PDA

View Full Version : FR 4 - Open invite to Fixed Ride 4 Cup day: 730am Tue 1st Nov (now with Singlespeeds)

PiledHigher
October 25th 05, 02:59 AM
All,

Just a quick note to invite all comers to fixed ride 4 (& SS)

Can I suggest:

730 am at Gunters (Elsternwick opposite the railway station)
Melbourne Cup Day

As per the previous FR's
FR suggestion:

Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
glenhuntley crosses the railway line)

Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
Cross Dandy road
Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
bit on beach road)

Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
tower for a re-group.

Left at warrigal rd
left at como pde (before railwayline)
Left at balcome road
To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
Right onto glenhuntly

Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
not made by me)

For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2, FR3 threads.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf

Distance 35.5k for the loop described
Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
perfect gear.

Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.

PiledHigher

--
PiledHigher

PiledHigher
October 25th 05, 03:14 AM
And tell us if you are coming and we'll wait!

Apparently I am a fan of a punctual start!!!

--
PiledHigher

JayWoo
October 25th 05, 03:14 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> All,
>
> Just a quick note to invite all comers to fixed ride 4 (& SS)
>
> PiledHigher
Noice. I'm up.

Jay (in brackets) Woo

--
JayWoo

Resound
October 25th 05, 04:22 AM
"PiledHigher" > wrote in
message ...

> All,
>
> Just a quick note to invite all comers to fixed ride 4 (& SS)
>
> Can I suggest:
>
> 730 am at Gunters (Elsternwick opposite the railway station)
> Melbourne Cup Day
>
> As per the previous FR's
> FR suggestion:
>
> Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
> glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
>
> Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
> Cross Dandy road
> Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
> Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
> bit on beach road)
>
> Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
> trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
> beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
> tower for a re-group.
>
> Left at warrigal rd
> left at como pde (before railwayline)
> Left at balcome road
> To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
> Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
> Right onto glenhuntly
>
> Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
> not made by me)
>
> For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2, FR3 threads.
>
> http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
>
> Distance 35.5k for the loop described
> Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
> Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
> Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
> perfect gear.
>
> Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
>
> PiledHigher
>

> --
> PiledHigher

As long as I don't have to start work early in Kew, I'm there.

flyingdutch
October 25th 05, 04:58 AM
I'm in.

but just to correct you, the tri-hard-letes are the ones riding funny
bikes :D

I'm bailing if it's wet tho. have to go practice on the fixie soon to
reaquaint myself

--
flyingdutch

PiledHigher
October 25th 05, 05:50 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:

> I'm bailing if it's wet tho. have to go practice on the fixie soon to
> reaquaint myself

Just watch out for the imaginary bumps!

--
PiledHigher

Gags
October 25th 05, 11:54 AM
"PiledHigher" > wrote in
message ...

> All,
>
> Just a quick note to invite all comers to fixed ride 4 (& SS)
>
> Can I suggest:
>
> 730 am at Gunters (Elsternwick opposite the railway station)
> Melbourne Cup Day
>
> As per the previous FR's
> FR suggestion:
>
> Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
> glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
>
> Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
> Cross Dandy road
> Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
> Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
> bit on beach road)
>
> Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
> trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
> beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
> tower for a re-group.
>
> Left at warrigal rd
> left at como pde (before railwayline)
> Left at balcome road
> To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
> Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
> Right onto glenhuntly
>
> Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
> not made by me)
>
> For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2, FR3 threads.
>
> http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
>
> Distance 35.5k for the loop described
> Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
> Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
> Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
> perfect gear.
>
> Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
>
> PiledHigher
>
> --
> PiledHigher

Sounds like it could be fun......I will be there if I can get a leave pass
from the missus. I hope that no-one thinks that I am trying to compensate
for something when I rock up with my 79.2" gear!!!!

Ride On,

Gags

Koon Yong
October 26th 05, 11:16 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> All,
>
> Just a quick note to invite all comers to fixed ride 4 (& SS)
>
> Can I suggest:
>
> 730 am at Gunters (Elsternwick opposite the railway station)
> Melbourne Cup Day
>
> PiledHigher

Unfortunately, I'll be flying out to Singapore on that very day ... so
no ride for me.

May the fix be with you.

Cheers
Koon

--
Koon Yong

PiledHigher
October 26th 05, 11:34 PM
Gags Wrote:

> Sounds like it could be fun......I will be there if I can get a leave
> pass
> from the missus. I hope that no-one thinks that I am trying to
> compensate
> for something when I rock up with my 79.2" gear!!!!
>
> Ride On,
>
> Gags

Your inability to spin?

--
PiledHigher

JayWoo
October 27th 05, 01:43 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> All,
>
> Just a quick note to invite all comers to fixed ride 4 (& SS)

Off topic, but still with a 1x1 Melb event theme. I was reading last
night that this weeks Monday Night Mayhem could be the last. I'm
finally at a stage where I feel fit enough to have some fun at this so
this was going to be my 1st, and could be my last. So if you had any
thoughts of checking this out, this would be the week to do it.

http://shifterbikes.homestead.com/MondayNightMayhem.html

Go to the home page for the latest info.

--
JayWoo

JayWoo
October 30th 05, 09:56 PM
PiledHigher Wrote:
> And tell us if you are coming and we'll wait!
>
> Apparently I am a fan of a punctual start!!!
Looks like work could be bending me over:mad: So I may not be able to
make it.

--
JayWoo

flyingdutch
October 31st 05, 11:28 AM
JayWoo Wrote:
> Looks like work could be bending me over:mad: So I may not be able to
> make it.
TB1 all 'fixed' :D

strange noises comin from rear tho :(
sounds like sand in me chain ? only been hangin in shed altho perhaps
with latest winds it has got all dirty?

i needs me one of these :D
http://tinyurl.com/dp335

hhmmm. shinnnyyy :D

--
flyingdutch

SteveA
October 31st 05, 01:43 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> TB1 all 'fixed' :D
>
> strange noises comin from rear tho :(
> sounds like sand in me chain ? only been hangin in shed altho perhaps
> with latest winds it has got all dirty?
>
> i needs me one of these :D
> http://tinyurl.com/dp335
>
> hhmmm. shinnnyyy :D

Oi, didn't you swear off them Bianchi bikes?

:D :eek: :( :D :eek: :( ..........

SteveA

--
SteveA

flyingdutch
November 1st 05, 06:13 AM
SteveA Wrote:
> Oi, didn't you swear off them Bianchi bikes?
>
> :D :eek: :( :D :eek: :( ..........
>
> SteveA

I aint dissin Bianchi's per se. Just a certain retailer and their
'warranty' policy :rolleyes:

today's ride. 2 punctures. PH - 1. Myself one.

Muffins a little below 'best-ever' status :rolleyes:
(altho seeing as i had to bot $ off Bikesoiler, they tasted better :D.
More GOATage owed...)

--
flyingdutch

JayWoo
November 1st 05, 07:31 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:

> today's ride. 2 punctures. PH - 1. Myself one.
>
> Dya-get yours on the way home? They were a serious lookin'
bunch-a-riders along Beach rd today as someone pointed out. Not smile
amongst them. Or is that the norm? PH and myself went to chase down
some big time TTers, but thought the better of it:rolleyes: I was
running 75.6 GI, which I'd tried for the 1st time the night before to
try and combat the Couriers in the Cup Eve Allycat. Worked a treat for
Beach rd. It's now back to 70GI for 'commute' mode. Twoz a noice way to
spend da mornin'.
Hey FD, you got any of those flipflops ya been pushin'?

--
JayWoo

flyingdutch
November 1st 05, 09:36 AM
JayWoo Wrote:

> Hey FD, you got any of those flipflops ya been pushin'?

chasin? chasin??

Aye!

I can bring along to Kew Crits if you can make it. Let me know
tonight/mornin if you can?

--
flyingdutch

flyingdutch
November 1st 05, 09:38 AM
As i cruised home, heard a 'Hey, Dutchy' being yelled out.

The lesser-spotted NickNoZXR no doubt!
When i asked where the heck he was this morning he replied with the
'only comeback'... "IN BED!" :D

--
flyingdutch

JayWoo
November 1st 05, 10:45 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> chasin? chasin??
>
> Aye!
>
> I can bring along to Kew Crits if you can make it. Let me know
> tonight/mornin if you can?(Sweaty palms, darting eyes) Oh oh, wHaTss thE sSpecs?! To-tomorra might
be too soon?! **** ****, (thinking, thinking, mind wont stand still!!…
If I burg some houses tanite, then drop by ‘smak-convertas’?!…)

--
JayWoo

Resound
November 1st 05, 11:29 AM
Was working today, so it couldn't happen :( Commuted on the fix though.

NoZX6R
November 2nd 05, 09:22 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> As i cruised home, heard a 'Hey, Dutchy' being yelled out.
>
> The lesser-spotted NickNoZXR no doubt!
> When i asked where the heck he was this morning he replied with the
> 'only comeback'... "IN BED!" :D

at least I was honest. Didn't someone make up some bs excuse about
Fathers' Day last time? ;)

And I still made it out for a FR, even if it wasn't 'the' FR. But then,
most of my rides are FRs these days.

Actually, I'm surprised you recognised me - you haven't seen that bike
before (unless you've been stalking me).

--
Nick

flyingdutch
November 2nd 05, 09:50 AM
NoZX6R Wrote:
> flyingdutch wrote:
> > As i cruised home, heard a 'Hey, Dutchy' being yelled out.
> >
> > The lesser-spotted NickNoZXR no doubt!
> > When i asked where the heck he was this morning he replied with the
> > 'only comeback'... "IN BED!" :D
> >

> at least I was honest. Didn't someone make up some bs excuse about
> Fathers' Day last time? ;)
>
> And I still made it out for a FR, even if it wasn't 'the' FR. But
> then,
> most of my rides are FRs these days.
>
> Actually, I'm surprised you recognised me - you haven't seen that bike
> before (unless you've been stalking me).
>
> --
> Nick

Oi! the Father's Day excuse was jen-you-ine!

and besides recognising you is easy. you gots a funny shaped head :D

--
flyingdutch

NoZX6R
November 2nd 05, 10:49 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> NoZX6R Wrote:
>
>>flyingdutch wrote:
>>
>>>As i cruised home, heard a 'Hey, Dutchy' being yelled out.
>>>
>>>The lesser-spotted NickNoZXR no doubt!
>>>When i asked where the heck he was this morning he replied with the
>>>'only comeback'... "IN BED!" :D
>>>

>>at least I was honest. Didn't someone make up some bs excuse about
>>Fathers' Day last time? ;)
>>
>>And I still made it out for a FR, even if it wasn't 'the' FR. But
>>then,
>>most of my rides are FRs these days.
>>
>>Actually, I'm surprised you recognised me - you haven't seen that bike
>>before (unless you've been stalking me).
>>
>>--
>>Nick
>

> Oi! the Father's Day excuse was jen-you-ine!
>
> and besides recognising you is easy. you gots a funny shaped head :D

oh right, that makes sense. Lots of people stare at me anyway and PH
recognised me on the street from a distance a while ago :)

--
Nick

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home