PDA

View Full Version : ambulance bicycles!

Bleve
October 27th 05, 05:55 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/horse-racing/police-rein-in-carnival-crowds/2005/10/27/1130367989807.html

(I was just trying to see if there were any good photos of scantily
dressed female racegoers ... and noticed this little bit ...)

Quote from the article :

And ambulance officers will get around on flash new bicycles, to be
used for the first time during the carnival.

Two teams from the Bicycle Response Unit will patrol the racecourse,
with the bikes set to be a common sight at future major events.

So there you go. Drunk or O/D'ing racegoers may well find that a
bicycle saves their lives!

EuanB
October 27th 05, 06:06 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/as7s8
>
> (I was just trying to see if there were any good photos of scantily
> dressed female racegoers ... and noticed this little bit ...)
>
> Quote from the article :
>
> And ambulance officers will get around on flash new bicycles, to be
> used for the first time during the carnival.
>
> Two teams from the Bicycle Response Unit will patrol the racecourse,
> with the bikes set to be a common sight at future major events.
>

> So there you go. Drunk or O/D'ing racegoers may well find that a
> bicycle saves their lives!

I've heard rumors about this; as far as I know the bike response is
going to be a permament feature in the CBD. If I find out any more
I'll post.

--
EuanB

GPLama
October 27th 05, 06:10 AM
"Bleve" wrote in message ...

> So there you go. Drunk or O/D'ing racegoers may well find that a
> bicycle saves their lives!

Bugger that, use passed out patrons as jumps for BMXing... Soooooo not into
the whores racing 'scene'...

cheers,
GPL

Google