PDA

View Full Version : Syko Productions presents Shaun Johanneson

uniryder
November 26th 05, 11:23 AM
Shaun Johanneson has been selected as the first member of Syko
Productions sponsored team, Team Syko. Shaun brings a diverse mix of
skill, creativity, and positive attitude that has helped mold him into
one of the sports top riders. Along with Bedford Unicycles, Team Syko
will help Shaun with equipment and promotion.

Here's a short video of Shaun sessioning from Spring/Summer 2005:

http://tinyurl.com/crpx5

*Note - This is not filmed by Syko Productions and yes thats a triple
flip at the end!

HOMETOWN:[/B] MANDAN, NORTH DAKOTA

*AGE:* 17 YEARS OLD

[B]ABOUT HIS RIDING:

Shaun has pioneered combo/tech grinds and flip tricks. He is the first
person to land a double flip, triple flip, trey flip (360 unispin
crankflip), varial flip and inward flip (180 unispin with reverse body
varial crankflip). He rides street with a little bit of freestyle and
flatland.

In October 2005, Shaun won the “What do you Freestyle?” contest put on
by Target/Levis. The contest asked for participants to submit 1 clip
of them doing something unique, creative and entertaining. Most
submissions included bike and skateboard tricks, while Shaun wowed the
judges with an 11 stair pedal grind. For his efforts will receive an
all expenses paid trip to Aspen, Colorado for the winter X-games.

WHEN DID YOU START UNICYCLING AND WHY:
March 5th 2001, Saw Kris Holm on Ripley's Believe it or Not and wanted
to learn, got a unicycle (24" torker) for my birthday early. Got
serious winter of 2003-2004 after watching the trailer for U2.

WHY DO YOU LIKE TO RIDE:
It's awesome, to do a sport that is in the minority. I like to ride for
advancement as well. The feeling of achievement is unmatched.

OTHER INTERESTS:
Weight Lifting (last time I talked to Shaun he was working on his ass),
Dancing

SHAUN’S WORDS OF WISDOM:
Don’t get discouraged, practice is all it takes. Ride hard, but have
fun.

CONTACT SHAUN:
shaun (at) sykoproductions (dot) com

-Dan Heaton

--
uniryder
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

flyer
November 26th 05, 01:07 PM
That's AWESOME!

Congrats, man!

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

chosen
November 26th 05, 01:39 PM
thats really cool. he definitley deserves it, hes amazing with his
riding. blows me away. i like these words too.
*Don’t get discouraged, practice is all it takes*.

--
chosen

Chose N
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/cyq4q)
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

David_Stone
November 26th 05, 01:47 PM
That video clip was amazing. I'm sure he'll inspire even more people.
Just where is this sport headed?!? Way to go, Shaun, and thanks, Dan,
for posting the clip.

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

redhead
November 26th 05, 02:02 PM
YA YOU ROCK SHAUN YA!!! YA Congrats
Hey every one else look at my signiture, that is what he said after
stomping the dubble flip!

--
redhead

"Watch me do that agein!" Shaun E. Johanneson

-Party hard unicycle harder
redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985

juggle508
November 26th 05, 02:25 PM
Thats awesome. I have been waiting for this. Now I don't have to keep it
a secret. Is no one else amazed by the triple crankflip at the end?
Anyway congratulations Shaun and keep riding hard.

KH.

--
juggle508

----------Joshua 1:9 ----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

pete66
November 26th 05, 02:38 PM
What's the deal with X-Games? Does he just get to go watch? Shaun fully
deserves the sponsorship and whatever else comes his way, most improved
rider over the last year and a bit, and from the looks of that video,
possibly now the best rider in the world. I wonder what he's gonna do
next?

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

danger_uni
November 26th 05, 04:12 PM
Congrats Sean on the sponsorship! That clip is awesome.

Kris

--
danger_uni
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

abbabibble
November 26th 05, 04:21 PM
UUUHHHDA DA DA DA DA!!!! TRIIIIPLE CRANKFLIP!!! Thats, like, above and
beyond the laws of physics!

congrats, shaun!

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
-----------------------
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
"abababilbel" - General Dibbles
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

MERCYME
November 26th 05, 04:38 PM
That is some incredible riding. Congratulations, keep up that great
riding. INSANE!!!!!!!

--
MERCYME

The worlds #1 Professional Juggling Balls
'www.gballz.com' (http://www.gballz.com)
Used by the best jugglers in the world!
(if you do buy some tell him Danny referred you)
'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/7kk4r) Last updated *10/15/05*
MERCYME's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9764

jsm
November 26th 05, 04:40 PM
Somehow, I wasn't surprised to hear who the sponsorship went to.
Congratulations, Shaun.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

harper
November 26th 05, 05:24 PM
Fantastic video clip Dan. Shaun is a phenomenal rider. It's very
generous of you to sponsor a rider and it's a very positive reflection
on the sport and community.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

James_Potter
November 26th 05, 05:31 PM
holy craaap, shaun is INSANE!! I want to be Shaun Johanneson when I
grow up. congratulations!

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

entropy
November 26th 05, 05:36 PM
Incredible.

Anyone remember this post?

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35429

One year later he has improved by orders of magnitude and has begun to
do exactly what he claimed was possible.

Congratulations, Shaun. You earned it.

--
entropy
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

cathwood
November 26th 05, 05:45 PM
Jaw droppingly impressive.
Well done.

Cathy

--
cathwood

'Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive - C.S.Lewis

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

maxisback
November 26th 05, 06:24 PM
shaun 2 words for you : YOU OWN

--
maxisback
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

maestro8
November 26th 05, 07:28 PM
James_Potter wrote:
> I want to be Shaun Johanneson when I grow up.

I want to grow down so I can grow up to be Shaun Johanneson.

Congrats to Shaun for his sponsorship and Dan for continuing to push
the sport beyond anything most of us could imagine. You guys are
inspirations to all aspiring street/freestyle riders!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Dylan Wallinger
November 26th 05, 07:47 PM
That's unbelievable. Wicked riding, keep it up. Good on you Dan as well.
The sport is blasting forward thanks to amazing riders like Shaun and
the promotion Dan does. Thanks guys.

I'm almost so stoked I might get back into riding.

-Dylan

--
Dylan Wallinger

I tried to throw away a yo-yo. It was f___ing impossible.
Dylan Wallinger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3797

ColDawG
November 27th 05, 02:40 AM
WOW!
what a cool vid

thanks for showcasing a wider variety of shaun's skills, he's amazing!
i mean, his defect section was amazing too, but I liked seeing more of
his tricks down stairsets as well as his flatland style stuff like
yours dan

Shaun, your tech tricks are amazing!!! all those flips and spins, into
and out of rails... jeez...
keep up the great work dan and shaun!!!!

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

digitalattrition
November 27th 05, 02:56 AM
I think I'm blind now! That was awesome!

--
digitalattrition

We will eat Big and his brother Huge for breakfast. We will definitely
have a solid grip on Extreme.
--Nick Dijohn

Main Men: Kevin, Tim, Dijohn, Joe, Jim, Bevan

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

zach_jucha
November 27th 05, 03:30 AM
this is really what i imagine the future of street unicycling being
like. great work, keep it up. i may have something of my own to offer
sometime in the future.

--
zach_jucha

hey i'm back
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

evil-nick
November 27th 05, 05:24 AM
I have a new hero...

Now I just need a trials uni 'cause like... DAMN!!!

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Jester2000
November 27th 05, 05:51 AM
Shaun, crazy stuff! You are a street maniac!

-Jess

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) | 'busteduni.com'
(http://www.busteduni.com) | 'primitivepictures.net'
(http://www.primitivepictures.net) | 'teamprimitive.com'
(http://www.teamprimitive.com)
The next installment coming *SOON* to a browser near you. It's going
to be BIG!
My Photos! 'Trip to WA'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery/wa_trip/) | 'Santa Barbara'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery/s_barb_july_05/) | 'Dan Heaton'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery/dan_heaton_visits)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

unicyclistjoe
November 27th 05, 01:43 PM
I don't think you can get more technical, more smooth, or more utterly
amazing than Shaun. I mean...a TRIPLE FLIP...Congrats Shaun, can't wait
to see what sick stuff you pull out in the future

--
unicyclistjoe

NZUni President
93cm Highest Hop
225cm Longest Hop
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

danieleator09
March 14th 08, 12:12 AM
what is the best unicycle to get for a beginner of trials riding?

--
danieleator09
http://www.usenet.com

unicycledood
March 14th 08, 12:49 AM
Why did you post that question here? Look around the forums for that
question or even better have a look at www.unicycle.com

--
unicycledood
http://www.usenet.com

danieleator09
March 14th 08, 03:07 AM
sorry, didnt know.
but thanks.

--
danieleator09
http://www.usenet.com

Unicaw89
March 14th 08, 08:19 AM
HAHAHA That was a lil random, but still a cool thread to get bumped up.
Rock on Shaun

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/B]FREAKING[B] WILLIAMS
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! <-----its a vid, click it:rolleyes: '
(http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com ' (renegadejuggling.com)'Koxx-one.com'
(koxx-one.com)

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> If the sun came out at night id be nocturnal....
http://www.usenet.com

epistolize
March 14th 08, 10:00 AM
mmm shaun's progression over 3.5 years is inspirational.

--
epistolize

affirmation: i will hit tricks in a heavy stylee, quit prehoppin and
flow freely:cool:
organise my th:rolleyes:ughts into lines
:D and WORK "I lli T!
eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"
http://www.usenet.com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home