PDA

View Full Version : Anyone after a 53cm fixie/ss candidate in Bris?

Andrew
October 26th 05, 12:28 AM
Spotted at the Lifeline off Vulture St in the Gabba:

Bauer 'Momentum 1000', handbuilt in New Zealand from Reynolds 500 Cro-Mo,
sold by Lifecycle originally. Paint is average, some scrapes and rust. 53 cm
centre-centre top and seat tube. 2 bottle mounts, single fender/rack mount
front/rear.

Full 300EX groupset, 14 speed, Biopace and 170mm cranks, dual pivot brakes,
but the rear's missing the mounting nut, and the front lever's a bit
trashed.

Sakae bars with Modolo anatomic bend, 100mm stem, Rigida 13-20 rims, both
need truing and sidewalls on tyres are down to the fabric. Viscount saddle
on fluted post.

Rear dropouts are 126mm wide and have threads for adjustment screws, only
20mm long, but another 10mm that hasn't been milled out.

---------
There's also a 57cm c-c top/seat frame in rattlecan yellow, in godawful
condition, blown spokes, rusty chrome rims, wingnut QR on the front with 3
snapped wings. No brazeons or fender mounts anywhere, 35mm long dropouts,
cool three arm crank (not cottered)

The price? $25 each.

Andrew.

sinus
October 26th 05, 09:26 AM
Andrew Wrote:
> Spotted at the Lifeline off Vulture St in the Gabba:
>
> Bauer 'Momentum 1000', handbuilt in New Zealand from Reynolds 500
> Cro-Mo,
> sold by Lifecycle originally. Paint is average, some scrapes and rust.
> 53 cm
> centre-centre top and seat tube. 2 bottle mounts, single fender/rack
> mount
> front/rear.
>

> The price? $25 each.
>
> Andrew.
Awww. I've been looking for a 52 or 53 for months now. There's so many
54's and 56's but they're just not right for this short ars*. Nothing
seems to come up for a reasonable price or I am too slow or THEY'RE IN
BRISBANE.

I am currently running semi vertical drops that just happen to work OK
with 56X18 until the chain gets a little old. And mightily sick of it.

--
sinus

Andrew
October 26th 05, 01:20 PM
Want me to buy it if it's still there, strip the frame and courier it to
you?

$25 for the frame, $20 or so for a courier gets you a handbuilt Reynolds 500
frame...

"sinus" > wrote in message
> Awww. I've been looking for a 52 or 53 for months now. There's so many
> 54's and 56's but they're just not right for this short ars*. Nothing
> seems to come up for a reasonable price or I am too slow or THEY'RE IN
> BRISBANE.
>
> I am currently running semi vertical drops that just happen to work OK
> with 56X18 until the chain gets a little old. And mightily sick of it.
>

> --
> sinus

sinus
October 26th 05, 11:28 PM
Andrew Wrote:
> Want me to buy it if it's still there, strip the frame and courier it to
> you?
>
> $25 for the frame, $20 or so for a courier gets you a handbuilt
> Reynolds 500
> frame...

Would love you to. Contact me if you can get it and we can organise
from there.

cheers

--
sinus

Andrew
October 27th 05, 12:51 AM
Can't find an email address for you, even after registering at
cyclingforums. Have PM'd you. If you didn't get it, email me at:

ahblake
at
gmail
dot
com.

"sinus" > wrote in message
> Would love you to. Contact me if you can get it and we can organise
> from there.
>
> cheers
>

> --
> sinus