PDA

View Full Version : My revamped roadie is finally on the road

JayWoo
October 24th 05, 07:51 AM
::For that last 6 months or so I’ve been planning and finally building
my new ride.::

::I’m not into “off the shelf” and couldn’t afford to do it that way
either as I have had my heart set on a Cervélo R2.5 since they 1st came
out back in 03/04. So the plan was to get the frameset and whack the not
so old Ultegra 9sp & cockpit from my then current bits-a onto it. I also
ended up buying a new Easton Orion II wheelset to replace the 3 yr old
Mavic Ksyrium’s.::

::I looked into the whole custom wheel build thing, but it all got too
hard getting the rim\hub combo that I wanted, so I took the easy road
here.::

::A couple of weeks back I stripped the Groupset from the old bike and
gave it a good old clean to get it lookin’ shhmick. I’ve had her on the
bike stand in the bedroom putting her together like a kid with a model
aeroplane. Time wasn’t too much of a problem as I was out with knee
problems, which kept me off the bike anyway.::

::With the final bits going on Friday night, tweaking up the brakes and
gears on the rollers Saturday night, Sunday was the 1st ride on her.::

::Still not up to speed in the leg department, I only took her for a
20km ride up Studley Park Rd\High St to get a feel on how she climbs,
mmmm… noice. I was sporting a big grin the whole time! On the way back
I noticed that the cranks had a little bit of play, but apart from that
it’s running smooth as. ::
::I’ve now got the perfect mountain goat for my 1st attempt on the
Alpine Classic… just need the meat motor to power her now!::
:: ::

::And of course there was a photo shoot before the 1st ride;::

'_::http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywoo/::_'
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywoo/)

--
JayWoo

essendon93
October 24th 05, 09:29 AM
::::

Thats a sweeeett looking ride. What gearing are you going to use for
the alpine?

--
essendon93

aeek
October 24th 05, 10:16 AM
JayWoo Wrote:
> ::I also ended up buying a new Easton Orion II wheelset::

Is the rim colour scheme deliberate or fortunate? Either way, looks
sweet.

--
aeek

JayWoo
October 24th 05, 10:25 AM

--
JayWoo

JayWoo
October 24th 05, 10:29 AM
aeek Wrote:
> Is the rim colour scheme deliberate or fortunate? Either way, looks
> sweet.Yeah, I'm seriously thinkin' of pulling off the Easton stickers. I'm not
used to so much colour:confused: Though it was down to the technical
spec of the wheelset that sold me in the end. The colour scheme was a
bonus.

--
JayWoo

Google