PDA

View Full Version : Cross City Tunnel - Unsafe for cyclists

scotty72
October 19th 05, 10:18 PM
I was sent a photo that really shows up the treatment given to cyclists
Vs Motorists by the CCT people.

Check out the photo from the tele first.

'_http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/xctunnelbikelane.jpg_'
(http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/xctunnelbikelane.jpg)

Then Michael's Photo

'_http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/CCT_Bike_lane_sml.jpg_'
(http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/CCT_Bike_lane_sml.jpg)

And they say we can't use the CCT because it is not safe for
cyclists...???

Good luck with the buses...

Scotty

--
scotty72

Marty
October 19th 05, 11:49 PM
scotty72 wrote:
> I was sent a photo that really shows up the treatment given to cyclists
> Vs Motorists by the CCT people.
>
> Check out the photo from the tele first.
>
> '_http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/xctunnelbikelane.jpg_'
> (http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/xctunnelbikelane.jpg)
>
> Then Michael's Photo
>
> '_http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/CCT_Bike_lane_sml.jpg_'
> (http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/CCT_Bike_lane_sml.jpg)
>
> And they say we can't use the CCT because it is not safe for
> cyclists...???
>
> Good luck with the buses...
>
> Scotty

I notice there's a lovely wide footpath with nobody on it.

Marty

Resound
October 20th 05, 02:08 AM
Marty Wrote:
> scotty72 wrote:
> > I was sent a photo that really shows up the treatment given to
> cyclists
> > Vs Motorists by the CCT people.
> >
> > Check out the photo from the tele first.
> >
> > '_http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/xctunnelbikelane.jpg_'
> > (http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/xctunnelbikelane.jpg)
> >
> > Then Michael's Photo
> >
> > '_http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/CCT_Bike_lane_sml.jpg_'
> > (http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/CCT_Bike_lane_sml.jpg)
> >
> > And they say we can't use the CCT because it is not safe for
> > cyclists...???
> >
> > Good luck with the buses...
> >
> > Scotty
> >

> I notice there's a lovely wide footpath with nobody on it.
>
> Marty
Tough call. The footpath looses because of illegality and I don't like
reinforcing the idea that that's where bike belong. On the other hand,
the tunnel is going to be choked with exhaust and motorists down there
are going to be looking for bikes even less than usual. Those busses
are a bit scary though. I'm thinking I'd probably occupy the main
traffic lane as I went past the stopped busses.

--
Resound

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home