PDA

View Full Version : marin mount vision pro

Gooty
November 23rd 05, 08:14 PM
Help !!!

any know much about a marin mount vision pro. 2003
Full XTR ( with the new brake/gear pods) XTR disks / hubs. Rockshox sid
world cup. loads of carbon bits, seat/bars only weighs 23 lbs

Have found a bloke selling one for £1000. it looks brand new and has not
been ridden for nearly 2 years.(owner injured and cant use it )
Has not even had the black paint worn of the chain rings

What do you lot think deal or one to avoid

Thanks

Peter B
November 23rd 05, 09:04 PM
"Gooty" > wrote in message
> Help !!!
>
> any know much about a marin mount vision pro. 2003
> Full XTR ( with the new brake/gear pods) XTR disks / hubs. Rockshox sid
> world cup. loads of carbon bits, seat/bars only weighs 23 lbs
>
> Have found a bloke selling one for £1000. it looks brand new and has not
> been ridden for nearly 2 years.(owner injured and cant use it )
> Has not even had the black paint worn of the chain rings
>
> What do you lot think deal or one to avoid

'06 Mount Vision Pros are £3300.00 so it looks a bargain.

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/ProductsList.aspx?CategoryID=73&GroupID=7&CatName=Full%20Suspension%20above%20%c2%a32000&v=396adc34-b7c3-45e9-8860-7b9381498e30&Page=2

--
Pete
/Stuff

Mark
November 23rd 05, 09:27 PM
On 2005-11-23, Gooty > wrote:
> any know much about a marin mount vision pro. 2003 Full XTR ( with the
> new brake/gear pods) XTR disks / hubs. Rockshox sid world cup. loads
> of carbon bits, seat/bars only weighs 23 lbs
>
> Have found a bloke selling one for £1000. it looks brand new and has
> not been ridden for nearly 2 years.(owner injured and cant use it )
> Has not even had the black paint worn of the chain rings
>
> What do you lot think deal or one to avoid

If it's not bent or cracked (check very carefully) with working bits all
round and he can prove he bought it instead of nicking it, I'd say it
was a bargain.

Good luck,

Mark

Simon Brooke
November 23rd 05, 10:33 PM
in message >, Gooty
') wrote:

> Help !!!
>
> any know much about a marin mount vision pro. 2003
> Full XTR ( with the new brake/gear pods) XTR disks / hubs. Rockshox sid
> world cup. loads of carbon bits, seat/bars only weighs 23 lbs
>
> Have found a bloke selling one for £1000. it looks brand new and has
> not been ridden for nearly 2 years.(owner injured and cant use it )
> Has not even had the black paint worn of the chain rings

If you like it (and you're confident that he has legal ownership of it),
bite his hand off. It's worth about £500 more than that - £3,000 new.

---===***<<< This space to let! >>>***===---
Yes! You, too, can SPAM in the Famous Brooke Rotating .sig!
---===***<<< Only $300 per line >>>***===---

Marz
November 24th 05, 12:11 AM
Peter B wrote:

> '06 Mount Vision Pros are £3300.00 so it looks a bargain.

God, I forgot how much a rip off bikes are back home. That's 800 quid
more than the states.

Laters,

Marz

Paul - xxx
November 24th 05, 03:41 PM
Gooty came up with the following;:
> Help !!!
>
> any know much about a marin mount vision pro. 2003
> Full XTR ( with the new brake/gear pods) XTR disks / hubs. Rockshox sid
> world cup. loads of carbon bits, seat/bars only weighs 23 lbs

Wonderful ride, though I haven't ridden one in anger for a few years.

> Have found a bloke selling one for £1000. it looks brand new and has not
> been ridden for nearly 2 years.(owner injured and cant use it )
> Has not even had the black paint worn of the chain rings
>
> What do you lot think deal or one to avoid

Deal, and if you don't want it, pass on the details ... ;)

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Steve Peake
November 25th 05, 09:15 AM
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:14:45 GMT, Gooty wrote:

> Help !!!
>
> any know much about a marin mount vision pro. 2003
> Full XTR ( with the new brake/gear pods) XTR disks / hubs. Rockshox sid
> world cup. loads of carbon bits, seat/bars only weighs 23 lbs
>
> Have found a bloke selling one for £1000. it looks brand new and has not
> been ridden for nearly 2 years.(owner injured and cant use it )
> Has not even had the black paint worn of the chain rings
>
> What do you lot think deal or one to avoid

Your unlikely to get anything better at that price, 2003 was the first year
with the extra link part in the swingarm, so the frame doesn't differ from
the new ones. Just make sure the shocks are okay.

Steve

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home