PDA

View Full Version : alternative unicycling team sports

MrBoogiejuice
November 22nd 05, 05:12 PM
I was pondering over the weekend whether or not anyone's tried playing
unicycle lacrosse? I used to play lacrosse in school and really enjoyed
it and think it'd be well suited to unicycles.

I was also introduced to the Irish sport of hurling over the weekend.
What an amazing sport! Though I think it's dangerous enough without
adding unicycles into the equation.

--
MrBoogiejuice

Cars suck.
Ride a unicycle.
Be happy.

Make crumbs not War!
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

Loosemoose
November 22nd 05, 05:18 PM
Unicycle ultimate frisbee. Good for any skill level, but requires at
least 1 member per team capable of picking the thing off the floor
after a drop (usually a short trials uni, and someone with decent seat
out stability, so they can crouch & touch the floor, will suffice).
This makes for an amazing new game mechanic, as after a drop only 1
member per team can pick the thing back up again, so there's a 1 on 1
race to get there, and then a one-wheeled crouching squabble trying to
get the frisbee back in play.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

MrBoogiejuice
November 22nd 05, 05:28 PM
ultimate frisbee sounds good. It's not dependant on lots of equipment
which is a bonus.
It'd be cool if at the next BUC there could be an afternoon of trying
out alternative team games.

--
MrBoogiejuice

Cars suck.
Ride a unicycle.
Be happy.

Make crumbs not War!
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

cathwood
November 22nd 05, 07:08 PM
Are you going to the uni hockey day in Manchester on Dec 10th? I have
been assured that beginners are welcome and I can't wait.

Good practice for the next BUC.

Cathy

--
cathwood

'Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive - C.S.Lewis

'http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk' (http://www.chuckingandtwirling.
co.uk)

mike_echter
November 22nd 05, 07:47 PM
I've tried to play lacross with my dad while I was on my uni... its not
that easy: when throwing you loose your balance very easily because you
are on a wheel, and when catching you shift your weight more than
normal because you are putting a stick out from you, tipping you over
more than normal. It's quite a challenge, but lots of fun :p

--
mike_echter

_
Formerly UniFanatic03 :D
mike_echter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11116

person
November 22nd 05, 08:00 PM
you should try to play hackie sack on one you would have to use one foot
on the unicycle the whole time

--
person
person's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11003

James_Potter
November 22nd 05, 08:16 PM
quidditch!

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

wobbling bear
November 23rd 05, 09:45 AM
so I went to visit the cupboard where I store my bats:
- hurley bat : gosh forgot that one for 30years! even termits didn't
dare touch it. no not willing to break skulls! (even irish skulls):p
- baseball bat (from mexico): never understood the game ...
- hockey : wishfull thinking: I store those to start a game of unihoki
with my young neighbors (sooner or later I should bring them to the
uni-club)
- alpenstock : may be for Muni?
- some japanese thing ... don't remember the use (don't want to be a
uni-samuraï)
what about owning a Polo stick? *that* would be great! Coker Polo! a
real touch of class! bicycle polo exists ... but Coker Polo would be
much more gentlemanly: I suggest it should be played only with tuxedo
and top-hat!

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

mike_echter
November 23rd 05, 12:10 PM
You can try golfing too, either 'Happy Gilmore' style, or jst hop in
place, rest a second, and take a hard wack at it without falling... I
vote for the 'Happy Gilmore' style myself :p

--
mike_echter

_
Formerly UniFanatic03 :D
mike_echter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11116

Brian MacKenzie
November 23rd 05, 01:57 PM
I've always thought uni-polo would be fun. all you would need is a
bunch of guys and a croquet set :)

--
Brian MacKenzie
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

GILD
November 23rd 05, 03:12 PM
wobbling bear wrote:
> what about owning a Polo stick? *that* would be great! Coker Polo! a
> real touch of class! bicycle polo exists ... but Coker Polo would be
> much more gentlemanly: I suggest it should be played only with tuxedo
> and top-hat!

I've thought about Polo on Giraffes before but Coker Polo sounds much
kewler.

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
> a croquet set

UniCroquet!
Love the idea. It'll mess up their 'greens' something awfull tho.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
'\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
(http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

Fuzzee J.
November 23rd 05, 04:41 PM
there is such a thing as elephant polo. I believe Scotland are current
world champions

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4073353.stm

--
Fuzzee J.
Fuzzee J.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11220

GILD
November 23rd 05, 05:02 PM
Mmm, no kilts...

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
'\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
(http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

sarah.miller
November 23rd 05, 05:10 PM
James_Potter wrote:
> quidditch!

see
http://www.uk.unicyclist.com/quidditchrules/rules.html
for the rules of unicycle quidditch. As played internationally.

SArah

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

tholub
November 23rd 05, 05:36 PM
Loosemoose wrote:
> Unicycle ultimate frisbee. Good for any skill level, but requires at
> least 1 member per team capable of picking the thing off the floor
> after a drop (usually a short trials uni, and someone with decent seat
> out stability, so they can crouch & touch the floor, will suffice).
> This makes for an amazing new game mechanic, as after a drop only 1
> member per team can pick the thing back up again, so there's a 1 on 1
> race to get there, and then a one-wheeled crouching squabble trying to
> get the frisbee back in play.
>
> Loose.

It doesn't require that anyone be able to pick up the frisbee; if the
frisbee is on the ground, it's a turnover anyway.

The rules we've used in a brief bit of testing is that it's allowable
to throw from the ground, but you have to catch on the uni (obviously).
We also made the modification that you don't have to be completely
stationary after you catch it, because not everyone can idle well; our
rule is that you have to throw it from the same place you caught it, or
further back.

--
tholub

Jeff Groves
November 24th 05, 02:57 AM
MrBoogiejuice wrote:
> I was pondering over the weekend whether or not anyone's tried playing
> unicycle lacrosse?

I know Justin Kozy and use to play unicycle lacrosse when there was a
decent sided club on Vancouver Island, but unfortunately most of the
people who he played with stop unicycling. It sounds like it was a lot
of fun though.

Jeff

--
Jeff Groves
Jeff Groves's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1385

HardcoreCokerRider
November 24th 05, 05:13 AM
While not a team sport, it is an Olympic sport and I always thought it
would be really cool on unicycles… giraffe unicycles in particular. The
sport is fencing – saber fencing, specifically.

For those of you that are not very familiar with the sport, there are
three different weapons (each with a different target area and rules) –
foil, epee, and saber. Back when the sport evolved and was life or
death :eek: (medieval times, I suppose) foil was the weapon used for
training and has a relatively thin blade. The target area for foil
fencing consists of the torso only. The target area in epee fencing is
the entire body from head to toe and the epee sword has a thicker,
triangular blade. In epee fencing and foil fencing thrusting is the
only acceptable way to score a “touch.” Saber fencing was derived from
sword fights on horseback so the target area is from the waist up
(including the head) and thrusting as well as cutting are both
acceptable ways to score a “touch.” The saber sword has a wrist guard
(like a pirate’s sword) and a competitor has to raise the sword above
his/her head horizontally to defend against an opponent’s attempt at
scoring cuts to the head. Mounted on a giraffe (instead of a horse, as
in old times), the rules for saber fencing are perfectly suited for
giraffe fencing. I would make two adjustments, however. Fencing matches
normally take place on a long strip (that’s maybe 30 feet long and 3 –
4 feet wide). The first time you go off the strip is a warning the
second time is a point against you (a point is awarded to your
opponent). I would replace the strip with a circle (maybe 30 feet in
diameter), but the rules about going outside the boundary would remain
the same – 2 times and it’s a point against you. The only other
adjustment I would make is adding the rule that falling off your
giraffe is also a point against you.

I think the sport would not only look really cool with riders wearing
fencing jackets and masks while competing on top of giraffes, but I
think it would also spice up the sport of fencing (and slow it down,
too, which is good because it’s hard to follow the sport when played on
foot because it’s so fast - which is one of the reasons It doesn’t make
for a good spectator sport). Easier to follow and more exciting, I
think _giraffe_fencing_ would have a lot of potential as a fun sport to
play and watch :D. Has anyone on the forum ever done any fencing? If
so, which weapon?

--
HardcoreCokerRider
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

HardcoreCokerRider
November 24th 05, 05:57 AM
HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
> "The saber sword has a wrist guard..."

Oops, I meant knuckle guard!

--
HardcoreCokerRider
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

GILD
November 24th 05, 09:19 AM
HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
> The sport is fencing – saber fencing, specifically.

This thread is throwing up some really kewl ideas.
Three years ago a couple of students re-started the Wits Ministry of
Jesters, a juggling club at the University of the Wi****ersrand.
Since most of them were members of the 'Balls Up! Juggling Club, we
ended up helping them recruit new members during their Orientation
Week.
The fencers had a stall quite close to us and allowed people to try the
sport. A couple of us were quite keen on trying it on unis (not
raffies) but since none of us could idle at the time, nothing came of
it.

I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the idea of doing it on raffies.
UPDing and still having to know where the sword is when you land
doens't particularly excite me.
Also the remounting question. Must it be a freemount? With saber in
hand?
I'd like to give it a bash, but on my 20" thanx. I'll leave the
Raffencing for the aerealists.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
'\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
(http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

wobbling bear
November 24th 05, 09:49 AM
GILD wrote:
> This thread is throwing up some really kewl ideas.

a long time ago I remember posting about "muni bozkachi".
the idea is to have teams that play on rough grounds (forrest,
savannah, whatever you want).
each team tries to get hold of a "dead goat" (whatever could that be)
and bring it back to camp, other teams will try to steal the thing.
in fact it looks much more like old french game of "'soule'
(http://www.lasoule.asso.fr/)" ... but nobody ever heard about it:
'bozkachi ' (http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/4637/bozkachi.html)is
much more widely known

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Matt.Weston
November 24th 05, 09:53 AM
Not strictly a team sport, more of an 'everybody in' game that I have
considered would be "Capture the Hat"

It's a simple concept really, it's vaugely like mass-sumo with an added
element. Not only do you need to be the last one riding, but also the
one who has the hat. Hat must be worn on your head, so that it's
stealable. There should also be strict rules on no
pushing/shoving/grabbing of seats - it's not sumo people! It's a
challenge of manouverability, and how long you can ride for. Basically
you have to outride the other players, do something crazy that they
cannot catch you, or perhaps have once it gets down to the final people
a certain amount of time you must hold it for.

Best played with a top hat.

--
Matt.Weston
Matt.Weston's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11149

GILD
November 24th 05, 09:58 AM
wobbling bear wrote:

> in fact it looks much more like old french game of "'soule'
> (http://www.lasoule.asso.fr/)"

'This advertising campaign' (http://tinyurl.com/d9ovo) for SA Rugby's
main sponsor seems to be based on some of that.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
'\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
(http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

rob.northcott
November 24th 05, 11:49 AM
HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
> I think _giraffe_fencing_ would have a lot of potential as a fun sport
> to play and watch :D. Has anyone on the forum ever done any fencing? If
> so, which weapon?

That does sound interesting, although potentially quite dangerous :eek:

People manage to break blades and stick them through themselves and
each other in normal fencing - the thought of falling off a giraffe
onto the blade is not a nice one...
I used to do quite a bit of fencing (mostly foil, bit of epee) but
haven't done for years (not since I was about 20 I don't think). I
know Mikefule fences regularly so perhaps he'll have some comments if
he reads this thread.

Rob

--
rob.northcott

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice

MrBoogiejuice
November 24th 05, 02:48 PM
There's some interesting ideas popping up here. I think I'm with Rob on
the fencing though...It sounds fun but I reckon it'd be atleast as
dangerous as trapeze fencing. I used to fence epee (chess on legs),
myself though haven't done any for a few years now. The club we got
started in my town has since closed down and the unicycling
obsession's taken a hold.

I love the idea of coker polo! specifically the idea of invading a
proper polo match on a coker and seeing the faces on the posh polo
people. (I say you're mount looks a bit lame, where's your other
hooves?)

some other thoughts I've had: Unicycle kabbadi (an Indian team game. We
used to play it as a warm up for judo although it could end up in a few
nasty collisions).

Badminton could be do-able

As could volley ball.

Has anyone else seen hurley...I'm still pondering on it after watching
it for the first time at the weekend. Even if it's unworkable on
unicycles I'd like to give it a go sans cycle.

--
MrBoogiejuice

Cars suck.
Ride a unicycle.
Be happy.

Make crumbs not War!
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

rob.northcott
November 24th 05, 04:32 PM
MrBoogiejuice wrote:
> I love the idea of coker polo! specifically the idea of invading a
> proper polo match on a coker and seeing the faces on the posh polo
> people. (I say you're mount looks a bit lame, where's your other
> hooves?)

You could build a "horse shoe" wheel, like the ones people build with
normal shoes, then you'd have more hooves than them... and it would
leave authentic horse shoe prints on the ground, and be just as bumpy
as riding a real horse :)

--
rob.northcott

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice

johnhimsworth
November 24th 05, 05:19 PM
MrBoogiejuice wrote:
> I love the idea of coker polo!

Careful. I said that once, and it got twisted into "Let's play hockey on
cokers". All the speed, still on a walled pitch, none of the wide open
spaces. No injuries from the last two times, but I've no idea how that
happened.

John

--
johnhimsworth

Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and then
beat you with experience.
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

HardcoreCokerRider
November 25th 05, 01:16 AM
GILD wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the idea of doing it on raffies.
> UPDing and still having to know where the sword is when you land
> doens't particularly excite me.
> Also the remounting question. Must it be a freemount? With saber in
> hand?
> I'd like to give it a bash, but on my 20" thanx. I'll leave the
> Raffencing for the aerealists.

I suppose 20" would work... there could be 2 classes (20" standard &
20" giraffe)... but I'm -really enthralled- with the idea of cometing
on the raffies! If you don't want to UPD with sabre in hand, you could
always throw it off to the side (not in the direction of the other
competitor) as you're falling to the ground.

Regarding remounting... it should be a freemount in my opinion. The
sabre could be held by putting it through a belt loop on your pants
while you freemount. Alternatively, there could be a holder for it
attached to the frame of the giraffe... or in an actual competition,
you'll need a ref - so the ref could hand the weapons to the fencers
once they mount. During practice, if there is a third person watching
or taking turns fencing, you could have that person hand the weapons to
the fencers.

MrBoogiejuice wrote:
> There's some interesting ideas popping up here. I think I'm with Rob on
> the fencing though...It sounds fun but I reckon it'd be atleast as
> dangerous as trapeze fencing. I used to fence epee (chess on legs),
> myself though haven't done any for a few years now. The club we got
> started in my town has since closed down and the unicycling obsession's
> taken a hold.

I, too, haven't fenced in a while. I fenced sabre back in HS and
College... and haven't fenced since. There's quite a resurgence of
interest in NY with a whole bunch of clubs and schools popping up in
the City and on Long Island.

I don't think fencing on giraffes would pose any more danger of a blade
breaking than regular fencing. I assume the danger you are referring to
is if the blade breaks and then you UPD (with broken blade in hand)
into your opponent. I believe this danger can be minimized by ALWAYS
dropping or throwing the saber to the ground at the onset of a UPD.

Besides the danger of raffie fencing is nothing compared to the danger
all you lunatics expose yourself to on a daily basis... riding crazy
trials lines, conquering all sorts of Muni terrain, riding BC wheels,
etc., etc.

A little danger doesn't seem to have dissuaded too many of you so far!

-(I'd very much look forward to hearing Mikefule's comments - I hope he
reads the thread and adds his two cents!)-

--
HardcoreCokerRider
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

tyler_cochrane
November 25th 05, 02:20 AM
sarah.miller wrote:
> see
> http://www.uk.unicyclist.com/quidditchrules/rules.html
> for the rules of unicycle quidditch. As played internationally.
>
> SArah

throwing basketballs at people on unicycles sounds like it would be
pretty funny!

--
tyler_cochrane

your village called, their idiot's missing.
tyler_cochrane's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10997

rob.northcott
November 25th 05, 10:04 PM
HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
> I don't think fencing on giraffes would pose any more danger of a blade
> breaking than regular fencing. I assume the danger you are referring to
> is if the blade breaks and then you UPD (with broken blade in hand)
> into your opponent.

I was thinking more of falling onto the blade, breaking it and possibly
being stabbed. It probably wouldn't be that likely to happen, but I'm
just a terrible pessimist :rolleyes:

Rob

--
rob.northcott

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice

Matt.Weston
November 25th 05, 11:37 PM
Unicycle Laser Tag or Paintball

Same as it is normally, but on wheels.

Paintball would be fun, you'd get a bit of cross country Muni in the
mix.

--
Matt.Weston
Matt.Weston's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11149

lleberg
November 25th 05, 11:52 PM
Handball!
[image:
http://www.handball-neckartenzlingen.de/bilder/qf_falk_gross.jpg]

It would actually be possible!

--
lleberg

I <3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

MrBoogiejuice
November 26th 05, 03:05 PM
Matt.Weston wrote:
> Unicycle Laser Tag or Paintball

BOOM!!! Headshot!

--
MrBoogiejuice

Cars suck.
Ride a unicycle.
Be happy.

Make crumbs not War!
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

jenmichael2000
November 28th 05, 04:56 AM
sarah.miller wrote:
> see
> http://www.uk.unicyclist.com/quidditchrules/rules.html
> for the rules of unicycle quidditch. As played internationally.
>
> SArah

I don't believe it :rolleyes: I love harry potter to, but i've got to
admit, you're ahead of me :)

--
jenmichael2000
jenmichael2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8180

jenmichael2000
November 28th 05, 05:25 AM
Loosemoose wrote:
> Unicycle ultimate frisbee. Good for any skill level, but requires at
> least 1 member per team capable of picking the thing off the floor
> after a drop (usually a short trials uni, and someone with decent seat
> out stability, so they can crouch & touch the floor, will suffice).
> This makes for an amazing new game mechanic, as after a drop only 1
> member per team can pick the thing back up again, so there's a 1 on 1
> race to get there, and then a one-wheeled crouching squabble trying to
> get the frisbee back in play.
>
> Loose.

the one time I tried fencing I really stank and it was quite
frustrating. An incredible workout though. As for lacross and polo,
I'm not really that familiar with them, although polo seems a lot like
basketball, and may work great on kokers. However, ultimate unicycle
frizbee sounds like a winner. the two common team sports played on
unicycle (hokey and basketball) both require a hard surface to play on.
Unicycle ultimate frizbee wouldn't. It could also be played on rough
terain with trials or muni's! How about a combination of ultimate and
polo?

--
jenmichael2000
jenmichael2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8180

wobbling bear
December 6th 05, 04:03 PM
jenmichael2000 wrote:
> the one time I tried fencing I really stank and it was quite
> frustrating. An incredible workout though.

if you somewhat understand french 'have a look at this movie'
(http://www.teaser.fr/~mzirnheld/hlm/stade2n_20051204.wmv) it is funny!
explanation: this is an extract from a main tv sports event and they
wrote
a paper on "hybrid sports" (such as polo-cycling) so the film is a
quizz "does this hybrid sport does exist?"
there you would find "uni-fencing"
(thanks Mark Z for initially posting this film)
(and thanks Glenn for the uni-fencing!)

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Unibugg
April 2nd 08, 01:22 AM
mike_echter wrote:
> I've tried to play lacross with my dad while I was on my uni... its not
> that easy: when throwing you loose your balance very easily because you
> are on a wheel, and when catching you shift your weight more than
> normal because you are putting a stick out from you, tipping you over
> more than normal. It's quite a challenge, but lots of fun :p

I bought a lacross stick today thinking that it just might be fun. And
it was!
I'm on my AX-29 with the seat up pretty high so I had to bend over
considerably to reach the ball. At first I couldn't scoop it up but
only pushed it along in the grass. Finally I figured it out. Throwing
it far IS a challenge.

The best part is that even though it would be more fun to play with
someone, it is still fun working at it alone. What a workout!

I was about to start a thread but came upon this oldie but goodie. It
deserves to be put back into circulation.

--
Unibugg

johnfoss wrote:
> If riding the unicycle seems impossible at first, that only proves
> you're human. :)
http://www.usenet.com

Tjorning
April 2nd 08, 02:51 AM
polo, lacrosse and Ultimate all sound very cool.

how about tug-of-war, roller derby, or capture the flag?

--
Tjorning
http://www.usenet.com

Unibugg
April 21st 08, 01:18 AM
Tjorning wrote:
> polo, lacrosse and Ultimate all sound very cool.
>
> how about tug-of-war, roller derby, or capture the flag?

Tug-of-war sounds great. I'm up for it... um... after I learn how to
ride backwards. :D

Lacrosse pick up skills are coming along great. I throw the ball out
in the field while riding, chase it, head it off if it goes in a curve,
and then throw it in any direction I fancy. No rules .... just what I
want to do...

So finally my AX-29 has a name. All year I thought it was a she; who
knew that it was a he and a tiger at that. I call him Hobbes as our
game of lacrosse has no rules... just like Calvin Ball.

Hobbes and I love playing... what are the chances that someday we'll
run into a unicyclist and unicycle pair that we can play against? By
our rules? ;)

--
Unibugg

forrestunifreak wrote:
> Real men unicycle with slightly crooked seats.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home