PDA

View Full Version : laid back street vid. 4min 10mb

tomsey
November 21st 05, 03:35 PM
hello everyone,

i have made a pretty cool little internet video for all the street
riders here. it has a little bit of reused footage but its been
re-edited into a 4min video.

i made the vid because

1. i just bought new shoes and they are sexy (etnies are cool)
2. i have all this footy lying around. its not very big so its not
really good enough to put in a real video. (post defect)
3. lastly, i am getting into hip hop and scribe is a bomb digity yo
rapper from NZ. and also how well my riding goes with some laid back
beats.

here is the video, enjoy
'street vid. music by scribe' (http://tinyurl.com/draor)

tomsey

--
tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

oldfatboy
November 21st 05, 04:09 PM
Enjoyed the video! I had a couple of good laughs and I suppose after
watching it, that being older isn't so bad in some respects. At least
in my shape and my age, I'm not going to be trying some of those.

--
oldfatboy

"I have got to get me one of these!"
oldfatboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10599

fexnix
November 21st 05, 05:15 PM
The crankflip body varial was so clean!

Some of those shots were better than th street in Defect...

--
fexnix

'*My fresh gallery*' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
'knarkargänget' (http://surl.se/elt)
chosen and this end up are my main men of choise
\"u can **** off u retard it says sidehop not high jump so shut da f**k
up and go ride a b*ke. nob!\" /butty
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

Evan Byrne
November 21st 05, 05:33 PM
You own alex, Keep up the crazyness.

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

burjzyntski
November 21st 05, 05:39 PM
Awesome video! I wish I could get the 360 down...or even just a full rev
crankflip. you're really good, man.

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

\"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"

\"drunk drivers run stop signs, stoned drivers wait for them to turn
green.\" -'SDASD' (http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4131.html)
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

Icycle
November 21st 05, 06:01 PM
Excellent!

--
Icycle

Randy
The path to enlightenment is shorter on a unicycle
Icycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10724

maestro8
November 21st 05, 06:17 PM
Damn, son! Your street moves are SICK! You're definitely raising the
bar for street riding... your flips and spins are so fresh, so clean.
When will there be a Tomsey street riding clinic / camp? I'd fly out
in a heartbeat if you could teach your Jedi skills to us.
Nevertheless, I will incorporate your videos into my training.

fexnix wrote:
> Some of those shots were better than th street in Defect...

Hear, hear!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

carsonpalooza
November 21st 05, 08:14 PM
impressive

--
carsonpalooza

I just wear bike shorts...* the tight kind*
That site is making me drool.
-Dave aka fcwegnm0b
carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

ColDawG
November 21st 05, 08:36 PM
dang... i can't watch it

is anyone else here on a Mac w/ OS X tiger, or even panther, having
trouble viewing WMV videos on the new gallery?
A few months ago in the old one i could see them fine, but now i can
only watch the quicktime ones...

if someone has downloaded it could you IM me w/ it or sumthin?

thanks

-colin

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Unitik908
November 21st 05, 08:54 PM
wow.... you guys are good

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

darchibald
November 21st 05, 09:08 PM
Can someone send it via e-mail to , I have
trouble with the new gallery. Thanks.

David

--
darchibald

' Album 481'
(http://unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=23674)
- My Gallery

'A small pay rise this week, and I decided to, er... what do you young
people say, er... pimp my ghetto uni, or something.'
-Mikefule
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

maxisback
November 21st 05, 10:30 PM
**** son haha that flip over the 4 or 5 stair was so sick men.. thats
sickness ur awesome on the technyness also and this is probably the
first time I say this but ur song was awesome for the riding

--
maxisback
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

chosen
November 21st 05, 11:22 PM
your 360 unispins are really clean. nicely done man for real. and those
grinds blow my mind.

--
chosen

..._...|..____CHOSEN________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

lleberg
November 21st 05, 11:27 PM
That's one of the very best street-videos i've ever seen!
Those things are ment ot be impossible! ;)

You're a pioneer, that's for sure!

--
lleberg

I <3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

unign
November 21st 05, 11:29 PM
that was probably the top street video ive seen. How long have you been
riding?

--
unign
unign's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10305

skate4flip
November 21st 05, 11:32 PM
Awesome video!! I noticed when your doing your unispins that use only
one hand to spin them? Do you only do that when you do them with a
rolling hop or all the time? Im having enough trouble with 360 unispins
with 2 hands.

--
skate4flip

Post 23000, 25000, and 29000 in the Most Replys thread!!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 11/20/05*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

abbabibble
November 21st 05, 11:38 PM
ColDawG wrote:
> dang... i can't watch it
>
> is anyone else here on a Mac w/ OS X tiger, or even panther, having
> trouble viewing WMV videos on the new gallery?
> A few months ago in the old one i could see them fine, but now i can
> only watch the quicktime ones...
>
> if someone has downloaded it could you IM me w/ it or sumthin?
>
> thanks
>
> -colin

i just download them... i can't stream wmvs very well.

and dude, that was some kick-awesome riding there! it's inspiring!

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
-----------------------
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
"abababilbel" - General Dibbles
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Arking
November 22nd 05, 12:34 AM
Awesome.

I love those one hand spins, so smooth. Cant wait until you guys put
another DVD out. Looks like Im going to have to push my riding just a
little bit harder again. Very sweet stuff, great to see you guys up
there with the americans.

Rob

--
Arking

"Wanna give us a demo?" - 4 Police patroling outside Redfern station
after riots
Arking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5612

forrestunifreak
November 22nd 05, 12:36 AM
Great seat-in one handed unispin stuff, I'm working on those right now
and having a booger of a time with it.

I liked the half rev grind half rev too.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

jsm
November 22nd 05, 01:22 AM
To watch the video on a Mac, go to the window where you see the movie,
then right click where it says "download movie," and drag down to
"Download Linked File."

That was some amazing street riding. I especially liked the body varial
crankflip and the unispins while jumping onto ledges.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

andrew_carter
November 22nd 05, 07:29 AM
Nice, really nice! I loved the backrev thing where you jumped and spun
your body 180 degrees around the uni.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*
___________
--> '-*Listen to my jazz funk band on Last.fm*-'
(http://www.last.fm/music/Dancing+About+Architecture) <-- :)

U-Turn
November 22nd 05, 10:40 AM
Excellent riding and video, thanks Tomsey!

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

wogri
November 22nd 05, 12:16 PM
Seat-in 360 unispin to seat-in. Really really amazing, tomsey. Last year
we've been discussing about that, now you're showing it, doing
crankflips at the same time.
EXCELLENT. Really.

Wish we had summer now, too.

Have fun riding, develop the styles, your combos are probably the best
next to Dan!

wogri

--
wogri

http://www.wogri.com
http://unicycling.rult.org
wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490

uniryder
November 22nd 05, 12:54 PM
good smooth vid alex... not too shabby for your B game stuff!

nice varial flip on the bank and i liked the 360 unispin down the 4
set...

-dan

--
uniryder
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

ColDawG
November 22nd 05, 08:25 PM
that was a great vid man!
those are some very tight tricks, especially the 360 uspin down the 4
set!
and the crankflip spins/unispins are awesome

i just landed a 360 rev a couple days ago but cannot figure out how to
crankflip..... so crazy..

-colin

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

tomsey
November 23rd 05, 01:11 AM
cool thanks everyone. i did leave a bit of stuff out, which is good news
because there is better riding out there. mainly i used all that cos
its overcast.... crazy last 5 times i been riding its been overcast.
not good footage when its not sunny, and its all in skateparks (kinda a
little boring)

with the unispins, i try and do everything rolling. and from seat-in.
it gets trialsy when you start hopping and having the seat-out.

with seat-in unispins, as well as you think i might be able to do them
i still cant catch the seat with my spinning hand again, which makes
landings (down stuff) really sketchy. i recommend learning seat-out to
seat-in 360unispins (like the 4 set one) that way you can get your hand
on the seat instead of your know whats.

also practice consistency, nothing more useful in unicycling than
consistency.

-tomsey

--
tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

TonyMelton
November 23rd 05, 03:59 AM
Excellent vid, Tomsey! Grouse riding! Scribble has some good
tunes, eh? Here's my not so great 'riding to Scribe's 'Not Many''
(http://tinyurl.com/dt2l4)

tomsey wrote:

> also practice consistency, nothing more useful in unicycling than
> consistency.

Damn right! Being inconsistent is one of my greatest faults - I often
learn new tricks so that I can land them maybe 30% of the time, before
going on to try some other new trick... practise and polish are so
important.

--
TonyMelton

The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

TrialsUni
November 23rd 05, 04:29 AM
ColDawG wrote:
> dang... i can't watch it
>
> is anyone else here on a Mac w/ OS X tiger, or even panther, having
> trouble viewing WMV videos on the new gallery?
> A few months ago in the old one i could see them fine, but now i can
> only watch the quicktime ones...
>
> if someone has downloaded it could you IM me w/ it or sumthin?
>
> thanks
>
> -colin

Colin,

I have Panther (I'll just keep that money, and use it towards the Intel
line of Macs when my iBook G4 gets old)...and I have the same problem.
What I usually do is "right-click" and save the linked file to my
desktop. I have ethernet at school, so there's no problem at all with
the download speed. I'm usually multi-tasking, and doing homework, so
it helps to keep them on my desktop. So what I'll do is download a lot
of clips, and then watch them when I get a chance. Some I keep for a
while.

If anyone has any other solutions, let me in on 'em too. I'm fairly
new to mac...I really don't have time to tinker with this thing,
because first priority is school, then riding (hehe).

Tomsey...I enjoyed the video! (I figure I better not threadjack, and
actually comment while I have the opportunity, since I did like what I
saw). I'd like to see what other variations you guys could come up
with, since the street style is so fluid and clean. Maybe backwards
grinds? That could be a new challenge. I think over-to grinds look
pretty cool as well. What about 180-spin crank-flips down a set of
stairs?

I think I'm pysched to see more, especially since it is winter here in
Michigan, and I'm dying for summer to return. I still have to get my
hands on a copy of Defect, even though I'm afraid it'll only make cabin
fever in the dead of January, worse.

later,
Evan

--
TrialsUni
TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

litldude2
November 23rd 05, 04:35 AM
TrialsUni wrote:

> Maybe backwards grinds? That could be a new challenge. I think
> over-to grinds look pretty cool as well. What about 180-spin
> crank-flips down a set of stairs?

Its all been done.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

forrestunifreak
November 23rd 05, 04:41 AM
TrialsUni wrote:
> Colin,
>
> I have Panther (I'll just keep that money, and use it towards the Intel
> line of Macs when my iBook G4 gets old)...and I have the same problem.
> What I usually do is "right-click" and save the linked file to my
> desktop. I have ethernet at school, so there's no problem at all with
> the download speed. I'm usually multi-tasking, and doing homework, so
> it helps to keep them on my desktop. So what I'll do is download a lot
> of clips, and then watch them when I get a chance. Some I keep for a
> while.
>
> If anyone has any other solutions, let me in on 'em too. I'm fairly
> new to mac...I really don't have time to tinker with this thing,
> because first priority is school, then riding (hehe).
>
> Tomsey...I enjoyed the video! (I figure I better not threadjack, and
> actually comment while I have the opportunity, since I did like what I
> saw). I'd like to see what other variations you guys could come up
> with, since the street style is so fluid and clean. Maybe backwards
> grinds? That could be a new challenge. I think over-to grinds look
> pretty cool as well. What about 180-spin crank-flips down a set of
> stairs?
>
> I think I'm pysched to see more, especially since it is winter here in
> Michigan, and I'm dying for summer to return. I still have to get my
> hands on a copy of Defect, even though I'm afraid it'll only make cabin
> fever in the dead of January, worse.
>
> later,
> Evan

You REALLY need to se Defect.

And on the bright side, it'll give you something to do while you have
cabin fever.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

pete66
November 23rd 05, 12:04 PM
THAT WAS SIEEEK! Put another shreemp on the barbie mate

Keep pushing, you're gonna leave the defect crew in your dust at this
rate. :p Can you please put a decent stillstand in one of your vids? Or
just do a stillstand vid? I've never watched a video of someone doin a
proper stillstand, except for the timelapse in Universe... and KH at
the start of one tired guy.

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Arking
November 29th 05, 12:11 AM
I just watched this video again, its kinda wet here so I decided to
watch through my recent downloads.

Alex grinds on his wrong foot halfway through there! Just after the
skateboard bit he hits that ledge on his wrong foot, and grinds it
nicely too. Is anyone else doing this?

That kind of flexibility and depth in his riding is nuts. I knew he was
pedal grabbing both ways...but grinds on either foot shows some real
style. Nice work.

Rob

--
Arking

"Wanna give us a demo?" - 4 Police patroling outside Redfern station
after riots
Arking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5612

maxisback
November 29th 05, 12:14 AM
.. thats called a blind grind... ppl do them.. pppl even to 180 into
blind grinds and blunt to blind..I think alex does a blunt to blind in
it ... right ?

--
maxisback
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885