:41 AM
John Pitts Wrote:
> On 2005-10-17, SteveA >
> wrote:
> > I blame engineers. They're the ones who build the bridges under which
> > the trolls live. C'mon all the a.b engineers, design a troll-proof
> > bridge :D
>
> Wouldn't stop them. Now they live in tunnels as well.
> <http://tinyurl.com/94rg6>
> --
> John >
> (Remove hat before emailing)
They're 'tolls' in them there tunnels, not 'trolls' as far as I can see
:D

I had to click a couple of links on the Cross City Tunnel site to find
out which city is the 'Cross City'. No surprise there - it's Sydney.
:D

Is Melbourne the 'Just A Bit Annoyed City"?

SteveA

--
SteveA

dave
October 17th 05, 07:25 AM
Glen wrote:
> With our hospitals already overcrowded, it really annoys me to see so many
> Bicycle riders not wearing helmets.
> Why should we have to pay for these idiots if they come off with head
> injuries, and more important take up beds for really sick people.
> I live in Brisbane, and I see so many of these idiots, and the Police don't
> seem to give a toss about it.
> When will the Police get serious and slap on the spot fines to these idiots,
> and surly the news will spread, and maybe these idiots will start to obey
> the law, and free up hospital beds.

Cops are realists. Its built into the job. Regardless of what you in
your opinion (doubless very informed and vastly experienced) the cops
will do whats easy and pays off.

Nicking motorists for well anything will stop more head injuries than
every cyclist in the world wearing a helmet everywhere they go,
including bed and shower. As Tim proved banning 4wds from Hawthorn
would also inpact significantly on head injuries. (Hitting them for
parking in bike lanes, failing to indicate, failing to show due care and
attention, using the mobile while turning right with one hand on the
wheel lighting a cigarette while turning left with one hand on the wheel
just to describe what I saw on the commute home, would also impact far more)

You remind me of the guy on the bike path yesterday who yelled out..
bloody pushbikes... get on the road where you belong. I thought about
asking if he actually knew he was on a bike path but decided my grasp on
reality and his were so different communication was impossible. Its
like talking to an alien species

One that lives under bridges methinks.

dave
October 17th 05, 07:35 AM
Terry Collins wrote:
> Glen wrote:
>
>>I live in Brisbane, and I see so many of these idiots, and the Police don't
>>seem to give a toss about it.
>>When will the Police get serious and
>
> start shooting unlicened motorist.
> These people are serial offenders and will not follow court orders
> So they should be shot on the spot. this will make our roads safer for
> everyone and save expensive hospital beds.

Before that. start with using mobiles while turning. An instant death
penalty offence.

Sadly often not for the driver.

To the woman in the gold 350 SLC mercedes who turned across a roady..
forced him to break and swerve.. finally stopped across his path. with
one hand on the wheel and still talking into your phone. God will get
you.. TO the roady damm fine bit of riding mate

Kim
October 17th 05, 09:42 PM
TimC wrote:
> On 2005-10-17, Humbug (aka Bruce)
>
>>On 17/10/05 at 10:12:54 Stuart Lamble somehow managed to type:
>>
>>>Somebody please send for a goat. We need something to get rid of all
>>>these trolls, and I'm pretty sure goats have the best track record on
>>>this particular need of ours.
>>
>>Yep, legend has it that goats are very good but I can never remember
>>which way to face while sacrificing the thing. I'm also a bit hazy on a
>>few other points, the preferred sex of the thing for a start - is a
>>female goat preferable to a male goat or is it the other way around ?
>
> Surely it depends on whether you are having trouble with a female or
> male SCSI[1] connector, isn't it?

nah, thats chickens ... cane knife, plastic drop sheet, etc...

> [1] I am typing this on a host named "scuzzie", so of course had
> trouble tyoping this out.

cheers,

kim

Google