PDA

View Full Version : New Project: Thicker, Better BC plates With Grind plate!

Evan Byrne
November 20th 05, 11:56 PM
Well, my old BC plates are beginning to bend, and I also ordered a
trials BC wheel so I needed some new plates, the new ones are basically
the same as the old ones just this time I used .083 wall thickness vs.
the old .035 .

I'm almost positive that these new ones WILL NOT bend, they are hella
thick.

Also I plan on grinding some handrails in my next movie so I decided to
toss on a grind plate because I doubt the bare plate would slide well,
if at all.

Trouble was I wanted something removable, but with the meal I had I
didn't see how I could make that work, so I took some 14G mild steel
and cut out a little grind plate...I had to settle for permanent
attachment, so I just tack welded the plate to the bottom of the
platform.

Heres the link to the gallery with more pics: http://tinyurl.com/ccywc

And here are some pics of your too lazy to go to my gallery:

|Filename: Reseized pic 1.JPG |

Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

flyer
November 21st 05, 12:52 AM
You should paint 'em, they have a really cool industrial look, but if
they were painted (well) they'd be awesomely professional. Then put
some grip tape over the parts where your feet would contact so you
don't wear the paint away on those parts from standing on it. Awesome
plates, if they even are that anymore.

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

Evan Byrne
November 21st 05, 11:38 PM
I will consider making them forsale if someone woul dlike a pair. the
price will be hihg, around 80-90 US. They are extremly light, id say
about 1/2 pound each. Also if they are made out of the .083 they are
unbendable.

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Evan Byrne
November 22nd 05, 01:22 AM
Well, i spiffed my new plates out with ORANGE FREAKING GRIP TAPE!

|Filename: Plates spiffed out wiht grip tape 009.JPG |

Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

forrestunifreak
November 22nd 05, 02:06 AM
THey look great. Good job!

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Evan Byrne
November 22nd 05, 02:25 AM
I am oging to try and break them this week, see what they cna hold up
to, i found a good 4.5ft drop to do, some handrails, and some stairs,
il try and film is so if i like burry my foot in the ground because my
plate flys off.

anyone want a pair?

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

VersatileWhale
November 22nd 05, 02:43 AM
doesn't the axle bolt destroy your ankles?

--
VersatileWhale
VersatileWhale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10850

Evan Byrne
November 22nd 05, 02:50 AM
"doesn't the axle bolt destroy your ankles?"

"The axle looks like it would hit you in the ankles, too."

"but you probably could hurt your ankles "

"then the axle will totally rip open your ankle"

The axle as never once touched my ankles.

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

DK
November 22nd 05, 03:28 AM
How do you like that rim?

--
DK

*\"faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
death.\" - hunter s. thompson*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

litldude2
November 22nd 05, 03:32 AM
DK wrote:
> How do you like that rim?

Well Im not Evan, but I know it cut his finger open:D

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

Evan Byrne
November 22nd 05, 03:35 AM
Yes, yes it did cut my finger open, it bled alot, and also i dont like
the fact that a 3" drop can flat spot it, i mean im nto good at truing
wheels but i think i did a ok job, and it still flat spoted on a 180
off a curb

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

lleberg
November 22nd 05, 11:33 AM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> Yes, yes it did cut my finger open, it bled alot, and also i dont like
> the fact that a 3" drop can flat spot it, i mean im nto good at truing
> wheels but i think i did a ok job, and it still flat spoted on a 180
> off a curb

A little higher air-pressre might be the answer to that? :)

--
lleberg

I <3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Evan Byrne
November 22nd 05, 04:01 PM
Im kidding, it wasnt 3", it was proly around 3ft

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

forrestunifreak
November 22nd 05, 06:20 PM
what'd you do, put your finger through a hole?

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

manon1wheel
November 22nd 05, 10:46 PM
dude, i would buy some if they werent so expensive... man!

i cant afford them sorry

--
manon1wheel

Riley Crosby

getting better... lvl 5 unicyclist
-.- T1me to overthrow most replies!!-.-
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Evan Byrne
November 23rd 05, 01:13 AM
Yeah, they are killer nice plates but for me to make them id have to
charge alot. the hard part is i dont own a mill, so i gota use my
freinds mill, and i gota set up a day ot use it and blah blah blah its
just hard.

no i cut my finger open doing a lil trie grab move, and i jsut grabed
the rim and i looked down and my finger was spewing blood.

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home