PDA

View Full Version : A new ride :-)))))))))))

flyingdutch
October 26th 05, 10:15 PM
Dutchy gets a new bike? again??

nope.

My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?

But first things, first.
A HUGE thank you to those of you
who cared enough about BV to vote,
and even more if you voted for me :D

Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.

And lastly, an apology.
I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
I'm going to give this my best shot

fanx again
FlyingDutch

--
flyingdutch

ritcho
October 26th 05, 10:20 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D
>
> Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
>
> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot
>
> fanx again
> FlyingDutch

Congratulations! Now for the fun part...

Ritch

--
ritcho

alison_b
October 26th 05, 10:32 PM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D
>
> Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
>
> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot
>
> fanx again
> FlyingDutch
woohoo! Congratulations...

(so will the chalked notes now change to reflect the new position? :D
I've kind of got used to seeing you/them everywhere...)

cheers,
ali

--
alison_b

SuzieB
October 26th 05, 10:38 PM
Congo Rats FD! :D I hope you enjoy the experience.

--
SuzieB

A5Hi5M
October 26th 05, 10:47 PM
"flyingdutch" > wrote in
message ...

> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D
>
> Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
>
> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot
>
> fanx again
> FlyingDutch
>

> --
> flyingdutch

Congratulations! Good luck with your endeavours there :)

Ash

monsterman
October 26th 05, 11:09 PM
Conflagellations!! Get in & shake sh*t up!:)

--
monsterman

GPLama
October 26th 05, 11:38 PM
bloody hell! Now I'll have to renew my membership.

Onya Dutch, good to see someone who is involved in cycling at all levels
voted in... and you're from HCC too! :)

Champagne on the BR this week? :)

cheers,
GPL

Bean Long
October 27th 05, 12:05 AM
Woohoo! I told you the revolution was here!!!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"flyingdutch" > wrote in
message ...

> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D
>
> Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
>
> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot
>
> fanx again
> FlyingDutch
>

> --
> flyingdutch

TimC
October 27th 05, 12:07 AM
On 2005-10-26, monsterman (aka Bruce)

> Conflagellations!! Get in & shake sh*t up!:)

Conflagrations and/or deflagrations indeed! :)

--
TimC
It involves a static strap and absolutely no silk underwear.

warrwych
October 27th 05, 12:20 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D
>
> Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
>
> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot
>
> fanx again
> FlyingDutch

Wot Monsterman said!! :D :D :D

Well Done FD - and may the force be with you! :D

--
warrwych

Bleve
October 27th 05, 12:37 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D

congrats, FD. All the best, I hope the process doesn't turn you
into Mark Latham! Remember, it's not a crime to make mistakes
as a politician, it's a crime to have a closed mind!

Humbug
October 27th 05, 12:50 AM
On 27/10/05 at 07:15:12 flyingdutch somehow managed to type:

> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA for FD - it just goes to prove that if you use enough chalk
anything's possible....

Good on ya...:-)

--
Humbug

Tamyka Bell
October 27th 05, 01:02 AM
warrwych wrote:

> flyingdutch Wrote:
> > Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
> >
> > nope.
> >
> > My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> > AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> > A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
> >
> > But first things, first.
> > A HUGE thank you to those of you
> > who cared enough about BV to vote,
> > and even more if you voted for me :D
> >
> > Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> > ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
> >
> > And lastly, an apology.
> > I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> > overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> > contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> > I'm going to give this my best shot
> >
> > fanx again
> > FlyingDutch
>
> Wot Monsterman said!! :D :D :D
>
> Well Done FD - and may the force be with you! :D
>
> --
> warrwych

I think we need LotteBum on BQ

Tam

cfsmtb
October 27th 05, 01:07 AM
Yeah, good on yer.......

........Now get down to work! :D

--
cfsmtb

SuzieB
October 27th 05, 01:08 AM
Humbug Wrote:
> YEA for FD - it just goes to prove that if you use enough chalk
> anything's possible....
>
> Humbug
Maybe Kim Beazley will try that method for his next campaign... who
needs TV advertising!

--
SuzieB

essendon93
October 27th 05, 01:12 AM
Onya Dutchy Top effort :D

--
essendon93

monsterman
October 27th 05, 01:16 AM
TimC Wrote:
> On 2005-10-26, monsterman (aka Bruce)
> >
> > Conflagellations!! Get in & shake sh*t up!:)
>
> Conflagrations and/or deflagrations indeed! :)
>
> --
> TimC
> It involves a static strap and absolutely no silk underwear.
> -- magical truthsaying ******* roney in ARK
Tim, who is "Bruce"??

--
monsterman

Marx SS
October 27th 05, 01:48 AM
Good one FD.
So where's the place the brown paper bags get left for you then?

--
Marx SS

JayWoo
October 27th 05, 01:54 AM

Good ****!:D Looks like I'm signing up again:eek:

--
JayWoo

suzyj
October 27th 05, 03:19 AM
Dutchy wrote:

> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, congrats!

Do ya get a free BV bike with your board membership? Maybe ya can get
the "stretch executive" model?

Cheers,

Suzy

--
suzyj

EuanB
October 27th 05, 03:43 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:

> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot

You have nothing to apologise for. You've done something admirable
and brave, you've put your head well above the parapets. A lot of
people say stuff on this forum, a lot of people whine and bitch. There
are very few who actually /do/ something.

You won't please everyone all the time but you're a good bloke and
you'll do your best. Bravo, well done and for what it's worth you have
my support, such as it is.

Time for me and the boss to start thinking globally and acting
locally.

Thank YOU Dutchy, you're putting your time and money where your mouth
is. If they match up you'll do just fine :-)

--
EuanB

EuanB
October 27th 05, 03:45 AM
EuanB Wrote:

> Thank YOU Dutchy, you're putting your time and money where your mouth
> is. If they match up you'll do just fine :-)

I know it's bad form to follow up on one's post but had to correct
something.

Thank YOU Dutchy, you're continally putting your time and money where
your mouth is. If they continue to match up you'll do just fine.

--
EuanB

MikeyOz
October 27th 05, 04:03 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D
>
> Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
>
> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot
>
> fanx again
> FlyingDutch
Congrats and Good Luck...!! I know I could not handle a job like
that.... I steer clear at the first hint of politics.... looking
forward to seeing Bike Paths become more prevalent then roads in your
tenure, including Bike Toll ways!!!! :)

and a Carbon Fibre road bike all people taking part in the next years
Great Victorian Bike Ride!!

--
MikeyOz

coowoowoo
October 27th 05, 04:20 AM
My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo .. congratulations. You have permission to lord it up this week
and savour your moment as King of the World..
Maybe you can leave us some new chalk messages like:

King Jason
thanx u

Now we can harass you later about BV stuff.. Only joking.. Atleast you
already have both this forum and the BUG to use to get messages out
etc.

Good luck and i expect to see the obligatory mugshot in the next BV
mag. Please dont let them use a photo of you suited up on a bike,
helmet being worn the lopsided beret style, pretending you ride to work
that way.

--
coowoowoo

Bleve
October 27th 05, 04:45 AM
coowoowoo wrote:

> Good luck and i expect to see the obligatory mugshot in the next BV
> mag. Please dont let them use a photo of you suited up on a bike,
> helmet being worn the lopsided beret style, pretending you ride to work
> that way.

At least we know he *does* ride to work!

> --
> coowoowoo

SteveA
October 27th 05, 07:41 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Dutchy gets a new bike? again??
>
> nope.
>
> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
> A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?
>
> But first things, first.
> A HUGE thank you to those of you
> who cared enough about BV to vote,
> and even more if you voted for me :D
>
> Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support,
> ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.
>
> And lastly, an apology.
> I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results
> overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to
> contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
> I'm going to give this my best shot
>
> fanx again
> FlyingDutch
Congrats. Well done. Yay.

SteveA

--
SteveA

hippy
October 28th 05, 01:18 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:

> My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
> AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh.. just what the hell am I supposed to do for entertainment when I
return? If there's no more dickheads on the road and cycle paths
everywhere (gooo Netherlands!), just what am I going to do?
Grow out of it I suppose? Sheet!

hippy

--
hippy

Marx SS
October 28th 05, 02:02 AM
any chance of a free 'bay ride jersey?
My Orange T-shirt is getting kinda tatty.

--
Marx SS

flyingdutch
October 28th 05, 02:03 AM
hippy Wrote:
> Uh oh.. just what the hell am I supposed to do for entertainment when I
> return? If there's no more dickheads on the road and cycle paths
> everywhere (gooo Netherlands!), just what am I going to do?
> Grow out of it I suppose? Sheet!
>
> hippy

Lead me out at Glenvale C-grade, bitch! :D

--
flyingdutch

hippy
October 28th 05, 02:08 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> Lead me out at Glenvale C-grade, bitch! :D

After the touring and the couriering - I should be totally over bikes
on my return.

I hear Holden make some great V8 utes.. :P

hippy
What makes you think I'd be 'able' to race C-grade? *wheeze*

--
hippy

Dominic Sansom
October 29th 05, 09:07 PM
Congrats from Fiji. How about setting up a BV Fiji Cycling
affiliation??? We've just had our first national fun cycle here.

--
Dominic Sansom

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home